What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jabari Walker Beast Mode Appreciation Thread

Probably should go because you can't teach his size and what not. Hopefully, he'd get in a good situation where he can work on being consistent with his play. Also, work on his body some, get stronger. Hope that happens for him.

The thing about that though, is the Gonzaga guys leave when they will get drafted. Sabonis left after this sophomore year, Ayayi after Junior year, Rui Hachimura after junior year, Zach Norvell after his sophomore year, the list goes on. It's not like all these guys are playing out their eligibility then waiting for the draft. The other side of it as @Buffnik mentioned is much worse. Don't you think Terrance Shannon from Texas Tech, wishes he stayed in last years draft. Would have been a late first rounder, now he's not on any draft boards. Warithe Alatishe after the Oregon State run might have been a late draft choice now he has no shot, Hunter Dickenson at Michigan, returning to college doesn't guarantee growth.

The thing about that though, is the Gonzaga guys leave when they will get drafted. Sabonis left after this sophomore year, Ayayi after Junior year, Rui Hachimura after junior year, Zach Norvell after his sophomore year, the list goes on. It's not like all these guys are playing out their eligibility then waiting for the draft. The other side of it as @Buffnik mentioned is much worse. Don't you think Terrance Shannon from Texas Tech, wishes he stayed in last years draft. Would have been a late first rounder, now he's not on any draft boards. Warithe Alatishe after the Oregon State run might have been a late draft choice now he has no shot, Hunter Dickenson at Michigan, returning to college doesn't guarantee growth.

Someone remind me of the rule. Don't hire an agent and, if you're not drafted, you can return to school. Or is that just football?

keep appreciating it. I think he's gone. real risk he goes the route of Tyler Bey too. But if he comes back next year is going to be a dangerous amount of fun

I read today that he's not projected to be drafted. That can't be right.

I'm always in favor of kids getting paid to play as opposed to risking injury for free, but I guess if he's not going to be drafted, he would probably return.

I'm always in favor of kids getting paid to play as opposed to risking injury for free, but I guess if he's not going to be drafted, he would probably return.
Where did you read that? If it's a 2 round mock draft you looked at and he's not included, I'd assume the writers think he won't declare. Otherwise, he's definitely at least a 2nd round pick, with a reasonable chance of going in the 1st round.

Most mocks have him in the 35-50 range. But any mock in the second round is throwing darts at a dartboard.

One thing to keep in mind too - this is considered a weak draft. That combined with the speculation that the next draft could be the first one to allow HS kids in again. That’s going to make next years draft doubly deep. If I’m Jabari, I’m either going pro this year or I’m planning on doing 4 years in Boulder.

I think he stays, and he knows he can be a National Player of the Year kind of guy,
He loves the program, he knows there is a lot of talent around him, and moving up into a higher draft position is likely with one more year. Or at least everything I just said is me talking myself into it

He'll declare. Would be right decision for him. Lots of up potential in the League

Edit: I think he's farther along in many areas, including the physical, than previous early departures, like Andre Roberson, Tyler Bey, and maybe even Alec Burks.

Last edited:
Most mocks have him in the 35-50 range. But any mock in the second round is throwing darts at a dartboard.

One thing to keep in mind too - this is considered a weak draft. That combined with the speculation that the next draft could be the first one to allow HS kids in again. That’s going to make next years draft doubly deep. If I’m Jabari, I’m either going pro this year or I’m planning on doing 4 years in Boulder.
I hadn’t heard that about HS kids in awhile. I just assumed it wasn’t happening anymore.

He should absolutely go, if he knows he'll be drafted. Somebody will find a place for a 6'8" guy who rebounds like he does. Not to mention, he can score too.

He'll declare. Would be right decision for him. Lots of up potential in the League

Edit: I think he's farther along in many areas, including the physical, than previous early departures, like Andre Roberson, Tyler Bey, and maybe even Alec Burks.

those aren't the right comparisons – yes he's stronger than them/has a more built out frame, but those guys athleticism were a tier up

really hard to say here, I'm still not convinced his game translates too well to the NBA unless he becomes more of a point forward type. this year he morphed into a quintessential college star, not a college stopover with NBA freak talent and potential

I think he stays, and he knows he can be a National Player of the Year kind of guy,

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

His mom is the head coach of ND women's team
Ok? Maybe I should lay out the point better. I know it’s hyperbole, because Ivey is a top 5 pick, but after any game where Jabari was below average, people posted that he should come back. Ivey is 3/10 in the biggest game of the year against a far inferior opponent. Same logic says he’s not ready for the NBA.

Ok? Maybe I should lay out the point better. I know it’s hyperbole, because Ivey is a top 5 pick, but after any game where Jabari was below average, people posted that he should come back. Ivey is 3/10 in the biggest game of the year against a far inferior opponent. Same logic says he’s not ready for the NBA.

It was nothing more than a comment and point of interest

Walker undrafted in the latest ESPM Draft projections, including all the final list of draft entrants. Many here think he should leave - if that includes the scenario where he is undrafted, maybe the entire team should declare early.

This is extremely short sided. This is one mock draft. The Athletic has him in the second round. Kin was undrafted signed a two way deal and played in 5 NBA games and will make 1.5 million next year. Jose Alvarado undrafted out of Georgia Tech playing playoff minutes for the Pelicans this year. Also there hasn’t even been NBA combine or workouts with teams yet. Jabari will be close around 21 by next years draft which is vastly more talented and where age is a huge hinderance in your ability to get drafted. Lastly, it’s not like CUs athletic department can get him set up with a huge NIL deal. This isn’t LA, Miami, NY etc. He should have declared, he more than likely should stay, and we as fans need to appreciate the two years we had and not blame the kid one bit for leaving to be a millionaire.

It's not about whether he can play if undrafted, it's about the difference in guaranteed money he will make, with some nod at compounding, that he'd make if he goes vs if he stays. Going undrafted vs being drafted in the 1st round is still a big deal last I checked.

It's not about whether he can play if undrafted, it's about the difference in guaranteed money he will make, with some nod at compounding, that he'd make if he goes vs if he stays. Going undrafted vs being drafted in the 1st round is still a big deal last I checked.
It’s not anywhere close to guaranteed though he gets in the first next year. How’d that go for Terrance Shannon this year? Who was a fringe first last year.

It’s not anywhere close to guaranteed though he gets in the first next year. How’d that go for Terrance Shannon this year? Who was a fringe first last year.
He's not ever getting a first round grade unless he becomes magically quicker and becomes a guy who can create his own shot off the dribble. Neither of those is happening.

Jabari Walker is enrolled for fall semester classes at the University of Colorado.

Don’t start popping champagne bottles just yet, Buffaloes fans. While CU men’s basketball coach Tad Boyle did indeed say Walker is making the proper preparations for the possible next step of his academic career, that step also remains merely part of the process Walker is sorting through as he explores his NBA draft stock while retaining his NCAA eligibility.

Back