What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

what the ****
HCMT will interview to gauge his market value. That will be taken to Rick George. The ball will be in Rock George's court and we find out how serious our AD is about big boy football. If they are serious HCMT will be making $3.5-4 mil a year here. Or he bombs the interview, we know that probably won't happen.

HCMT will interview to gauge his market value. That will be taken to Rick George. The ball will be in Rock George's court and we find out how serious our AD is about big boy football. If they are serious HCMT will be making $3.5-4 mil a year here. Or he bombs the interview, we know that probably won't happen.
I don’t doubt that a lot of coaches interview in order to leverage a raise from their current employer, but how common is that after 1 year at a new job?

I don’t doubt that a lot of coaches interview in order to leverage a raise from their current employer, but how common is that after 1 year at a new job?
Fairly common and becoming more common in this day and age.

Fairly common and becoming more common in this day and age.
Really, like who? You may be right but I can’t think of someone off the top of my head who interviewed for another job after 1 year. Regardless, I would think it makes recruiting harder if it puts his long term commitment to CU in question.

There is no reason to take an anonymous source in the detroit free press as gospel. But even if he is interviewing, the odds of him getting an offer and leaving are remote.

giphy.gif

Really, like who? You may be right but I can’t think of someone off the top of my head who interviewed for another job after 1 year. Regardless, I would think it makes recruiting harder if it puts his long term commitment to CU in question.
In our own conference, Taggert. Oregon to FSU.

Whatever. Do not believe one word of the story. I do believe his agent is talented but we will see. HCMT is not leaving at this point. Maybe in a couple of years with a bit more success but I think he is here for the long haul as long as CU takes care of him

Whatever. Do not believe one word of the story. I do believe his agent is talented but we will see. HCMT is not leaving at this point. Maybe in a couple of years with a bit more success but I think he is here for the long haul as long as CU takes care of him
Do you not believe it because you don’t trust the Detroit Free Press or because you don’t want to believe it?

Do you not believe it because you don’t trust the Detroit Free Press or because you don’t want to believe it?

I guess I do not believe the paper. Has nothing to do with whether I want to or not. Just not buying it at all at this point

This better not be true....but if it is, someone get EB on the phone. Or there’s always Dave Logan 1581133972405.png

MT is gone! If he wanted to stay, after having a solid recruiting year, he would see it thru and see what he could build. If he is interviewing, he will be moving on for this position or another one soon. RG can throw money but if the heart doesn't want to be here.....Go get Urban - upgrade!

Not real happy if this is true because even if he has a good agent, he will lose some credibility if you bail on a program that loves you and took a chance on your first job and wants to provide everything you need. Smart move is to tamp it down ASAP with a small raise. Do not let him interview and get in an awkward spot! CU is the better job because of the chance to win your division.

Back