What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Beavs

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
The Buffs host Oregon St. tonight at 6:30pm on FS1.

Its a battle of the Pac-12 bottom dwellers, the conference's 0'fers. If the Buffs lose this one it'll be an early nail in the coffin to this season. Oregon St. is that bad. More than anything the Buffs badly need to stop the bleeding.

Put Wes on Eubanks and dare someone else to beat us. I know injuries have been a problem, but man... they shouldn't be this bad. They're slow, inefficient and turn the ball over a lot. Buffs should be able to pound them on the glass.

I find it impossible to equate us with the Beavs, even though our conference records are identical. We separate from them tonight and hopefully start moving up the ranks. There's at least 4-5 teams we are better than, and that's the real frustration of being in our current position. Having a disappointing season is one thing, but having an awful record when we're merely a mediocre team is another.

If my ticket group is any indication, attendance will be bleak.

Side note: if someone needs tickets, DM me. Hopeful to be at the Dark Horse by 5:30 to grab a beer or two. Tickets can be acquired there.

Buffs should easily beat Oregon State at home.
Historically we've been about 18 points better at home than on the road, playing home-and-away games. This should give us an easy sweep against OSU, Wash and WSU. Oregon may not be a blowout. Should be some Ws in our very near future (starting tonight).

Holy ****. Roll Tad.

I like this actually. But probably should have been done earlier in the season. Maybe these guys hadn't earned it yet at that point. Interesting that White isn't starting as he's been the only one to consistently play well. But I think Tad wants more from him. Especially from a leadership standpoint

By Tad's body language you can tell he is so exasperated with this team. No heart. At all. I feel bad for him. Still coaching his a$$ off.

CU is the worst defensive team in the Pac-12. They also don't box out. Of course Tad is exasperated.

King and Bryce Peters have 2/3 of our points.
Wes, XJ, White = 2 pts total

Seems like every time one of our bigs tries a back-to-the-basket move, he works himself into a more difficult shot than if he'd just gone up strong in the first place.

And this defense is offensive.

That was like watching an AAU summer league game. No fighting for defensive position. Sloppy turnovers. Poor close-outs on shooters. Guys just letting it fly on offense. Horrible, horrible basketball by both teams.

One possession they look like a team talented enough to advance in the dance, just dominating play. Then they stand around and watch as less talented players go off on them and they don't even seem to care.

It's good that 5 of them are seniors because this team needs to be blown up and start over.

016.JPG

Back