What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

A lot of government has a July-June fiscal. I believe that CU is close to that and defines on academic calendar because of revenues, non-tenured professor contracts, etc.
So this was a 2022-2023 fiscal year Howell is referring to? I would assume the vast majority of those donations came from December to June

Then yeah, Yak is probably correct on the majority. It will be wild to see what a full year of Prime looks like. Especially if we win

This surprised me. Rooney is responding to a Q as to whether CU might use it's improved financial position to start baseball/softball teams. I thought we started with a $25 M debt, from getting CP. Have things really turned around this much? Incredible.

Aug 18, 2023 3:40 PM
"I don't think there's any talk of that yet. Adding sports would mean adding facilities. I think they'll fix up Folsom before they add teams. Plus, Rick talked to me this summer about wanting to improve the tennis facility before his tenure is over. I think they'll invest the Prime windfall from within."

Is all of their white shorts that aren’t going to be worn anymore?
nervous side eye GIF by Big Brother Canada

This surprised me. Rooney is responding to a Q as to whether CU might use it's improved financial position to start baseball/softball teams. I thought we started with a $25 M debt, from getting CP. Have things really turned around this much? Incredible.

"I don't think there's any talk of that yet. Adding sports would mean adding facilities. I think they'll fix up Folsom before they add teams. Plus, Rick talked to me this summer about wanting to improve the tennis facility before his tenure is over. I think they'll invest the Prime windfall from within."
I'm biased, but I've always thought (read: wished) that if they're adding sports (both men's & women's) the most ideal would be men's/women's swimming and diving. If you have to invest in a new facility, then one 25 yd x 50 m pool with a diving well could serve both teams - as opposed to having to build 2 separate facilities. There's also the opportunity for additional revenue streams with building a natatorium from local residents buying memberships to club teams and championship meets, etc. Plus, in the late 70's CU was a decent swim team ... swimming at altitude is a HUGE competitive advantage.

I'm biased, but I've always thought (read: wished) that if they're adding sports (both men's & women's) the most ideal would be men's/women's swimming and diving. If you have to invest in a new facility, then one 25 yd x 50 m pool with a diving well could serve both teams - as opposed to having to build 2 separate facilities. There's also the opportunity for additional revenue streams with building a natatorium from local residents buying memberships to club teams and championship meets, etc. Plus, in the late 70's CU was a decent swim team ... swimming at altitude is a HUGE competitive advantage.
They were pretty good at baseball too. Especially when Roy Hobbs played here.

Confirmed: CU Baseball is back!

88584507951_media-01.jpg

Back