What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - Buffs vs. Bears

Fun time at the game last night! The team should be fun to watch this year.

They hand out posters at most games and my kids like to get them; it was really weird last night's poster was Battey.

We found ourselves a PG. McKinley is going to be great. The free throws were frustrating, Tad said we were 20-22 against SMU in the scrimmage though. Still feel the same way after one game, similar record to last year, a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

The good thing with FTs -- and this is the most important thing -- is that this team has the ability to get to the line at a high rate. Lots of guys who can win 1-on-1 battles to get a step and draw a foul.

The good thing with FTs -- and this is the most important thing -- is that this team has the ability to get to the line at a high rate. Lots of guys who can win 1-on-1 battles to get a step and draw a foul.

Would love to see that instead of settling for long distance shots like earlier in the game.

agree with other posters that team will be much more interesting to watch than last years squad other than d white...frosh pg is gonna be real good!

Would love to see that instead of settling for long distance shots like earlier in the game.

I honestly think that this year we're going to have to start from the outside and work in. We don't have anyone down low who can punish people so we're going to have to hit some three's early to open things up for McKinley and others to drive the line. If you think about it, our best post player is King and I'm not sure he's someone I would feel comfortable with posting up and running an iso through him to get a basket when we absolutely had to have one (and this is where @jgisland promptly will find some stats showing me I'm an idiot).

I'm thinking the FT was a bit of a fluke. We have guys who can shoot on this team. Namon and Dom were around 75% in previous years (excluding Dom's frosh year). The frosh have reputations that they can shoot. I'm pretty sure that we won't shoot 45% in a game again. In fact, shooting for everyone in that game was off. CU was 44% from the line and UNC was 45% from the line. CU shot 29% from 3 and UNC shot 16%. It was just a bad shooting game for everyone. I think it's safe to say that we'll finish the season close to the 70% mark than the 50% mark.

Oh, and DeLeon Brown is the PERFECT piece off of the bench. I was really impressed by him on Friday. If he can provide that, it will be a nice piece of the puzzle for us moving forward.

Oh, and DeLeon Brown is the PERFECT piece off of the bench. I was really impressed by him on Friday. If he can provide that, it will be a nice piece of the puzzle for us moving forward.
I'm impressed with him. He's never going to be a superstar scorer, but his ball handling has improved a lot. Him being able to back up Kin at PG while also being a defensive stopper when he comes in at the 2 as a wing shooter is damn valuable. He's also a hustle guy, which is big for a team that has some gunner types who aren't always dialed in for the defense & loose balls part of the game.

I honestly think that this year we're going to have to start from the outside and work in. We don't have anyone down low who can punish people so we're going to have to hit some three's early to open things up for McKinley and others to drive the line. If you think about it, our best post player is King and I'm not sure he's someone I would feel comfortable with posting up and running an iso through him to get a basket when we absolutely had to have one (and this is where @jgisland promptly will find some stats showing me I'm an idiot).

I'm thinking the FT was a bit of a fluke. We have guys who can shoot on this team. Namon and Dom were around 75% in previous years (excluding Dom's frosh year). The frosh have reputations that they can shoot. I'm pretty sure that we won't shoot 45% in a game again. In fact, shooting for everyone in that game was off. CU was 44% from the line and UNC was 45% from the line. CU shot 29% from 3 and UNC shot 16%. It was just a bad shooting game for everyone. I think it's safe to say that we'll finish the season close to the 70% mark than the 50% mark.
The key is going to be who is taking the FTs in crunch time. Got to figure that's going to mostly be King, Namon and Kin with Dom in that mix. Can those guys be over 70% while getting dialed in when it matters? I think so.

I'm impressed with him. He's never going to be a superstar scorer, but his ball handling has improved a lot. Him being able to back up Kin at PG while also being a defensive stopper when he comes in at the 2 as a wing shooter is damn valuable. He's also a hustle guy, which is big for a team that has some gunner types who aren't always dialed in for the defense & loose balls part of the game.

He & McKinley were the only two that I thought were aggressive all game.

That was fun to watch. Breath of fresh air in coors, and it smelled like beer and new mistakes!

The key is going to be who is taking the FTs in crunch time. Got to figure that's going to mostly be King, Namon and Kin with Dom in that mix. Can those guys be over 70% while getting dialed in when it matters? I think so.

Nik is becoming enlightened!!!!!! (y)

Yeah...the football analogy would be that the offense would have to pass the ball to set up the run...LOL. You still got to run the football or score inside in basketball to win consistently.

Tad Boyle should borrow something from former Okie Lite coach Eddie Sutton...using football helmets and shoulder pads in practice to toughen up those boys.

Back