What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jerdough and other stuff

The money is going to dry up at most schools at some point and the market will correct. Donors didn’t just open their wallets more because NIL became a thing, they just diverted their donations to the collectives.
easy fix-- rev share with the players -- schools have no one to blame but themselves for diversion of funds-- fairness sucks for them.

oh my god omg GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Shouldn’t RG be in his office researching the bios of HCs? He’s gonna throw his hip out jumping around like that.

Shouldn’t RG be in his office researching the bios of HCs? He’s gonna throw his hip out jumping around like that.
He’s long term planning.

Step 1: get hurt jumping around like jackass
Step 2: start hiring search
Step 3: get surgery and painpills
Step 4: predictably **** up hire
Step 5: have lapdogs blame painpills for **** up
Step 6: profit

He’s long term planning.

Step 1: get hurt jumping around like jackass
Step 2: start hiring search
Step 3: get surgery and painpills
Step 4: predictably **** up hire
Step 5: have lapdogs blame painpills for **** up
Step 6: profit
Man Jumping GIF
Jump Jumping GIF by EJ Marcus
Star Trek Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lewis is transferring.
I thought the coach mentioning the other 2 QBs and saying we're in great shape, while totally ignoring Lewis, was a cheap and disrespectful shot on coaches' part.

There are a lot of Buffs who really bonded with Lewis, and this kind of brush-off has to seem low-class.

Lewis is transferring.
I thought the coach mentioning the other 2 QBs and saying we're in great shape, while totally ignoring Lewis, was a cheap and disrespectful shot on coaches' part.

There are a lot of Buffs who really bonded with Lewis, and this kind of brush-off has to seem low-class.
Don't you read ?
Sanford yesterday mentioned that he's been talking to Lewis about this for the last month.

Lewis is transferring.

Go watch the presser. This is just flat out nonsense. He spent a while talking about Lewis, far more than he needed to.

Lewis is transferring.

I didn’t think it was per se disrespectful, but I definitely think he wasn’t set up for success at Colorado by either OC.

Last edited:
I didn’t think it was per se disrespectfuk, but I definitely think he wasn’t set up for success at Colorado by either OC.
I thought Lewis's skill set was comparable to Sefo's.

Doesn't have a cannon, but can make the college throws. Not a burner or jitterbug, but can extend some plays and get you some 1st downs & chunk plays with his legs. Doesn't have elite accuracy, but good enough to be successful in college with some work on mechanics (footwork & consistent delivery motion).

Seeing the field, pre snap reads, getting quickly through progressions, mechanics/footwork, and being decisive with the ball were the sum of the issues, imo. Those are things you'd think coaching could improve.

He has some moxie and is an absolute bull (iirc, he set a CU program freshman record on squats)

I think BL can function well in FCS and in some G5 programs. CU hasn’t been a good place lately for guys that need a lot of coaching on basics.

I thought Lewis's skill set was comparable to Sefo's.

Doesn't have a cannon, but can make the college throws. Not a burner or jitterbug, but can extend some plays and get you some 1st downs & chunk plays with his legs. Doesn't have elite accuracy, but good enough to be successful in college with some work on mechanics (footwork & consistent delivery motion).

Seeing the field, pre snap reads, getting quickly through progressions, mechanics/footwork, and being decisive with the ball were the sum of the issues, imo. Those are things you'd think coaching could improve.

He has some moxie and is an absolute bull (iirc, he set a CU program freshman record on squats)
Lindgren tried to kill Sefo and Montez, but it was effective. I think Lewis would’ve thrived in an offense featuring heavy QB run game and fewer reads. Chev wanting his bastardized air raid and Sanford preferring pocket plus, Lewis was not going to success.

I hope BL goes P5 and lights it up. Kid has talent. We just had an all time bad offense

His talent level is G5. Slow release, average arm strength and mediocre speed. No ability to read a defense.

Of course, bad coaching exasperated his problems.
He has a very strong arm and is quite fast. Not super accurate, nor is he a prototypical pocket passer with a quick release. He was in the wrong scheme with poor protection. If the scheme were tailored to his strengths instead of imposing the system on the player, he would’ve been more successful. They just did not want to run him. In the games where we had higher % of designed QB runs, success rate was way higher.

He has a very strong arm and is quite fast. Not super accurate, nor is he a prototypical pocket passer with a quick release. He was in the wrong scheme with poor protection. If the scheme were tailored to his strengths instead of imposing the system on the player, he would’ve been more successful. They just did not want to run him. In the games where we had higher % of designed QB runs, success rate was way higher.
It looked to me like he has all the physical tools. He just didn’t know where and when to throw the ball, and as a result, held on to it too long on many plays.

I agree that he could have been a serviceable P12 QB with better coaching and a more dual threat offense, but he was football slow. I would rate his accuracy better than his arm strength.

it will be interesting to see where he lands.

It looked to me like he has all the physical tools. He just didn’t know where and when to throw the ball, and as a result, held on to it too long on many plays.
All flows back to the scheme mismatch. With Chev, Lewis had a bunch of rules he had to process before he would be able to run the ball. Add in the OL being a catastrophe, it was a recipe for disaster.

BLew could have been magical with the right coaching and the right scheme. Tucker ****ed him over hard by leaving, imo, because it led to the insanity (and inanity) of the Dorrell era.

As it is, if he can get into a P5 program that fits him and his strengths, and they take the time to let him grow, he can still have a couple of good years. Most likely though he goes G5 and does just fine.

I wish him all the best, what happened with him here was not his fault.

BLew could have been magical with the right coaching and the right scheme. Tucker ****ed him over hard by leaving, imo, because it led to the insanity (and inanity) of the Dorrell era.

As it is, if he can get into a P5 program that fits him and his strengths, and they take the time to let him grow, he can still have a couple of good years. Most likely though he goes G5 and does just fine.

I wish him all the best, what happened with him here was not his fault.
THIS x10000000. The kid did absolutely nothing wrong. He came to a school in good faith and with excitement and got screwed over by a group of incompetent idiots. Hope he finds a good landing place and finds his passion for the sport again.

Last edited:
All flows back to the scheme mismatch. With Chev, Lewis had a bunch of rules he had to process before he would be able to run the ball. Add in the OL being a catastrophe, it was a recipe for disaster.
To be fair, in 2021 we had him and drew carter at qb, so running the qb a lot was a risky move to say the least.

I didn't notice this before, but these two consecutive tweets are freaking hilarious. Dorrell was fired on October 2nd.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.03.50 AM.png

Back