What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - Buffs vs. Bears

Ugh. 11 point lead down to 3. Our tendency to go cold never goes away.

Man, this is so frustrating to watch. We really need to try to work inside rather than take out of control shots.

Inside? This is a roster with only two forwards listed and one C who has not come in the game. Tad wanted a team full of Guards and he got it. No rebounding or inside presence. When this team gets into league play, if they don't hit 3 pointers at an EXTREMELY high clip, they are going to get trounced.

Why no Dallas Walton?

I can't get a consistent feed for this game.

Box score looks like missed FTs, and not dominating on the boards as they should against a Big Sky team.

Team still can't hit free throws. Too bad the ncaa **** battey, we would have more opportunities inside.

Team still can't hit free throws. Too bad the ncaa **** battey, we would have more opportunities inside.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Buffs are going to have to go up tempo more this season it seems.

Why? That comment makes you sound like a b-ball snob.
tenor.gif

What is hilarious is that you seem to be in mid-season form...especially when it's the first game of the season and we got a bunch of newcomers. :LOL:

Great surge to end the half. Have to admit, I don't follow as closely as some of you do my comments will be off. Really liked McKinley Wright he's electric.

Good win, didn’t give up many second chance shots, didn’t give up many uncontested shots. Held a team with a lot of experienced guards to 51 points and under 20% shooting from 3. Finished the first half and second half strong. Miller-Stewart with some big free throws when we needed it. Some things to work on and typical scoring lulls, but not bad.. not bad.

What is hilarious is that you seem to be in mid-season form...especially when it's the first game of the season and we got a bunch of newcomers. :LOL:

I'm guilty, ft's are a pet peeve. Have no expectations for this team, even more now that battey won't play.

The fun part will be watching the young guys progress throughout the season.

McKinley Wright will be the PG for the next 4 years. Nice piece. Build pieces around him.

Because it’s the first game of the year, with a team that is almost all freshmen and sophomores against a low level opponent and people are reacting like it’s the Mayor/Jelly team that should have gone to the Sweet 16. Add in the people who are ready to write the team and certain players off after one half and I stand by the fact this thread is hilarious. It’s the equivalent of people writing off the football team after the spring game.

I’m so happy basketball is back.

Deep rotation with so many new guys made it a disjointed effort and the inconsistency of the officiating didn’t help with getting into a rhythm.

But at this stage in the season the mantra is “you win and you learn”.

Successful opener.

Lot of fun.

Because it’s the first game of the year, with a team that is almost all freshmen and sophomores against a low level opponent and people are reacting like it’s the Mayor/Jelly team that should have gone to the Sweet 16. Add in the people who are ready to write the team and certain players off after one half and I stand by the fact this thread is hilarious. It’s the equivalent of people writing off the football team after the spring game.
Gotcha. I don’t know enough to have any preconceptions about the team. I can only go by my rudimentary knowledge of basketball and what I see. These games out of the box are hard to judge because it’s going to take time for Tad to settle on his rotations and we have so many new faces.

Back