What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the Neb game my biggest concern is defending talented, physical posts. When Lovering is out of the game da Silva will be defending the post player. Next in line will most likely be LOB. Hurlburt isn't ready yet. Lovering and da Silva need to stay healthy and out of foul trouble.

After watching the Neb game my biggest concern is defending talented, physical posts. When Lovering is out of the game da Silva will be defending the post player. Next in line will most likely be LOB. Hurlburt isn't ready yet. Lovering and da Silva need to stay healthy and out of foul trouble.
I feel like I've said this a million times, but there just aren't very many talented physical posts in college basketball. Those guys are pretty much all in the NBA already. It could be a problem against Arizona and UCLA, you're going to have enough problems against those programs anyway. Tennessee might have guys like that too, I don't know what kind of team they have coming back, but if you remember last year they destroyed us with their guard play.

I hope that having difficulty matching up with big teams that run their offenses through the blocks is our only significant hole this year.

If that's the case, we'll be Dancing.

My biggest concern is actually FT Rate. Will this team be able to get to the charity stripe with regularity? It's a big key to winning and is usually a strength of Tad's teams. I'm not sure I see it with this group.

I feel like I've said this a million times, but there just aren't very many talented physical posts in college basketball. Those guys are pretty much all in the NBA already. It could be a problem against Arizona and UCLA, you're going to have enough problems against those programs anyway. Tennessee might have guys like that too, I don't know what kind of team they have coming back, but if you remember last year they destroyed us with their guard play.
Agreed. Adding to this point, I’d trade 2s for 3s any day or the week. Guards win in college bball. Let their post go for 25. We still need to rebound though. If we hit 3s and make free throws we win. That’s why St. Peter’s beat Kentucky in March. Kentucky had a 6’10 national player of the year, St Peters tallest player was 6’7.

Agreed. Adding to this point, I’d trade 2s for 3s any day or the week. Guards win in college bball. Let their post go for 25. We still need to rebound though. If we hit 3s and make free throws we win. That’s why St. Peter’s beat Kentucky in March. Kentucky had a 6’10 national player of the year, St Peters tallest player was 6’7.
Small gripe, but Tshiebwe is probably more like 6'8"

Didn't know the best thread for this, so here I'll put it here:

This is what should be done for a CO Holiday Ball round robin tournament every year event. It's hard to schedule the last week of December. So if we did CU, CSU, DU & UNC (non-conference games for everyone) with the finale being the CU-CSU game at that time with some of the proceeds contributing to NIL it would do so much good. Ideally it would go down as 3 neutral court games to best support the Dance selection math.

Edit: and if those other schools didn't want to do it within the framework that works for CU, I don't think it would be all that difficult to get out of state participants. Frankly, bringing in - for example - Nebraska or Creighton, KSU or KU or Wichita State, and UNM or WYO to the Pepsi Center would be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back