What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #16 (AP)/ #16 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #17 (AP)/ #25 (NET) Oregon (Eugene, Thurs., 2/13, 7:00 PM MT, ESPN)

Once again, the lack of an actual Pac-12 level #2 guard bites us in the ass. Parquet and Daniels were just plain awful ... again. When you have NOBODY that can penetrate and break down their trapping and double teaming defense, this is what happens. If our 3s stop falling, which they did, we’re toast. Gatling 30% from 3. How is it that EVERY other school can find a guy who knows how to drive and create, except us?

Must win vs a surging OSU now ... hopefully we remember we owe those ****ers and play like we did vs USC.
Redshirt freshman Barthelmy (sp) has supposedly been great in practice. Would you burn a red-shirt this late, if it meant a lot better chance winning the league title, going deeper in the tourney? I have never seen him play.

Redshirt freshman Barthelmy (sp) has supposedly been great in practice. Would you burn a red-shirt this late, if it meant a lot better chance winning the league title, going deeper in the tourney? I have never seen him play.
Definitely not, not worth the gamble. When this team is right, we're a Sweet 16 team, maybe better. So you have to hope that's who shows up when its critical down the stretch. We have all the tools except that one. Every team has a weakness ... our's just happens to be glaring and kinda unusual. Every team I've seen this year has at least 2 guards (if not 3-4) who looks like they played a lot of street/pickup hoops where its all about flash and handles and getting to the hoop. We don't ever seem to look for those guys. Tad looks solely for "system" guys. Sometimes you need some guys that can just ball out.

Definitely not, not worth the gamble. When this team is right, we're a Sweet 16 team, maybe better. So you have to hope that's who shows up when its critical down the stretch. We have all the tools except that one. Every team has a weakness ... our's just happens to be glaring and kinda unusual. Every team I've seen this year has at least 2 guards (if not 3-4) who looks like they played a lot of street/pickup hoops where its all about flash and handles and getting to the hoop. We don't ever seem to look for those guys. Tad looks solely for "system" guys. Sometimes you need some guys that can just ball out.
Tad is a nice guy and almost all his players are nice people. You can count the 'attitude' players he's had on 1 hand (Ski, Chen, Nate...) I'm okay with that.

I never expected us to win this game but of course I got a ton of hope when we went up by as much as 14 and were up 9 at the half. It all came crumbling down with the most turnovers since December and a poor shooting 2nd half. It's concerning that when different defenses get thrown at this team they look lost at times.

Tad is a nice guy and almost all his players are nice people. You can count the 'attitude' players he's had on 1 hand (Ski, Chen, Nate...) I'm okay with that.

I wouldn’t put Nate on that list. Nor Chen. I’d be putting some of the 2013 guys on there though. And players like Xavier Johnson.

I never expected us to win this game but of course I got a ton of hope when we went up by as much as 14 and were up 9 at the half. It all came crumbling down with the most turnovers since December and a poor shooting 2nd half. It's concerning that when different defenses get thrown at this team they look lost at times.
Oregon at home should beat CU. CU at home should beat Stanford. That’s what happened both games.

Holy **** can you shut the **** up about the multiple guards? You haven't stopped since the UCLA game about it. Do you know what four great ball handling guards gives you? 14 wins. I would rather take the 19 wins our ****ty guards have right now.

Back