What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jedd Fisch - Offensive Assistant LA Rams (NFL)

Certainly RG would have access to some guys who played for him and coached with along the way....
This.

With that many stops, and in a profession where everyone knows everyone anyway, RG will be able to get insider insight, and likely from more than one source.

Do you give any credit for the UCLA offense in 2017 and the revitalization of Rosen despite Rosen's relationship with Mora, his injuries and that OL?
I mean sure, but he had an elite QB and again he left after 1 year so would be nice to see him demonstrate some consistency somewhere.

I mean sure, but he had an elite QB and again he left after 1 year so would be nice to see him demonstrate some consistency somewhere.
Mora got fired and UCLA hired Chip Kelly over Fisch. That's a little different than to say "Fisch left".

Mora got fired and UCLA hired Chip Kelly over Fisch. That's a little different than to say "Fisch left".
True but that’s going to happen sometimes - stay somewhere, anywhere for more than 1-2 years to demonstrate consistency. I may be jaded with Mac and Leavitt into thinking a lot of coaches can have a strong year here and there, but consistency is harder.

True but that’s going to happen sometimes - stay somewhere, anywhere for more than 1-2 years to demonstrate consistency. I may be jaded with Mac and Leavitt into thinking a lot of coaches can have a strong year here and there, but consistency is harder.
He has stayed at jobs longer than 1 or 2 years. Wasn't he with Baltimore for 4?

Did you listen to him talk about his career and the reasons why he changed jobs?

The only performance related true red flag there is that he got fired as the Jacksonville OC because Blake Bortles didn't progress as wanted.
You should hear me talk about my career. You’d think I should be Secretary of Defense. Now when OTHER people talk about my career...

In addition to the video Nik linked and the breakdown Jens gave, Fisch spoke to his moving around a bit in this article from a few years back when he was at Michigan:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...h-michigan-passing-game-coordinator/28961323/

"Most of the decisions have been out of my control (entire staff firings) or decisions anyone in the profession would have done (moving up)," he said. "I've been very fortunate."

From passing game coordinator, he got the offensive coordinator gig with UCLA, then that staff was let go. Fair to question how he ended up as an assistant with the Rams instead of taking a coaching position somewhere else. Suppose that could be due to him being a terrible/unlikable dude or incompetent coach. Some of the people who he has previously worked for though, seem to still hold him in pretty high esteem.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-jedd-fisch-20170830-story.html

In this article from after he left Michigan to take the UCLA OC job, Harbaugh gushes about the guy and says he was probably ready to be a head coach at that point. Sounds like Fisch keeps a notebook labeled "One day as a head coach" with tidbits from the coaches he has worked with. He took how to communicate with QBs from Harbaugh; how to mercilessly attack a defense's weakness from Spurrier; and developed a lot of his basic schematic stuff from Billick and Shanahan. Could be he wanted an opportunity to get a glimpse at the McVay offense/playbook before he got back into the coaching fray (he did, after all, make a decision about where to attend undergrad largely based on his desire to learn from Spurrier).

If he makes it through the vetting process and RG says this is the guy, zero heartburn with me about his multiple stops or current employment.

Last edited:
I've cooled off on Fisch. He has shown a lot of accomplishments and potential. But there are significant unknowns, especially since he hasn't been at one place long enough to show fully the talent and skills to be a head coach. Yes, there are valid and impressive reasons for his constantly getting 'promoted' and moving around; be nice to see some good experiences where he coordinated, coached, recruited, built a team, etc. and progressively over time .

I've cooled off on Fisch. He has shown a lot of accomplishments and potential. But there are significant unknowns, especially since he hasn't been at one place long enough to show fully the talent and skills to be a head coach. Yes, there are valid and impressive reasons for his constantly getting 'promoted' and moving around; be nice to see some good experiences where he coordinated, coached, recruited, built a team, etc. and progressively over time .
im still higher on him than any other candidate... he's my guy

I’d be happy with Fisch. Hard to justify taking the risk if you can get someone like Dana, Dino or Schiano, tho.

No complaints from me if Fisch is the guy. Not my #1 which is Hologo but it would be hard to look at this as nothing but a solid hire.

Back