What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interim coach thread

Who becomes interim HC?

• Sanford

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Wilson

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Patterson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Barnett

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Hagan

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Random Colorado High School coach

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • McGeoghan

Votes: 61 58.7%

• Total voters
McG is the Assistant HC. He’s higher in the chain of command than all of the other assistants, including both coordinators.
Does the AHC title actually mean anything though. Title doesn't always equal responsibility. I'm sure in some cases it does. I think in most case though it's just a way to get a guy a higher salary with HR (feel like this is the case with McG) or to allow for easier movement to another job.

Does the AHC title actually mean anything though. Title doesn't always equal responsibility. I'm sure in some cases it does. I think in most case though it's just a way to get a guy a higher salary with HR (feel like this is the case with McG) or to allow for easier movement to another job.
It does when the HC gets canned.

Sleep Yawn GIF

Since neither are coaching now, could we hire Herman or Mildenhall as the interim/permanent coach?

Since neither are coaching now, could we hire Herman or Mildenhall as the interim/permanent coach?
No coach is going to take over this mess mid season and we’re not going to take on salary in a lost season. Fire the HC, let someone already on the payroll take over as interim and move full speed into finding a replacement and giving them the time and resources needed to build a staff and prepare for 2023.

Maybe the right choice is Hagan just like how Cabral did it after Hawkins was fired.

No expectations that it would be an audition for the HC job and someone who is loved enough by the fans to settle things down while we build for the future with a youth movement + conducting a HC search.

Maybe the right choice is Hagan just like how Cabral did it after Hawkins was fired.

No expectations that it would be an audition for the HC job and someone who is loved enough by the fans to settle things down while we build for the future with a youth movement + conducting a HC search.
Hagan has been as bad a coach as we've had on staff the last decade. He only gets a pass because, well, he's Hagan.

Hagan has been as bad a coach as we've had on staff the last decade. He only gets a pass because, well, he's Hagan.
I agree. I'm saying he'd get that same pass as IHC. There's no saving this season. So let the coordinators do their thing, Hagan play nice with the boosters and press, and put all the organizational focus on fixing the football operation.

Leavitt was the DC and then the interim HC at SMU. Interestingly enough, I think they play TCU this weekend. I dont think Leavitt is there anymore.

must be fate .... got a Leavitt notification on my twitter

And the Oscar goes to "Man getting hit by football"

Or maybe the guy who thought he was the smartest guy in the offensive room is now gone. I think KD was a huge issue interfering with the O last year and this year. Only consistent factor

I picked Sanford, because it’s the wrong choice and that’s who George will chose based off his prior HC experience.

McGeoghan is the right choice and that’s who I’d prefer to see.

KD gets the axe after we lose to AZ going into the bye week. Probably that Monday (unless we win the next two games; we won’t).
yay

Attachments

• 5E46964C-139E-4341-A492-C0FBD691DA3B.jpeg
    5E46964C-139E-4341-A492-C0FBD691DA3B.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 37
OK, with the moves on the staff with Chatman and Patterson, seems like we gotta move Brandon Gibson from Offense QC to TE's. Then likely move Jeff Smart from Defense QC to DL?

OK, are we going to move forward short two coaches?
Who is going to officially call the plays?
And most important, will Sanford just be standing on the sideline looking like a cardboard cutout?

Back