What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking for Used Mountian Bike

My birthday always falls within a day or two or Thanksgiving. Celebrating your birthday with leftover Thanksgiving pumpkin pie is the most Gen X thing ever.
You get leftover turkey every year and people not making a fuss over your bday? Sounds dreamy.

Mine is Dec 28. Growing up, I got lots and lots of 'this is your Christmas AND birthday present'. I'm totally not bitter about it. The year my birthday got forgotten, we had family in town and we were all up skiing. Not even so much as a 'happy birthday' from mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts or uncles.
When did they realize they forgot?

My parents realized the very next morning. My birthday sometimes falls on Labor Day. The year they forgot, my birthday fell on the Sunday before Labor Day. According to them, they thought the entire week that my birthday was on Labor Day. They didn't realize that was incorrect until they saw "September 3" on the newspaper the following morning.

I remember the whole day thinking at any moment they would spring out and yell, "Surprise! You really thought we forgot your birthday, didn't you!?!" Then dinner passed. Then it was 8 o'clock. Then they went to bed.

When did they realize they forgot?

My parents realized the very next morning. My birthday sometimes falls on Labor Day. The year they forgot, my birthday fell on the Sunday before Labor Day. According to them, they thought the entire week that my birthday was on Labor Day. They didn't realize that was incorrect until they saw "September 3" on the newspaper the following morning.

I remember the whole day thinking at any moment they would spring out and yell, "Surprise! You really thought we forgot your birthday, didn't you!?!" Then dinner passed. Then it was 8 o'clock. Then they went to bed.
The next day my mom acknowledged it. Never got a party that year, though.

The funny part is that both my parents deny that it ever happened now. They've wiped it from their memories. I still recall it vividly, 30+ years later. Sitting on the chairlift with my cousins stewing that nobody knew it was my birthday.

I never had my birthday forgotten, but I spent summers growing up at my grandparent's farm in Kentucky.

Every celebration was the exact same celebration with the exact same menu at the local park (Abraham Lincoln's Homestead State Park 5 miles away) with my sister, my grandparents, and my grandfather's brother with his wife.

I was a kid and that **** got really old. I even remember overhearing my Great Uncle bitching about the fact he had to attend one year.

I loved spending summers at my grandparent's horse farm. Those are memories I will treasure the rest of my life. But having a summer bday was most definitely a downside.

Last edited:
Back