What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I guess per the Athletic RG was in on all the MT discussions. Time for him to move fast and enact a plan-B. At this point, I'm open to anyone with fire and energy. EB is fine. Calhoun is fine. Heck, Urban Meyer is fine. Stoops would be a moon landing. Unbelievable!

At least we are going to have deeper pockets this year. Not nearly as deep as we would next year tho. Really needed to get through 2020

Last edited:
I guess per the Athletic RG was in on all the MT discussions. Time for him to move fast and enact a plan-B. At this point, I'm open to anyone with fire and energy. EB is fine. Calhoun is fine. Heck, Urban Meyer is fine. Stoops would be a moon landing. Unbelievable!
“Urban Meyer would be fine” - Fan of program whose coach left for Michigan State after one 5-7 season.

Yeah, I think Urb would be a decent get too Guy

“Urban Meyer would be fine” - Fan of program whose coach left for Michigan State after one 5-7 season.

Yeah, I think Urb would be a decent get too Guy

Thanks, truth is I can't stand Urban Meyer, but whoever is best suited to immediately right the ship is just fine with me. I'm still in shock. Don't really want to see another FCS head coach. No Butch Jones. No Slick Rick. Hope RG has already been on the phone for many hours...

Thanks, truth is I can't stand Urban Meyer, but whoever is best suited to immediately right the ship is just fine with me. I'm still in shock. Don't really want to see another FCS head coach. No Butch Jones. No Slick Rick. Hope RG has already been on the phone for many hours...
Urban would be my #1 choice if I thought he was actually in the stratosphere of possible choices.

I’m sure RG and LC have been up all night trying to figure things out and gauge interest from candidates on their short list. They got to be extremely picky last year when going through this process. They are likely going to be settling this time around. Have to hope they luck into the right guy.

Tom Fornelli was just on ESPNU radio and said his path would be EB or interim. Talked about Harsin, McElwain, Butch Jones, and Derick Mason too.

For what it's worth he thought MSU should have taken a year with an interim after Fickell said no. It has nothing to do with Tucker and everything to do with the monstrous bet they had to make to get him. If it doesn't work out they are screwed because of the money they spent to get him.

RG will name an interim HC today, someone to lead the team while he conducts the search for the next few weeks.

Summers or Chev, probably in that order, is who I expect to get the short term interim gig.

Tom Fornelli was just on ESPNU radio and said his path would be EB or interim. Talked about Harsin, McElwain, Butch Jones, and Derick Mason too.

For what it's worth he thought MSU should have taken a year with an interim after Fickell said no. It has nothing to do with Tucker and everything to do with the monstrous bet they had to make to get him. If it doesn't work out they are screwed because of the money they spent to get him.

I tend to agree with this. EB or Chev as the interim. RG found a good coach with a thorough search process. You can't do that now. Recruiting is screwed for this upcoming season unless they land a big name like EB anyways. The timing absolutely bent us over.

Back