What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lytle Gone

You are out of your depth in this conversation. Just call it a night and come back the next time something bad happens with the Buffs.
You're right.

We did everything right today.

"Chev" called himself a perfect game.

Joe davis should get the heisman, any team would love to have him.

I feel like we were watching different games. Lytle was 2/5 for 9 yards but you keep talking about how good he was playing. He played 4 snaps when Noyer first went out, that’s it.
When he went in for Noyer, he led us to 2 first downs, was 1/1 and had a 15 yd run. Immediately benched for broken Noyer, who proceeded to go 0/3 and end the drive, then go 0/3 and end another drive and the game.

Once they were down 17 and there was 2 mins left - john elway wasn't going to win the game.

When he went in for Noyer, he led us to 2 first downs, was 1/1 and had a 15 yd run. Immediately benched for broken Noyer, who proceeded to go 0/3 and end the drive, then go 0/3 and end another drive and the game.

Once they were down 17 and there was 2 mins left - john elway wasn't going to win the game.
1/1 for 4 yards!!!! Holy s**t, why hasn’t he been starting all season?? When you say he “lead” us to 2 first downs, the first came on consecutive Broussard runs. The other guy “lead” us to 4-0 so if docs checked him out and he said he’s good to go, I’m totally fine sticking with him. Lytle has never shown he can lead this team or run this offense effectively including today.

1/1 for 4 yards!!!! Holy s**t, why hasn’t he been starting all season?? When you say he “lead” us to 2 first downs, the first came on consecutive Broussard runs. The other guy “lead” us to 4-0 so if docs checked him out and he said he’s good to go, I’m totally fine sticking with him. Lytle has never shown he can lead this team or run this offense effectively including today.
4 yds was more than Noyer threw THE REST OF THE GAME.

HE WASN'T OK TO COME BACK - IT'S NOT THAT ****ING HARD TO SEE.

I’m stunned they didn’t put him in when it was obvious Noyer’s shoulder was hurt. I don’t blame him.
The timing shouldn't be a surprise. KD didn't trust him to play better than a guy who was clearly injured. Bad coaching, major disrespect

AllBuffs before the season- “Hagan isn’t pulling his weight in recruiting! He needs to land better backs! RB is a weakness for us!”

AllBuffs today- “There are too many RBs to choose from and I’m afraid we’re going to lose a combination of the three Uber talented underclassman backs we have on the team! This is Hagan’s fault!!”

Neither one of those 2 should even be in the conversation. Nor should either of them ever entered them game.
That’s on DH, not Chev, right? And I don’t get it. It’s obvious to all of us that two difference makers are Brou and Clayton. Mang and Davis need a big hole to be effective. And will never be as effective as Clayton with a big hole. No clue why with the game on the line you have JAGs playing.

Someone enlighten me. Just because he has entered the portal doesn’t mean he can’t play next week correct. I don’t really care if he does I’m just curious.

AllBuffs before the season- “Hagan isn’t pulling his weight in recruiting! He needs to land better backs! RB is a weakness for us!”

AllBuffs today- “There are too many RBs to choose from and I’m afraid we’re going to lose a combination of the three Uber talented underclassman backs we have on the team! This is Hagan’s fault!!”

I think it is a valid concern that Clayton will bounce this offseason. He would be a pretty big loss.

4 yds was more than Noyer threw THE REST OF THE GAME.

HE WASN'T OK TO COME BACK - IT'S NOT THAT ****ING HARD TO SEE.
It sure is easy once the game is over to act like the coaches should have known Noyer would struggle after going back in. Never mind we were down late in the 4th and were forced to throw the ball.

You sure are upset about the coaches sticking with the guy who lead this team to a 4-0 start over someone who had 8 passing attempts his entire career going into yesterday and finished 2/5 for 9 yards.

Right.

After Lytle came back in (after his ONE complete swing pass), his passes weren’t just incomplete they were atrocious. Into the ground 10 feet in front of receivers, like he didn’t have a hold on the ball when he threw it. So he successfully ran a QB draw for a first down?

The cupboard has been so bare at QB here for so long. The best we’ve graduated as 3-4 year starters are UDFAs who quickly fall off the practice squad (after horrible all-star game/practice performances); yes I’m presuming Montez’ fate.

Overall, our first string team can, at least, compete with most teams, and we have some really good players, but our second string is not close: we need depth and a real QB. At least we finally have a winning season to work with going forward.

Lytle’s fate was sealed once Noyer was named QB1. After Noyer went into the portal, and Lewis was deemed too green to be considered QB1, Lytle seemed to have interest in taking on the role of leader...sudden exit of Tucker, HCKD comes in, and yet another QB coach comes in. COVID strikes, no spring ball, and Noyer comes back. All part of the recipe for this announcement.

hopefully this is also a sign of Lewis’ progress and commitment to this team.

I think it is a valid concern that Clayton will bounce this offseason. He would be a pretty big loss.
Agreed. But skill position players transfer from schools all the time if they feel like they’re not going to get the ball due to someone in front of them. It would be great for us to keep him in the stable of backs, but I don’t see this as a CU specific issue.
The lone change I would make is not playing Joe Davis so many snaps. But even if Clayton were getting those extra 3 snaps per game, I don’t see those snaps satiating Clayton. I believe we would still be in the same boat with him.

Agreed. But skill position players transfer from schools all the time if they feel like they’re not going to get the ball due to someone in front of them. It would be great for us to keep him in the stable of backs, but I don’t see this as a CU specific issue.
The lone change I would make is not playing Joe Davis so many snaps. But even if Clayton were getting those extra 3 snaps per game, I don’t see those snaps satiating Clayton. I believe we would still be in the same boat with him.

Hard to know, but it certainly does not help at all. One thing to be losing carries to Broussard, but Davis? That is a coaching issue for a team which showed yesterday its margin for error still remains pretty small given years of below average recruiting.

Extra credit for the word: "satiating".

Hard to know, but it certainly does not help at all. One thing to be losing carries to Broussard, but Davis? That is a coaching issue for a team which showed yesterday its margin for error still remains pretty small given years of below average recruiting.
A week after where Hagan said Clayton will be a great one-two punch with Brou. Seems to be some massive mixed signals going on with Hagan. I can completely understand the frustration there.

Although I hate the saying, it's true..."It is what it is" and not much we can do about it.

A Frosh missing home in a year where the college experience has been ruined? Yea, that's not surprising.
It's the fact he chose to screen shot the reply from the AZ guy and put it into his instagram stories. I'm just saying, it wouldn't shock me if either of them left.

Has to be not a lot of fun leaving home, then having to isolate to protect the team. None of the college fun you would have in a normal year.

A Frosh missing home in a year where the college experience has been ruined? Yea, that's not surprising.

So true. It is a horrible boring experience at almost every major college campus. ASU has been virtual as has UofA. Some states allow more for sure but there is not a normal experience for any college frosh

I hope Clayton doesn't, think he would be one of the better backs we've had at CU.
In nearly any other scenario, yes I think he would be. But I think people are overlooking the ridiculous numbers Broussard was putting up this year. He had more yards through 4 games than any CU running back EVER. That includes a Heisman trophy winner and some all-time greats. I don't foresee Clayton being the #1 until he would be a junior/senior here if he stayed because Brou is only a Soph. We all want him to stay but him leaving wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Back