What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - RV (AP poll)/ #22 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #81 (NET) OSU (Boulder, Sunday, 1/05, 4:00 PM MT, ESPNU)

**** off troll
His comment may not be phrased correctly but the sentiment isn't wrong. How can a team with this many experienced players not understand how to play against a half court 1 3 1 zone?? Only one way to explain it and that begins with a C and ends with an H. Being outscored by that team 26-5 down the stretch is a joke and the fact all 5 of your points came off of loose ball slop? Means your offensive design got shut out. No Tad shouldn't be fired but he SHOULD be criticized as harshly for this choke job as he was praised for the win over Oregon.

it's just one issue really, lack of primary ball handlers. All other issues comes from it.

We need to step up in the recruiting result. Period.

But hey, we knew before the season we are going to lose some games we are not supposed to lose due to guard play. So it's not really surprising. It's just disappointing that it costs us a home game.,

Their length was definitely a problem with that zone, too. We didn't attack it very well, though.

Last edited:
it's just one issue really, lack of primary ball handlers. All other issues comes from it.

We need to step up in the recruiting result. Period.

But hey, we knew before the season we are going to lose some games we are not supposed to lose due to guard play. So it's not really surprising. It's just disappointing that it costs us a home game.,
Disappointing because it shouldn’t be too much to ask to have more than one guy who can handle the ball. 6’7” wings are great and all and we’ve had success with this strategy but it’s maddening how PG and ball handling skills are seemingly overlooked every year

This is so frustrating. How the FUK can you not adjust to the 1-3-1 and why does Wright pick up his dribble so fast?... Classic CU and Tad. Take two steps forward and five back.
This team needs to find consistency and some mother-effen leadership!
It starts with the head coach!!

Fbcking turtled like they had never seen a press before. Shameful last 8 minutes. I’m so pissed right now.
You and Snow said turtled, I said flustered, turtled is probably better. You're definitely right about seeing a press, they looked ****ing clueless.

Up 11 with under 8 minutes. Lost by 8..

Defense collapsed. When do ever even give up 19 points in 8 minutes?

Offense was pathetic. Tinkle threw a desperation junk defense at us. Couldn’t handle the press and then completely collapsed against a damn 1-3-1, which is the easiest zone to destroy.

Kin with 4 turnovers in the final 4 1/2 minutes.

I am so angry right now.

I’m not one in the fire Tad camp - far from it - but it’s hard to ignore, IMO, two glaring and perpetual issues with his teams: lack of primary ball handlers and the inability to deal with a zone. Outside of McKinley Wright, there is no one on this team who is able to break down a defense or handle the point. God forbid something happened to him or we’d really be screwed.
He was awful down the stretch tonight ... but if we didn't have him, we'd be hard pressed to make the NIT.

His comment may not be phrased correctly but the sentiment isn't wrong. How can a team with this many experienced players not understand how to play against a half court 1 3 1 zone?? Only one way to explain it and that begins with a C and ends with an H. Being outscored by that team 26-5 down the stretch is a joke and the fact all 5 of your points came off of loose ball slop? Means your offensive design got shut out. No Tad shouldn't be fired but he SHOULD be criticized as harshly for this choke job as he was praised for the win over Oregon.
We beat Oregon mainly cuz Oregon missed a **** TON of open 3s.

Up 11 with under 8 minutes. Lost by 8..

Defense collapsed. When do ever even give up 19 points in 8 minutes?

Offense was pathetic. Tinkle threw a desperation junk defense at us. Couldn’t handle the press and then completely collapsed against a damn 1-3-1, which is the easiest zone to destroy.

Kin with 4 turnovers in the final 4 1/2 minutes.

I am so angry right now.
I still don't know why he kept dribbling into it. Back up and read it, and the other guys need to move, quit watching.

He was awful down the stretch tonight ... but if we didn't have him, we'd be hard pressed to make the NIT.
Yeah I’m hesitant to be too hard on him though because I think the lack of other ball handlers puts a lot of pressure on him when teams get aggressive. They threw the press out and he was basically left to break it himself since no one else can dribble and they all just stood around waiting for him to bring it up. Kountz in particular was horrendous tonight and dribbled it off his own leg twice iirc. Inexcusable for a guard and especially one that was a starter at one point

Someone forgot to tell OSU they were supposed to lose.

Tad was outcoached tonight. This loss is 100% on him.

Its only Jan. 5th, plenty of ball to play still. Hopefully tonight will be a strong lesson learned.
Some goes on the players too. How would 95/5 strike ya? :D

Yeah I’m hesitant to be too hard on him though because I think the lack of other ball handlers puts a lot of pressure on him when teams get aggressive. They threw the press out and he was basically left to break it himself since no one else can dribble and they all just stood around waiting for him to bring it up. Kountz in particular was horrendous tonight and dribbled it off his own leg twice iirc. Inexcusable for a guard and especially one that was a starter at one point
If you know what you're doing, you break that press and a fvcking 1-3-1 without the ball ever bouncing on the court.

My gawd, I was watching the OSU defense extend with 3 guys outside the 3pt line -- leaving Thompson guarding Battey in the post but we never threw it into the post.

1-3-1 is simple to beat. Get it into the post. If the defense doesn't collapse, it's a layup. If it does, you kick it out for an uncontested corner 3. This is high school level basketball IQ.

So bad.

If you know what you're doing, you break that press and a fvcking 1-3-1 without the ball ever bouncing on the court.

My gawd, I was watching the OSU defense extend with 3 guys outside the 3pt line -- leaving Thompson guarding Battey in the post but we never threw it into the post.

1-3-1 is simple to beat. Get it into the post. If the defense doesn't collapse, it's a layup. If it does, you kick it out for an uncontested corner 3. This is high school level basketball IQ.

So bad.
Yeah coaching also a big issue. The whole team just looked shell shocked.

So bad.
Thank you! :D

I'd also like to throw some blame on tad for not changing ball handlers - the others may not be great, but kin obviously wasnt getting it done, yet he was the only one to ever touch the ball.

Are you trying to say they beat Oregon because of the luck? If so, that's a really bad take. They beat Oregon because of the elite level defense.
I’m saying that Oregon shoots 40% from 3 as a team. They shot 17% against us. Yes, we played good defense (and of course other factors) but if you watch the game, especially first half, they clanked several basically uncontested 3s. If they just shoot 30% from 3, they win.

Back