What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lytle Gone

I say if your too much of a p8ssy to get into the starting line up...good riddance. Dont care about how many stars you had out of HS. If you don't perform when given opportunity, f8ck you the pine is over there. as SouthWest Airlines says when you exit....Buh Bye.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

I say if your too much of a p8ssy to get into the starting line up...good riddance. Dont care about how many stars you had out of HS. If you don't perform when given opportunity, f8ck you the pine is over there. as SouthWest Airlines says when you exit....Buh Bye.

**** you and more posters need to neg rep this ****.

Dude, I am assuming you had a rough day because this is really out of line. Not sure what would even trigger this kind of response but I hope today is better for you and if not that you seek out some help.

If we're honest, there probably wasn't a path forward here for Tyler. His lack of PT this year tells me the competition probably wasn't as close as KD and staff were saying it was. If Noyer is back, Lewis probably backs him up. If Noyer moves on, its probably Lewis vs. a grad transfer (same line of thinking as the Broncos-you're looking for a guy who can compete to be the starter in camp but is okay with mentoring BL if he gets beat out. Jack Coan?)

Sad it didn't work for TL here, but I wish him all the best moving forward.

It is weird how it worked out for him. Would have thought this was his year with the speed and talent we have at receiver and the check downs at tight end. Noyer telegraphs his throws but overcomes with ability to scramble. If He couldn’t get on the field this year, moving on is probably the right thing for him.

I dont understand the hostility to these situations. These kids are recruited in the middle of high school, some have high expectations that dont work out, some do better in college than expected. If you are in Lytle's shoes, you are sitting behind Noyer this year (maybe next), know what Lewis is doing at practice, and likely knows he is behind him too, so why not go somewhere they can play?

I dont know about you guys, but I dont blame him at all, and neither should the coaches.

I view it as similar to Daylen Kountz, who if I am reading between the lines, I think Tad helped him transfer to UNC. Asked him what he wanted, he clearly wanted to play more, but was sitting behind too many people at CU, so went somewhere he could play.
It isn't as if Lytle is leaving them in a tough situation. In some ways he is doing the Buffs a favor stepping aside for a younger player and freeing up a scholarship that can be used for another player.

KD commented on it the other day and specifically stated that he had discussed the situation with Lytle. Based on his comments it certainly sounds like he is leaving on good terms with his coach and I would assume his teammates.

Fwiw most of his recent Twitter follows are FCS coaches
Unfortunately, he has basically no tape at all. He's not going to get promised anything at the D1 level (G5), unless someone is desperate because of other transfers/injuries. I am sure he will get a lot of opportunities at FCS and DII level to start though.

This whole thing is pretty easy to follow.
1. Lytle fairly publicly made it known that if he was not named the starter in spring 2020, he would transfer (and not in a bad way, more of “I want to play” way)
2. Spring ball was cancelled, eliminating the opportunity to see if he would be named starter or not, so he went into fall camp as a candidate to start
3. Noyer was named starter, so he rode out this year without losing any eligibility for 2020
4. Lytle still wants to play, so he gets his degree, and will likely get a shot at FCS where he can possibly play and get a masters degree

There is nothing to be shocked or upset about. All parties have acted fine. Lytle wants to play, and will transfer for his last year for that opportunity. I hope he lands some where and does well.

So at least 26 D1 programs failed to see this kid was not very good... sort of laughable. There are so many examples of kids being in the wrong program and having high success once moved on. Lets wish the kid the best. This is sort of embarrassing bashing a kid that's no longer here. I am confident in fact I know recruit parents read this board. easy access and free. 4 OC and QB coaching changes hampers development believe it or n ot. If Lewis was ready he would have been the guy. Let that poor kid develop prior to tossing him under the bus. Many of the same bashers said Montez could not and should not ever play here... WRONG... now on a active NFL roster. So many super genius football guys on the board LMFAO!

So at least 26 D1 programs failed to see this kid was not very good... sort of laughable. There are so many examples of kids being in the wrong program and having high success once moved on. Lets wish the kid the best. This is sort of embarrassing bashing a kid that's no longer here. I am confident in fact I know recruit parents read this board. easy access and free. 4 OC and QB coaching changes hampers development believe it or n ot. If Lewis was ready he would have been the guy. Let that poor kid develop prior to tossing him under the bus. Many of the same bashers said Montez could not and should not ever play here... WRONG... now on a active NFL roster. So many super genius football guys on the board LMFAO!
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel I have been taught a lesson I won't soon forget.

Good luck Tyler.

Last edited:
Back