What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

Screw academics and the business of heading a university system! I want a replacement who values athletics, not another Betsy Hoffman. There is a reason this thread is in the Football Forum.

Screw academics and the business of heading a university system! I want a replacement who values athletics, not another Betsy Hoffman. There is a reason this thread is in the Football Forum.

Yes-until 80,000 people show up to watch a Chemistry test........this is a huge deal. Gotta have another pro-athletics president, and I wouldn't mind that person showing Phil DiStefano the door. Successful athletics=free advertising for the university.

Successful athletics=free advertising for the university.
I would seriously like to hear someone like DiStefano or new Prez candidates respond to this topic and the overwhelming evidence that suggests top notch athletics is really good for the entire university.

I would seriously like to hear someone like DiStefano or new Prez candidates respond to this topic and the overwhelming evidence that suggests top notch athletics is really good for the entire university.

I'd like to see one of us debate a guy like Kroll on that topic lol.....when is that fool up for re-election?

All we want for Christmas is another Gordon Gee. A President that values athletics and academics.

Yes, that's been brought up before, but the bull**** he ran for Regent on was very much based on an anti-athletic attitude, even though he was factually incorrect about how things in the AD get paid for.
When it comes to politicians campaign speeches are less important than actions.

Let’s face it all you liberals, you. When it comes to president of the University, we want a, by God, football luvin’ conservative. Not some mamby pamby liberal who thinks football is a waste of school resources and a potential liability to the university!! :D

Last edited:
Benson was on the plus side for the university. I recall communicating with him via email and letters regarding the importance of successful athletics and football for the overall image of the university. He was on board with the concept. That is contrary to the little pissant DiStefano. I guess he felt above responding to an alum who participated in the football program and became a faculty member at another university.

I sure hope the university carefully considers the candidates and hires another president along the lines of Benson. Please, please no more people like Hoffman and DiStefano.

Sounds like his successor has been chosen.

Mark Kennedy-President of the University of North Dakota

Hmmm

Were you expecting a President from a more prestigious school to replace him? I'm confused here...

I think a chancellor or dean at a prestigious public research university is not too much to ask for in a hire.

His resume is... a resume.

I would prefer not to go with either position for a new president. I prefer a candidate that has not spent the majority of their adult life in academia.

Yeah, that’s my thinking. I’m still learning about Mr. Kennedy, but background in finance at General Mills and Macy’s, MBA from Michigan, three term congressman, and some academic institutional leadership at George Washington U and North Dakota. On paper, that’s a good resume in my opinion.

Yeah, that’s my thinking. I’m still learning about Mr. Kennedy, but background in finance at General Mills and Macy’s, MBA from Michigan, three term congressman, and some academic institutional leadership at George Washington U and North Dakota. On paper, that’s a good resume in my opinion.

Seems bland to me. Three terms in the House representing Twin Cities suburbs means exactly nothing (in contrast to someone like Hank Brown who held a statewide office).

Not sure UND experience means much either.

Seems bland to me. Three terms in the House representing Twin Cities suburbs means exactly nothing (in contrast to someone like Hank Brown who held a statewide office).

Not sure UND experience means much either.

He was voted the most effective freshmen representative when he came into the house and was legislatively active in a bipartisan way. Seems ok to me. At UND, he got handed a budget ****show by all accounts. That’s tough to deal with and good experience. I guess time will tell.

He was voted the most effective freshmen representative when he came into the house and was legislatively active in a bipartisan way. Seems ok to me. At UND, he got handed a budget ****show by all accounts. That’s tough to deal with and good experience. I guess time will tell.

I guess I just do not see how he is even remotely the best person CU could hire for the job. But then again, CU gonna CU.

From that same thread....

Luckily we have the bare minimum sports needed for the Pac-12.

I feel like I’m carrying water for this guy, and I’d never given him a thought before today. I really have no idea how he will do. However, I will point out that North Dakota is carrying more sports than CU after he cut three. That’s crazy in a tiny town, in a tiny state, with a tiny tv contract. I realize people love their sports, but there is only so much you can do.

He's taking over a University that just spent billions in capital projects across 4 campuses. Gotta think the regents are making this hire with budget cuts in mind.

I feel like I’m carrying water for this guy, and I’d never given him a thought before today. I really have no idea how he will do. However, I will point out that North Dakota is carrying more sports than CU after he cut three. That’s crazy in a tiny town, in a tiny state, with a tiny tv contract. I realize people love their sports, but there is only so much you can do.

yeah fine, I'm not judging either way, but as a CU sports fan it is a little concerning.

I don't know how he'll do, but freaking out that he cut sports at North Dakota seems pretty silly.

Back