What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

If the former coach had been Beaver Cleaver and had promised Mrs. Donaldson that he would mow her lawn for 50 cents and he had the mower out ready to start when Mr. Jones said,

“Hi Beaver. I see you have your mower out. I’ll pay you to mow my lawn.”

“I’d love to Mr. Jones but I promised Mrs. Donaldson I would mow her lawn and she’s paying me 50 cents.”

“I’ll tell you what, if you mow my lawn instead, I will pay you a dollar!”

So, forced to make the most difficult decision of his life, Beav sees his dad and says, “Dad, I promised Mrs. Donaldson is mow her lawn for 50 cents but Mr. Jones came by and said he would pay me a dollar if I mowed his instead and I only have time to mow one!”

What would Ward tell The Beav to do? He’d say, “Well, Theadore, didn’t you make a promise to Mrs. Donaldson?”

Well, gee, yeah, I guess I did. I get it dad! I need to keep my promise!”

“Good boy Beaver!”
Mow both lawns Beaver, what are you an idiot?

First of all, if he had that 1 more year Mel would have ditched him too.

I'm not surprised that there was a lot of "it's just business" and "can't blame a guy for taking care of #1" coming from Montez with no consideration for the teammates who got screwed over and lied to.

Oh well. Hope he makes some money and figures some things out about life.
Montez has the physical tools to make a practice squad, especially if he gets drafted, even on the 3rd day.
Pro coaches always think they can "coach up" a dumb, selfish player...............whatever happened to Paxton Lynch anyway?

If the former coach had been Beaver Cleaver and had promised Mrs. Donaldson that he would mow her lawn for 50 cents and he had the mower out ready to start when Mr. Jones said,

“I’d love to Mr. Jones but I promised Mrs. Donaldson I would mow her lawn and she’s paying me 50 cents.”

So, forced to make the most difficult decision of his life, Beav sees his dad and says, “Dad, I promised Mrs. Donaldson is mow her lawn for 50 cents but Mr. Jones came by and said he would pay me a dollar if I mowed his instead and I only have time to mow one!”

What would Ward tell The Beav to do? He’d say, “Well, Theadore, didn’t you make a promise to Mrs. Donaldson?”

Well, gee, yeah, I guess I did. I get it dad! I need to keep my promise!”

“Good boy Beaver!”

WTF?

Strange place for the neighborhood cougar metaphor.

Well, gee, yeah, I guess I did, and that promise had very specific conditions which I met. Mrs Donaldson agreed to those terms too, so I guess she's accountable for the agreement we made. I get it dad! I need to keep my promise insofar as Mrs Donaldson required!”

“Good boy Beaver! Don't forget the lesson about ****ty contracts.”
Nice boomer rewrite. fify.

A dick is someone who puts himself before others, just as you described. So huh? right back at ya.
Well, I never called him a dick but I do think he’s immature and a bit egotistical. If you want to equate those with being a dick that’s your prerogative.

Nice boomer rewrite. fify.
Thank you for including a few of the additional terms and elements of the contract discussion at issue. The original analogy seemed almost purposefully inapplicable (or as we say in the law “distinguishable.”)

The original analogy presented no negative repercussions from the asserted breach, no reference to the concept of promise and reliance, no presentation of the weight of keeping one’s word or having an honest character.

Mels Twitter photo is him in CU gear on the sideline!!! What a dikk
Sick as hell of #RELENTLESS

Opposite of Relentless is SHORT LIVED

3B3A4459-CC43-45EC-A470-63BE34297C67.jpeg

It will not be fun for that long. This is the wrong job and set up for him. Will be back in the league as a position coach by 2023.
*Position coach with $30m, minus taxes and what not.... Don’t agree with any of it, but he did it for the reasons he cares about.

Good read.

I think we’re watching the perversion/destruction of college football. Between players getting paid “for use of their likeness”, coaches lying to recruits and leaving scorched earth behind them, ludicrously high salaries and buyouts, the “GoDaddy.com Bowl”....I just don’t see this going in a direction I like or having a good chance of preserving what I love about college football in 10 years.

Back