What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Its Game Day - Sac. State

The offensive rebounding numbers seem a little inflated because Sac State was missing so bad. Sac State shot 29.4%, and a lot of those had no chance, which leads to long rebounds. I'm sure Tad will have the team working on boxing out before next game.

The offensive rebounding numbers seem a little inflated because Sac State was missing so bad. Sac State shot 29.4%, and a lot of those had no chance, which leads to long rebounds. I'm sure Tad will have the team working on boxing out before next game.
Yeah. Hard to box out when a three hits the front of the rim and bounces over the boxer outer's heads, haha.

Last edited:

Tad was asked about that. Sac State missed 48 shots and had 17 offensive rebounds. Tad's target is an 80% minimum defensive rebound rate. That was a **** performance on the defensive glass.

One thing about the rebounding, which wasn't great, was those Sac St front line guys were huuuuugggee. Not real talented, but they were monstrous dudes. Looked more like offensive lineman, they pushed some guys around. Not overly concerned.

Buffs have athletes upon athletes. Freshman looked great. Really really excited.

One thing about the rebounding, which wasn't great, was those Sac St front line guys were huuuuugggee. Not real talented, but they were monstrous dudes. Looked more like offensive lineman, they pushed some guys around. Not overly concerned.

Buffs have athletes upon athletes. Freshman looked great. Really really excited.
And we haven't even seen Peters yet...

That was fun last night. Glad to see the C-Unit doing work early in the season. Hope the fans follow suit.

Team has crazy depth, and everyone passes the eyeball test. Thought it was interesting that Tad ran Dom and Akyazili together all night. Deleon had people around me wondering who the hell he was when he took the floor. Kid just has something about him. Agree that he is going to be fun to watch here. Looks like there are a bunch of guys who can play the point on this team, which will allow them to throw some really interesting looks at opponents this year. Just a lot of weapons and different ways to employ them.

Pretty apparent that the Buffs will go 27 - 3, stomp through the Pac-12 Tourney, and ride their #1 NCAA Tourney seed to a National Championship.

That was fun last night. Glad to see the C-Unit doing work early in the season. Hope the fans follow suit.

Team has crazy depth, and everyone passes the eyeball test. Thought it was interesting that Tad ran Dom and Akyazili together all night. Deleon had people around me wondering who the hell he was when he took the floor. Kid just has something about him. Agree that he is going to be fun to watch here. Looks like there are a bunch of guys who can play the point on this team, which will allow them to throw some really interesting looks at opponents this year. Just a lot of weapons and different ways to employ them.

Pretty apparent that the Buffs will go 27 - 3, stomp through the Pac-12 Tourney, and ride their #1 NCAA Tourney seed to a National Championship.

To the bold, I also thought that was really interesting. Tommy to push pace and be the assist guy, taking some of that pressure off Dom and allowing Dom to get his. Dom has turned into a damn good shooter. I think this works and Dom's game makes a hell of a lot of sense in more of a Josh Fortune type role. Could be a transformative more for Dom and the team. We've got a bench that can extend leads when they come in.

It will be an interesting year in the PAC12. Oregon is getting a lot of attention. Arizona looked good yesterday against Kansas. I went to the UCLA game last night, their top 5 players are phenomenal (explosive) but the team lacks depth. I think CU is right there with this group as long as they can establish an interior presence (defensively and rebounding). Second thought, I listened to the CU game and it was nice to have the 3 point game flowing. However, Arizona and Oregon do a very good job defending on the perimeter. We will need players to penetrate so teams cannot cheat outside and take away the 3 pointers. King and White can both penetrate, I was not able to identify anyone else who stood out taking the ball at the defense?

It will be an interesting year in the PAC12. Oregon is getting a lot of attention. Arizona looked good yesterday against Kansas. I went to the UCLA game last night, their top 5 players are phenomenal (explosive) but the team lacks depth. I think CU is right there with this group as long as they can establish an interior presence (defensively and rebounding). Second thought, I listened to the CU game and it was nice to have the 3 point game flowing. However, Arizona and Oregon do a very good job defending on the perimeter. We will need players to penetrate so teams cannot cheat outside and take away the 3 pointers. King and White can both penetrate, I was not able to identify anyone else who stood out taking the ball at the defense?

That's where we hope Peters will be able to contribute this year. Not sure he's ready but it's be nice.

That's where we hope Peters will be able to contribute this year. Not sure he's ready but it's be nice.

Yaz is an aggressive penetrator. I'm sure that's part of why he's the backup PG right now. Peters was born ready but whatever he did off the court has him so far down the pecking order.

Methodical, that's how I'd describe the Buffs play on Friday night. They had few fast break opportunities and thus the half-court on both ends is where the Buffs were going to determine the outcome of the game. What caught my attention is the patience and trust they demonstrated on offense, There were no selfish plays, few silly passes and everyone was on the same page. All the newcomers looked as if they had been in system and with their teammates for a season. They seemed to take genuine pleasure in the team's success, without concern for individual statistics.

Derrick White was definitely the right choice to start at point guard. He has a lot of talent, but never forced the issue and let the game come to him. When Collier came in with the second platoon he was playing the shooting guard role and did it very well. He was relaxed and consistent in burying a number of treys.

Deleon Brown, I had no idea what to expect. He was very calm on both ends of the court and took what was given to him on offense. There's no doubt that he fits well with his teammates and the system. Same with Lucas Siewert. Except he has a bit of an unorthodox "jump" shot, he actually doesn't jump. But obviously it's effective. What caught my attention with him on his first injection into the game was his nose for the ball when rebounding. I thought he might be a bit soft in the going for the ball in the paint, but he was active.

XJ looked a bit rusty, but he wasn't forcing anything.

On offense, my biggest concern is the lack of low post scoring. Wes Gordon looks uncomfortable going one v one on the low block. And Tory Miller wasn't looking great in that position either. Hopefully they'll figure a way around this when they are playing with the big boys.

Agree with Tad about the defense and rebounding. I felt both were worse in the second half, perhaps it was hard to maintain focus when the game was effectively over.

Yes, whittling down to a 8 or 9 man rotation is going to be a challenge.

Back