What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Agree. And while it was never really in doubt, it’s embarrassing to have Regents behave like this. Even if it’s just two out of nine - this kind of thing is a bad look for the school.

Shoemaker, okay, she has decided player safety is one of her issues. Dumb, but I at least somewhat understand it. Kroll? Just dumb.

Two regents who voted no last time flipped their votes though, that is a pretty major reversal in 14 months.

So much press given to the Regents that vote against the contracts. Only one of seven that voted for the contract are listed in Howell’s story and the one that is listed was only listed because she voted against football contracts recently.

The presss and the posters around here spend so much energy pissing and whining about two Regents and spend little time on the seven supporters.
The supporters are just doing their base jobs. Find another university that gets no votes on coaches contracts. MSU unanimously approved Tucker's contract almost before he touched down.

Shoemaker, okay, she has decided player safety is one of her issues. Dumb, but I at least somewhat understand it. Kroll? Just dumb.

Two regents who voted no last time flipped their votes though, that is a pretty major reversal in 14 months.
Didn’t one abstain last time? Not a no vote, but was conveniently absent when the vote was taken? Or was that a different issue?

And I totally agree with your take on both Shoemaker and Kroll.

Didn’t one abstain last time? Not a no vote, but was conveniently absent when the vote was taken? Or was that a different issue?

And I totally agree with your take on both Shoemaker and Kroll.

I think Shoemaker abstained on the vote to extend MacIntyre after that was delayed with the Tumpkin saga.

So much press given to the Regents that vote against the contracts. Only one of seven that voted for the contract are listed in Howell’s story and the one that is listed was only listed because she voted against football contracts recently.

The presss and the posters around here spend so much energy pissing and whining about two Regents and spend little time on the seven supporters.
Happy?

In case anybody wants to compare: The vote for Tucker's contract was 6-2. Kroll and Shoemaker were no's, with Griego abstaining.

I’m sure you can dredge up some more history to piss on Dorrell’s parade.

Okay? Just seemed like there was some confusion-Smith voted for MT's contract, but against the assistants. Thought I'd clarify. If you want to be a dick, more power to you.

No, it is very rare. Most are appointed by governor or legislature
To add to this, instead of publicly elected Regents some have a "Trustees" board that's all or partly made up of university stakeholders such as alumni association & faculty reps et al.

Agree. And while it was never really in doubt, it’s embarrassing to have Regents behave like this. Even if it’s just two out of nine - this kind of thing is a bad look for the school.
Nah. Nobody cares about this stuff. Do you think a recruit is going to say, “Man! Love CU. But two regents voted against the coach’s contract. Hmm.”

I’m beginning to believe that, a couple of years from now, when we look back on this whole ordeal that our former coach put us through, we will be happy that it happened. Time will tell. I hope our ‘20 class feels the same.

Last edited:
Salad!
Edit: Haha! I’m traveling for work. Wife texted and asked what I had for dinner. “Burger or salad?” Oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: wip
Jack Kroll is just terrible.

Nothing like power to bring out the worst in people. Classic example of his generation’s faults: get to claim the high ground and feel like a hero as long as the adults who understand reality actually get the job done in spite of your posturing antics.

Jack Kroll is just terrible.

Nothing like power to bring out the worst in people. Classic example of his generation’s faults: get to claim the high ground and feel like a hero as long as the adults who understand reality actually get the job done in spite of your posturing antics.
Agreed. If the vote truly came down to him, he’d be too chicken **** to actually vote no, IMO, but he knows his vote is symbolic and can be pointed to as a “safety first” and contrarian vote when he moves on in his political career.

Agreed. If the vote truly came down to him, he’d be too chicken **** to actually vote no, IMO, but he knows his vote is symbolic and can be pointed to as a “safety first” and contrarian vote when he moves on in his political career.

Simple solution to that problem: Which of you guys who live in CD-1 want to primary him?

I'm not sure about that it's kind of his only schtick.

Not me but if all that was required of a Regent was to come vote on CU athletic matters, I’d do it. Seems like a lot of work though

I'd do it myself, but I'm a Republican, and I think the odds are better than 50/50 unincorporated Jeffco (where I live) goes back to 6 or becomes part of a new CD here before he's up again.

Kroll just needs a couple of wranglers to beat the **** out of him, ****ing pussy. Idk much about Shoemaker. What I do know is some people should let people live their own lives instead of trying to make their decisions for them. Football is a dangerous sport, who knew? :rolleyes:

Back