What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Kroll just needs a couple of wranglers to beat the **** out of him, ****ing *****. Idk much about Shoemaker. What I do know is some people should let people live their own lives instead of trying to make their decisions for them. Football is a dangerous sport, who knew? :rolleyes:
There is a Casa Bonita/ sopapilla wranglers joke here somewhere.

I do too. I really like this guy; seems like he's the kind of dude that exudes character and integrity. I tend to believe that will pay dividends in recruiting, as well.

I just hope he can coach on game day.
Him and his staff.

I like this

From the article, relating to student athletes’ mental health, “And the world that is familiar to most college students is magnified in the world of student-athletes, who see their performances scrutinized — and criticized — by thousands of people.” Which is why I hate seeing fans pile on a player beyond a certain point.

I’ve done it more than I should, too. Fans and even former players who may have enjoyed much greater success have nowhere near the skin in the game as do the guys on the team. Player X may seem like a bum, but he’s obviously performed better than most of his position teammates if he’s earning scrutiny.

Both suck to sit near, but the guy who’s drunk (or mysteriously sober) and constantly talking smack at the opposition is more bearable to me than the one who berates those on the field (or court, track, and do on).

At the very least, Coach Dorrell has class to spare.

Hey Buffs. Simple question in modern college football history who has had a stranger hire and offseason leading up to their first team activities than Dorrell? Poor guy. How do you make it yourcteam and fix things if you can’t even get them in the building?

Hey Buffs. Simple question in modern college football history who has had a stranger hire and offseason leading up to their first team activities than Dorrell? Poor guy. How do you make it yourcteam and fix things if you can’t even get them in the building?
I'm skeptical

I'm skeptical

Chuck Fairbanks is the obvious parallel. The Patriots sued us, and he wasnt able to formally take over until April.

As a result, we had no recruiting class for 1979((no coach, no signing LOIs)no spring practice, and Fairbanks wasnt able to hire his staff until May and he had to install his systems in fall camp.

A former coworker played from 80-83, wanted to commit in 79 but couldnt. He went to another school and transferred to CU after a year. He said that you could smell liquor on Fairbanks’ breath at practice. He was a very good coach, but he had no idea what he was in for and didnt handle it well.

Chuck Fairbanks is the obvious parallel. The Patriots sued us, and he wasnt able to formally take over until April.

As a result, we had no recruiting class for 1979((no coach, no signing LOIs)no spring practice, and Fairbanks wasnt able to hire his staff until May and he had to install his systems in fall camp.

A former coworker played from 80-83, wanted to commit in 79 but couldnt. He went to wyoming and transferred to CU after a year. He said that you could smell liquor on Fairbanks’ breath at practice. He was a very good coach, but he had no idea what he was in for and didnt handle it well.
I prefer the guy who came after Chuck. Guess when he started?

Back