What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll consider it a huge win on Lovering this year if he can play plus defense while staying out of foul trouble and being net positive on the glass.

We don't need him to be a scorer. We've got plenty of guys who can get us buckets. His role this year to most impact our success is post defense. Only guy on our roster who can bring that.

Perusing the different web site’s predictions, they have CU in the middle of the pack. They all site CU’s losses of Evan, Jabari, Kee and Eli. On the pro side they mention Tristan, KJ and Julian. There is some mention of our two grad transfers. But none that I saw even mentioned Quincy Allen.

I’m not all that knowledgeable, but I thought QA was a Top 100 kid coming out of HS. Am I incorrect in assuming he will be a big contributor this year? And do I have any reason to believe CU will be better than most predict?

Last edited:
CU fans were so spoiled by Josh Scott it's not even funny. Not only was he an amazing player and a good dude, but he was the rare freshman big that came in and contributed from day one. Most of these guys are gonna take 1-2 years to produce. It's a whole other level in college for bigs. I remember being stunned at the difference between high school ball and AAU ball and I grew up in a small area that had no talent what-so-ever. And I sucked! I can't imagine the difference between high school (especially in WY or ND) and the Pac-12.

I want to see flashes from Lovering this year. That's all I'm asking. Next year I expect him to contribute hardcore.
He had turned a bit of a corner last year right before his injury. I do believe he was on his way to a 5ppg/4rpg year as a Frosh. No reason to say he can't be that this season.

It’s 10:27, Wednesday and FYI, Tad is going to be coming up on Pac 12 Media Day on ESPNU shortly.

It’s 10:27, Wednesday and FYI, Tad is going to be coming up on Pac 12 Media Day on ESPNU shortly.
Not much. He was on with the Utah coach. They asked him about passing Sox as the all time win leader at CU (He is 6 away) and, of course, he was very humble and didn’t really want to talk about it (It’s not my style).

I'm sure they reloaded but didn't UCLA lose the veteran stars to the draft?
Every team in the PAC except Stanford and Utah lost at least 3 of their top 5 scorers from last season. UCLA just happens to return 2 potential All Americans.

Haase hasn't proven he can win anything even with some talent recently and Utah roster doesn't have a ton of high end talent.

Every team in the PAC except Stanford and Utah lost at least 3 of their top 5 scorers from last season. UCLA just happens to return 2 potential All Americans.

Haase hasn't proven he can win anything even with some talent recently and Utah roster doesn't have a ton of high end talent.
To me it looks like not all talents are talents. Some players are called talent, but that's just a title.

I wonder what Tad is reffering to; his mindset/attitude? If LL can bring it this year, it would be great. This sounds wonderful. Tad on LL yesterday:

"He's a unique player and somebody who's different from anyone in our program," Boyle said. " He's much improved, much more confident, big and strong."

Sunday afternoon there is a 4:00 scrimmage against nebraska. That should be fun.

Last edited:
This is going to be an interesting team. There will shooters everywhere. If we can hold our own in the paint things will get more than interesting.
for BIGEZ
OT: I listened to the Liston fights and grew up following Ali. If you haven't seen it, there is a book called "Ali", by Jonathan Eig. One of the best, most entertaining books I've ever read - and I read a lot.

While we’re here and the thread is active, there are still a lot of tickets available for the exhibition game against Nebraska on Sunday 10/30 at 4pm. Proceeds go to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund to benefit Marshall Fire survivors. Good chance to see the team against some outside competition before the season starts the following week on 11/7. It’s not November yet, but it’s ALMOST FINALLY NOVEMBER.
What section are some of y’all gonna be in for the exhibition, might be heading up?

The talent level of the second group is significantly better. The consistent effort level of the first group is significantly better. KJ and Ski I think are pretty much a wash, this comment doesn't really apply to them.
KJ and Ski ? Not in terms of dealing with gurl-fren spats, it ain't!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back