What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Avalos is a no from me. Almost no big time experience. But given I wanted Tucker, maybe it's time to do the opposite thing.

An important thing to consider is what sort of money does Colorado have, and what sort of money are you going to be willing to throw around? Do you think being burned like this will make the fanbase & administration take the steps to make sure this doesn't happen again? If so, it would probably take a $10M+ split between the HC & assistants if you're going to make this work long term (this year it was $5,555,000).

The good news is you've got a premium candidate out there in Bieniemy and the PAC-12 as a whole doesn't have a team that has a stranglehold at the top of the conference. Boulder should be a place that can attract high level talent, too.

There's no reason you guys can't use this as a catalyst to make strides towards the top!

Just because our fraud of a coach left us in February doesn’t mean other coaches will be so willing to screw their current employer. I think that makes hiring someone who is currently a college HC very difficult. We’re probably looking at another assistant somewhere or someone in the NFL or currently out of coaching.

it’s not an ideal list but I’d be looking at guys like:

Tony Elliot
Graham Harrell
Mike Yurcich
Tosh Lupoi
(gulp) Steve Sarkisian
Tim DeRuyter

I know everyone is saying chev isnt ready and i get it. But i disagree honestly. I think he could be a great HC. Great recruiter, and the players seem to like playing for him. Obviously this less than ideal situation but he has to be our best option at the moment.
Who is his staff going to comprise of as I imagine mel will take most of his staff with him.

Curious how long this process will take. If Chev is named interim HC then things will calm down a bit eternally among players but certainly kills recruiting.
Personally I think CU needs to make a big splash (if they can) and do so fairly quick as spring ball is right around the corner. I can't see a team without a HC having much success in spring ball. Maybe the NFL rout is the way to go this time.

I know this is depressing news. I liked Tucker. I am not going to waste energy on hating on him. Need to go out hire someone better. There are good options available and there are members of the staff that are staying.
It is time for fans to sit back and enjoy a special year in basketball and have faith in Rick George.

We still have a better AD than USC.

Please, for the love of Russell Lovett, no:

EB
Logan
Anybody associated with the Air Raid, or any variation thereof.
Jim McElwain
Food Cart
Ken Numitalolridinanddecidinlolo

Strong maybe (i.e. strike out on the yes list):

Calhoun
Harsin
Marv Lewis

Yes, please:

Billy Napier
Blake Anderson
Go poach the guy at Oregon State, Jonathon Smith
Justin Wilcox

Pie in the sky?

Matt Campbell

The caliber of candidate mentioned is making me deeply concerned
The only CU gets a superstar is to do what MSU did...be the higher paying John. CU isn't going to do that. So it is lightning in a bottle time. There just aren't that many people willing to jump ship like Smell Tucker.

Please, for the love of Russell Lovett, no:

EB
Logan
Anybody associated with the Air Raid, or any variation thereof.
Jim McElwain
Food Cart
Ken Numitalolridinanddecidinlolo

Strong maybe (i.e. strike out on the yes list):

Calhoun
Harsin
Marv Lewis

Yes, please:

Billy Napier
Blake Anderson
Go poach the guy at Oregon State, Jonathon Smith
Justin Wilcox

Pie in the sky?

Matt Campbell
Justin Wilcox and Campbell are the only ones on this list I would be good with. Marvin Lewis??? You're saying no to EB but yes to Marvin ****ing Lewis??

Coaching hires are always a crapshoot. We have a 50/50 chance of getting somebody as good or better than Tucker.

Let RG do his thing. He’s a well respected AD in a P5 conference with better resources than 90% of the schools out there. We have very good facilities. We have a lot going for us and it does no good to throw tantrums.

Justin Wilcox and Campbell are the only ones on this list I would be good with. Marvin Lewis??? You're saying no to EB but yes to Marvin ****ing Lewis??
On my list, Marv is no better than sixth, relax. EB has too much baggage. He was a disaster as OC here. Yes, he has gotten some great experience, but I would rather go in a different direction.

Urban with Chev promoted to OC (recruiting would actually improve over this past class), and the transfer portal might be quiet

What about Teford? Had a down year at Fresno State, but won 12 games last year and 10 the year before.

Back