What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kroll not seeking reelection!

Posting here since the BoR and the CU President ultimately dictate the support for athletics.

Long article in the Boulder Daily Camera about new president Todd Saliman and his focus and goals and not one mention of athletics. Not linking article because of no value here.

(an aside, more info on Heidi Ganahal who's on BoR and running as Republican for governor. What a MAGA (her description))

Last edited:
Posting here since the BoR and the CU President ultimately dictate the support for athletics.

Long article in the Boulder Daily Camera about new president Todd Saliman and his focus and goals and not one mention of athletics. Not linking article because of no value here.

(an aside, more info on Heidi Ganahal who's on BoR and running as Republican for governor. What a MAGA (her description)
I wonder how often any University Presidents make statements pertaining to athletic success. Honestly wondering. Saliman has been a pretty solid supporter of athletics and football specifically. Just not sure there’s going to be much said publicly about making it easier for athletes to get admitted, “new” (dumbed down) major options added, transfer requirements eased, etc.

I wonder how often any University Presidents make statements pertaining to athletic success. Honestly wondering. Saliman has been a pretty solid supporter of athletics and football specifically. Just not sure there’s going to be much said publicly about making it easier for athletes to get admitted, “new” (dumbed down) major options added, transfer requirements eased, etc.
I wonder too. But you know the presidents of Alabama, USC, Clemson, Michigan St, . . . will bring up football and athletics and their importance. Not saying I want CU to be like them, but former president Gee had a lot to say and influence on athletics.

(an aside, more info on Heidi Ganahal who's on BoR and running as Republican for governor. What a MAGA (her description))
I read the article you mention. It’s long on Saliman has great background for the job and claims he has vision, but stops short of sharing that vision. He does say he wants to make school more accessible and affordable, but seems be approaching it in a pragmatic way lacking any fire. He cites the decision to move freshmen engineering to willville which I think is a travesty. Besides that, that’s small thinking and minor tweaks, not a strategy guiding vision for leadership.

The first year, '72, I was part of the experiment of putting freshmen engineers together in Andrews (and Arnett?). My grades were the best then, but my socialization with people (girls !) was stifled being with other nerds.

I think a mistake to put all freshmen engineers in Will Ville. Isolating them in their geekdom and out away from the core campus and activities.

WTF?! When was this decided, and why??
About a month ago. I think it affects the class entering in fall of 2023. Why? Not sure. Some of the professors were pretty upset about it too. Supposedly they’re putting $5M in upgrades to make it better.

I think it’s a terrible idea for many reasons, but the biggest is that class work is isolating enough, the students should be integrated for social reasons.

About a month ago. I think it affects the class entering in fall of 2023. Why? Not sure. Some of the professors were pretty upset about it too. Supposedly they’re putting $5M in upgrades to make it better.

I think it’s a terrible idea for many reasons, but the biggest is that class work is isolating enough, the students should be integrated for social reasons.
I found the announcement. Can't see how that will benefit students being farther away from the EC, where they will interact the most and being away from others. It said that there will be non-engineering students in WillVill, but I don't think that makes up for now being "away" from campus. I was in the Quad, had friends in the Quad, Baker, Sewel, Libby, etc. I know the ones in WillVill didn't like to have to take the bus everyday. I only had to take it to get to my car when I had to work. I guess I will have to see how this works out. My oldest is a Freshman this year in high school and is likely to go to CU for engineering. Was kind of hoping he would experience the quad.

I found the announcement. Can't see how that will benefit students being farther away from the EC, where they will interact the most and being away from others. It said that there will be non-engineering students in WillVill, but I don't think that makes up for now being "away" from campus. I was in the Quad, had friends in the Quad, Baker, Sewel, Libby, etc. I know the ones in WillVill didn't like to have to take the bus everyday. I only had to take it to get to my car when I had to work. I guess I will have to see how this works out. My oldest is a Freshman this year in high school and is likely to go to CU for engineering. Was kind of hoping he would experience the quad.
I lived in the Ville for 3 years. Loved it. Although if there were social media back then, I probably would have suffered from debilitating FOMO.

Back