What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

It's in the article MarkW posted, but deserves emphasis. You don't hear Tad talking this way too often. 7', right next to Evan.

"Lawson Lovering is a little bit further along in the process of being an impact player than I originally maybe thought," Boyle said. "I wasn't sure where he would be physically when he got here. He still obviously has a lot of room to grow in terms of his strength level and his weight, but what I have found in the early (going) being around him, he is extremely coachable. He is extremely bright. High basketball IQ.

"Lawson's the kind of player that you tell him something once and he does it. You don't have to tell him again. That's very rare. There are a lot of guys you (have to repeatedly) say, 'Do this.' You just tell Lawson once and he gets it done. He is going to be a terrific, terrific player at Colorado. I think he can definitely help us this year."
Just FYI, cu2x, I didn't post the content to help Adam drive traffic to his site. The article is free, but may cause people to poke around and see what else is going on over there.

I'd considering this a no harm/no foul scenario, but Adam is a friend to us here and he does make a living on the content that is premium over there.

I hope that helps you understand my thought process.

Luv CU getting visit from maybe the top passer in ‘22- point guard Avery Brown- tomorrow, after offering 6’6 combo guard-Chancellor White- yesterday! Take both!

CU has also had some interest in 6’6 combo guard/wings JJ Hunter, Chris Dockery, & Kendal Johnson.

Maybe Tad rolls with bigs he has, or only recruits another ‘22 big if Walker leaves early? But seems like Jasen Green, Pharrell Payne, Joshua Jefferson, Aaron Price are big/wings closest to CU offers?

Just FYI, cu2x, I didn't post the content to help Adam drive traffic to his site. The article is free, but may cause people to poke around and see what else is going on over there.

I'd considering this a no harm/no foul scenario, but Adam is a friend to us here and he does make a living on the content that is premium over there.

I sure don't want to hurt his biz, he does good work. I figured since MarkW and you already posted his link, the 2 posts before mine, the attribution would be clear. You both posted the article and I put emphasis on 2 paragraphs. I'll include Adam's name next time

Go Buffs. This should be a great team.

Last edited:
This sucks. We need him healthy in time to build chemistry.

Do they like Lovering enough to not at least sniff around Kofi Cockburn? He entered the transfer portal today but is keeping his name in the draft (haven't seen a mock that has him in the first round so I think he'll take his name out at some point).

Do they like Lovering enough to not at least sniff around Kofi Cockburn? He entered the transfer portal today but is keeping his name in the draft (haven't seen a mock that has him in the first round so I think he'll take his name out at some point).
I don't see how Cockburn's stock ever gets any higher than it is now. He may transfer, but I'd be surprised if he didn't pursue a professional career now. His game would have made him some big money 20 years ago.

I don't see how Cockburn's stock ever gets any higher than it is now. He may transfer, but I'd be surprised if he didn't pursue a professional career now. His game would have made him some big money 20 years ago.

If he's not a first round NBA draft pick he shouldn't declare for the draft. Lack of guaranteed money.

If he's not a first round NBA draft pick he shouldn't declare for the draft. Lack of guaranteed money.
So, he should just play two more years of college ball now, rather than potentially playing for money somewhere outside of the NBA? You make it sound like it's NBA or bust, when his game will never translate to today's NBA.

So, he should just play two more years of college ball now, rather than potentially playing for money somewhere outside of the NBA? You make it sound like it's NBA or bust, when his game will never translate to today's NBA.

Only takes one coach to believe he knows how to use Cockburn.

Only takes one coach to believe he knows how to use Cockburn.
Your argument a second ago was that he should go back to school to get a guaranteed contract. What 99 has pointed out is that won’t happen even if he goes to school. What current NBA player does the 6’11 280 cockburn remind you of? Even demarcus cousins can shoot the 3 and he’s a end of bench role player now. Cockburn can’t even do that.

Your argument a second ago was that he should go back to school to get a guaranteed contract. What 99 has pointed out is that won’t happen even if he goes to school. What current NBA player does the 6’11 280 cockburn remind you of? Even demarcus cousins can shoot the 3 and he’s a end of bench role player now. Cockburn can’t even do that.

Mason Plumlee for one. Cockburn is at worst a quality backup big man. Boogie is what he is because of his injury history. KC will be fine-but yes, if I were him, I would play another year of college basketball so I can become a better shooter.

I love Cockburn. But in today's game, his upside is being a Drummond.

The longer you stay in college, the lower your stock goes. If Cockburn isn't getting bites now, he won't next year either. He should go.

I'm not convinced Buffs need another big body, unless it's for protection from injury this year. Or to create more size at other positions. Both of which have advantages.

If they got another big body, who earned minutes, it would probably push da Silva back to wing with Allen. And either push Luke O-Brien to 2 guard or off depth chart. O'Brien shooting way too well in practice for Tad not to give him a shot at rotation minutes. This assumes Allen and O'Brien show enough D to earn rotation minutes.

Seems like I say this every year, but it seems particularly true this year: it’s going to be hard finding enough minutes to go around.

Seems like I say this every year, but it seems particularly true this year: it’s going to be hard finding enough minutes to go around.
Coach K gets his rotation down to 7 or 8 by tourney time.

Nova leaves open scholarships and redshirts guys who don't make the primary rotation as freshmen.

The next evolution from not having guys who suck being on scholarship at CU is getting to a level where non-lottery talented players are willing to wait their turn.

Super excited about this team!

Sports Illustrated’s advanced metrics rated Tad Boyle #1 coach in getting lowered ranked guys to NBA years ago. I’m sure he’s still up there since White and Bey. More recently, Tad espouses how he gets the most guys to pros, including over-seas.

Feels like recruits finally recognizing CU is elite development program (even if fan base doesn’t seem to). Tad’s program on the verge of becoming perennial preseason top-25? We may need couple more years of finishing season in top-25, before then?

I really hope Tad taking so much time to hire new player-development coach, means he’s got someone great in mind. My hope for Jamar Mosley may be a pipe-dream- since he’s interviewing for NBA head-coaching positions. But that would be seriously elite player-development add!

It does feel like Tad on the verge of the kind of core strong “program” he wants. Curious to see if he can get them to both play D at the same level he wants AND to use mile-high constant-attack “take the first GOOD shot O. If so, look-out! Sweet-16 & beyond may become yearly goal!

Program strength allows Tad to focus on making yearly adjustments to team make-up w/ recruiting and maybe some (probably always minimal) transfers. Guys may be more willing to redshirt to be part of that success! But I think he will always stay true to D, Rbding, taking care of the ball, and elite player-development for pros.

Go BUFFS!

All good news for the pac-12 in terms of player retention from the last day to withdrawal from the draft:

UCLA: Cody Riley and Johnny Juzang pulled out of draft, they return everyone and add 5 star Peyton Watson who made the U19 team that Jabari didn't and Myles Johnson and good rim protecting transfer from Rutgers. They will be a top 5 team nationally!

USC: Got Isaih Mobley to withdrawl, he was performing well in predraft combines were his stock rose. Will be a tourney team again.

ASU: Surprise of the day was that Marcus Bagley pulled out of the draft, he was in the transfer portal, but decided to return to ASU. Which should make them more competitive

Kevin O'Banor withdrew from the draft, but seemingly made it clear he's going to transfer to a major conference program. I have to say I'd kill for him.

For anyone who doesn't remember, 6'8" forward from Oral Robert's who shoots nearly 50% from 3 and is also outstanding inside.

Kevin O'Banor withdrew from the draft, but seemingly made it clear he's going to transfer to a major conference program. I have to say I'd kill for him.

For anyone who doesn't remember, 6'8" forward from Oral Robert's who shoots nearly 50% from 3 and is also outstanding inside.

I thought I heard that he announced he was going back to ORU.

Back