What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How you see the rest of the way

CU have 13 games left. 6 Home, 7 Away. How many more games, if any, do you predict they lose?

Votes: 3 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.4%

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 15 33.3%

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 3 6.7%

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Over 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oops. :giggle:

I'd rather get the USC win. Need it for the standings and UCLA will end up being a "non bad" loss on the resume as a road game.

I’m loving the anticipa
Say it
giphy.gif

For SC, Oregon and Stanford, we need some breaks or high end performance we don’t normally have on the road, ie a friendly whistle for Evan, turnovers 11 or less, and a good night shooting from 3. I’d be thrilled if we get one of those 3 games.

A split in L.A is the floor for this team. They are bounce back tested, and I would be expect a strong performance againt SC if they flounder against UCLA. In the USC game, we’ll be a 1 possession underdog (honestly 3 points would high), so it’s close to a toss-up game. We really ought to sweep one of these Cali road trips to prove we are who we think we are, and we have a great shot here. Though after being BuffSwept last year, L.A. will be on high alert!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but saw an interesting stat today:

Each of the past five NCAA champions have ranked as a top-20 assist-to-turnover team, with their average ranking being ninth.

Would love for this to be an increased focus of ours the rest of the season. Will be tough unless Shane builds on his performance against UW in the assist column.

@USC W
CAL W
STAN W
@ORE W
@OSU W
USC W
UCLA W
@CAL W
@STAN W
@UTAH W

Regular season Pac-12 Champions!!!

Pac 12 quarters W
Pac 12 semis W
Pac 12 Final W

Pac 12 tournament champions!!!

NCAA 2nd round W
NCAA 3rd round W
NCAA Sweet 16 W
NCAA Elite 8 W
NCAA Final 4 W
NCAA Championship W

National Champions!!!

Here's the win probabilities in the remaining games according to ESPN's BPI

OpponentWin Probability
@ UCLA
0.716​
@ USC Win
0.423​
Cal Win
0.958​
Stanford Win
0.799​
@ Oregon Loss
0.242​
@ Oregon St Loss
0.588​
USC Loss
0.761​
UCLA Win
0.927​
@ Cal Win
0.835​
@ Stanford Loss
0.398​
@ Utah Win
0.706​

Gotta be 4-0 at home the rest of the way.

Shot at the conference title if we pull off a win @Oregon, and win 3 or 4 (probably 4) of the other 6 games on the road.

Not sure if I can stay up for the 1030PM start time on the East coast for this USC game; either outcome will probably disturb my sleep.

I really hope we're looking at that game in Stanford with a very real chance to win the regular season title.

Hopeful expectations aside, I'd bet on 8-3 the rest of the way, taking care of business at home, losing @Oregon and 2 other road games, not sure which ones, best bets would be USC and Oregon State in my mind.

Unless Oregon goes into funk I don’t think we can win conference now but still top 4 PAC and good NCAA seed

With ten to go I see the Buffs losing one to SC, Stanford, and Oregon. I also think they will drop one more because of another bad night.
6-4

With ten to go I see the Buffs losing one to SC, Stanford, and Oregon. I also think they will drop one more because of another bad night.
6-4
Sound about right. OSU and Utah are options for a 4th road loss, but road wins at SC and Stanford are possible if we have the intensity (or if either has an off night).

CAL W
STAN W
@ORE W
@OSU W
USC W
UCLA W
@CAL W
@STAN W
@UTAH W

Regular season Pac-12 Champions!!!

Pac 12 quarters W
Pac 12 semis W
Pac 12 Final W

Pac 12 tournament champions!!!

NCAA 2nd round W
NCAA 3rd round W
NCAA Sweet 16 W
NCAA Elite 8 W
NCAA Final 4 W
NCAA Championship W

National Champions!!!

We need this Bay Area home stand. Fans need to be wild for these.

Cal is playing well lately with Bradley on fire.

Stanford reversed its mini slump today and their defense is pretty nasty. They're not soft this year.

Revised:
Cal-W
Stanford-W
@ Oregon-L
@ OSU-L
USC-W
UCLA-W
@ Cal-W
@ Stanford-W
@ Utah-W

24-7.

Sound about right. OSU and Utah are options for a 4th road loss, but road wins at SC and Stanford are possible if we have the intensity (or if either has an off night).

I don't see a loss to Utah in SLC-when you get obliterated like they did when they were here, you've got a huge mental hurdle you've got to get over when you play that team a second time.

I don't see a loss to Utah in SLC-when you get obliterated like they did when they were here, you've got a huge mental hurdle you've got to get over when you play that team a second time.
There is a clear book on beating Utah now: smother Timmy Allen and stay on their 3pt shooters. Since Allen is the only real creator they have, they don't have an answer for this.

There is a clear book on beating Utah now: smother Timmy Allen and stay on their 3pt shooters. Since Allen is the only real creator they have, they don't have an answer for this.

Exactly! I still don't think we blow that game unless we lay an egg of epic proportions.

Three scenarios my tiny little brain can accept the rest of the way:
1) Finish 6-1, win the Pac outright at 14-4. Top3 seed in the dance.
2) Finish 5-2, win the Pac outright (75%); split the crown (25%) at 13-5.
3) Finish 4-3, and split the Pac crown with 1-2 teams.

Scenario 2 is the most likely to me, as I think we have a real shot at sweeping the Bay trip, which would give us room to blow a game (or take a sweep in Oregon). Pumped that we have OSU on Saturday, as we know if we drop the Oregon game, our guys should be locked in against OSU and maybe even be ready for the press.

Also I would love for the current conference standing to hold out! That’s the dream scenario. Buffs at the 1 seed in Vegas with the Ducks (2), Zona (3), and UCLA (6) all on the other side of the bracket.

We have a tough 7 game stretch to round off the remainder of the season. . . 5 - 2 would be an impressive finsh

Back