What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #20/21 (AP/ Coaches)/ #20 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #38 (NET) USC (L.A., Saturday, 2/1, 8:30 PM MT, FS1)

This offense has been so good. Players moving without the ball, passes with a purpose, great spacing, ball movement, and no passing to players moving away from the arc. Players....please realize this offense leads to success and do it EVERY GAME
As sweet as today's offense is, don't forget their D effort is excellent today. You won't lose many games if you D up like this every game.

This offense has been so good. Players moving without the ball, passes with a purpose, great spacing, ball movement, and no passing to players moving away from the arc. Players....please realize this offense leads to success and do it EVERY GAME
I was amazed just how much Kin was working off the ball on offense up 21 with under a minute to play. That’s leadership.

Two signs I am happy to see today

1. Walton continues to be a meaningful bench players. His impact on the D is visible. Very nice to see. And how about that 3!
2. Eli is emerging to be a decent SG. Not awesome, but he deserves more time. Anyone who can play decent ball should take Kountz's time IMO.

That was a beat down. I loved the energy and the effort, even in the final minutes. You can tell that they don't like USC anymore than the fanbase does.

The team we saw today can win the conference and get to the sweet sixteen. That's how good we can be. But then again you have Thursday's team. It's all about which Buffs team shows up night in and night out.

Dallas is finally getting back to being a real contributor. I'm looking forward to him being out there against that skinny tall **** in Corvallis.

Buffs dominated and it felt like it should not have been that close.

Yeah, only complaint and it's petty is how many points we gave up in the last 5 or 6 minutes. Kinda belied the total defensive stranglehold we put on them most of the game.

17-5 (6-3).

Half game out of 1st behind Oregon - who we beat - and tied with USC - who we beat.

Now 4-2 in Quad 1 games.

Fun season so far.
So the crap scenario that nobody wanted win lose wise, How bad does UCLA hurt the Buffs? Does their win against the Buffs give them a big jump?

So the crap scenario that nobody wanted win lose wise, How bad does UCLA hurt the Buffs? Does their win against the Buffs give them a big jump?

The UCLA loss didn't kill us, but we have to stop losing to crap teams. For example, we have to win in Corvallis and Seattle to keep thinking of ourselves as a 6 seed or better. Probably Pullman, Berkeley, and SLC too.

Yes. Fly in the night before, party until and then through the game. You can rest up before Friday’s game.
Alas. In New Mexico for work the night before. Can’t fly out wed night. It has to be Thursday. But I like your thinking...

Anybody else in Vegas for the pac 12 Tourny?

No sweeping sc and ucla was the preferred preference for us. But to your point do you see much movement with the net or KenPom? I like hearing from you guys who follow those 2 rating sites.

UCLA is #116 NET. It's not too bad of a loss. Hell, if they turned a corner and play pretty well the rest of the way it's not out of the question that ends up being a Quad 1 loss (top 75 NET at their place). By the end of the season I believe our only real blemish will be Oregon State at home. They've fallen apart.

Entering today:
Kansas: #4 NET (road)
Northern Iowa: #44 NET (home)
Oregon State: #78 NET (home)
Arizona: #11 NET (road)
UCLA: #116 NET (road)

Ass kicking. Wasn’t as close as the 21 point final difference.
And consider that the Buffs started our the game going down 6-0.

Refs didn't let Battey play. Kountz continues in his funk. CU still dominated the game completely after the first couple minutes.

They needed this but it would have been nice if they had come out against UCLA with some of this energy.

It’s time for the haters that said we would lose to USC and we are no better than years past to stand up and admit that we are not like years past teams.
Yes we have had a couple bad nights (osu, UCLA), but in a 30 game schedule you are going to have that. We aren’t that good where we can expect to dominate every single game. Every team in the conference has had off nights.
What I love about this team is how it bounces back from adversity. After every loss, we seem to come back and take our will out on teams with a big win or another good run.
This team will probably have another bad performance or two, but in NO way shape or form is it just like years past teams. This is a team that will be in contention for the conference until the end and will still have a very good seeding in the Big Dance. It’s time for the haters and doubters to appreciate this years squad and realize how good they are!
Rah ra I told you so rant over, commence...
Go Buffs!!!

No sweeping sc and ucla was the preferred preference for us. But to your point do you see much movement with the net or KenPom? I like hearing from you guys who follow those 2 rating sites.
KenPom didn't love USC. They were #52 going in with CU at #26.

NET had us at #20 going in, with USC at #39.

Quad 1 win on NET (huge for our resume). We're in great shape.

Road blowout win on KenPom, which should move us up a good bit. I think we'd been as high as #17 there after the WA homestand, so this week probably drops us overall.

Dallas is finally getting back to being a real contributor. I'm looking forward to him being out there against that skinny tall **** in Corvallis.
Dallas looking better every game. Early in season he looked like a statue with no lateral movement. My gut tells me that he is going to be a vital guy late this season.

(sorry for the edits. It’s what happens when I try to post w/o glasses)

Back