What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

I don’t see it that way. Nubs got unlucky when viska and Montez worked their asses off to get in sync. Nubs got unlucky when we picked up Roper to settle Jitterbug Montez down a bit. Nubs got unlucky when our line finally figured out how to give Montez some time. Nubs weren’t unlucky on that pass. They were out played on that pass.
;)

I don’t see it that way. Nubs got unlucky when viska and Montez worked their asses off to get in sync. Nubs got unlucky when we picked up Roper to settle Jitterbug Montez down a bit. Nubs got unlucky when our line finally figured out how to give Montez some time. Nubs weren’t unlucky on that pass. They were out played on that pass.

Yeah, DBT was being a smart ass.

But great post nonetheless.

i think we may seem some key guys play very little if at all.

we need a soft week. those cornholers laid some hurt. but, we won, they lost; **** them.
Agreed, that's a good thing too imho. Get another QB some reps. Actually, I'd probably play 3 qbs if possible. Defense definitely needs a lot of backups getting live reps.

So much fun when we get talent that is on par with the best programs and that is what we are starting to see. Are there holes, yep but players like Viska make football fun and exciting again. We have a legit squad this year.

AP18251766598448.jpg

The Solid Verbal gave Viska the vaunted “Dude Alert” on today’s podcast.

CU also got some good Reverbs. On the down side, they made fun of the CU fans who were crying for respect.

Laviska Shenault breaking out in a big way

Last season, Colorado wide receiver Laviska Shenault made seven total catches for the Buffs.
This year, he reached that mark by halftime of the Buffs’ season opener.
Now, just two games into the season, the sophomore has tallied 388 receiving yards on 21 catches, including the game-winning touchdown against Nebraska last weekend (while feeling a bit under the weather).
The catch was impressive and would secure the win for Colorado in a game in which it closed as a three-point underdog. Shenault’s 10 catches for 177 yards were a big reason the Buffaloes left Lincoln with a victory and are a clear indication of how far he has come.

In March, Shenault was awarded the team’s Dan Stavely Award, which is given to the most improved receiver during spring practice.
“Going into the spring, I just wanted to prove myself,” Shenault told The Athletic.
What exactly does that mean to the sophomore?
“It’s just me going out every play and showing the coaches what I can do and making sure (quarterback Steven) Montez and everyone on the team can trust me,” Shenault said.
And two games into the year, it’s not just his coaches and teammates to whom he has proved himself. Shenault seems to have believers all over the country.

Players Make Plays

There is a reason HCMM says that - what a great and true statement. At crunch time and a play needs to be made.

Good things happen when your team wins on a national TV during a prime time slot.

Also Laviska is a man among boys.

So how long be for the draft gurus update their boards and have Montez, Shenault, and Landman at or near the top of their position rankings?

Back