What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Yes, terrible. The exterior of the home has way too many competing roof lines. I particularly dislike a double gabled roof, which is a favorite of builders that specialize in McMansions. The windows all compete with each other in both style and size. The entire front of the home is unbalanced, heavily weighted to the left, leaving a sad garage to carry the right side. Really poor symmetry overall.

The interior of the house is cavernous, lacking any charm. There are few reasons to ever have a “bar” in a house, but you can get away with one in a dedicated game room space, but never in the main living room, as is the case with this house.

The built-in desk in the dining/kitchen area is one of those bad ideas left over from the early 1990s.

All of the fireplaces randomly change from one architectural style to another, without any reason. At times, the home has a Colorado mountain style, the range hood in the kitchen appears more French country, at least one of the other fireplaces is Italianate. It’s all over the map.

I’m not a fan of the theater room in general, but if you’re going to have one, please don’t go with the awful stadium seating. And don’t try to make it look like an actual AMC theater with bad stage curtains.

The office with coffered ceilings and the sauna, however, were fine. The wine cellar is ok, I guess, but only if you have a real collection and know something about fine wines.

The house is big, but alas, charmless.

Now you have to post pictures of your house or this post gets deleted, imo. Lol

Now you have to post pictures of your house or this post gets deleted, imo. Lol

Haha. Fair enough.

I live in an historic Key West style home built about 100 years ago. It is right in the old downtown, and was repurposed as a law firm for a couple of decades. I renovated the interior after purchase and brought it back to a residential property.

I’m not going to photograph my personal home, but it looks very similar to the below picture. Feel free to critique.

1596643805410.jpeg

Haha. Fair enough.

I live in an historic Key West style home built about 100 years ago. It is right in the old downtown, and was repurposed as a law firm for a couple of decades. I renovated the interior after purchase and brought it back to a residential property.

I’m not going to photograph my personal home, but it looks very similar to the below picture. Feel free to critique.

View attachment 38525
The white picket fence against the second floor balustrades conflicts. The spacing of the fence posts is unbalanced and conflicting, thus diminishing the curb appeal of the antiquated post antebellum architecture. The double columns supporting the cantilevered deck and roof lead to overly stated massing of the front elevation.

The white picket fence against the second floor balustrades conflicts. The spacing of the fence posts is unbalanced and conflicting, thus diminishing the curb appeal of the antiquated post antebellum architecture. The double columns supporting the cantilevered deck and roof lead to overly stated massing of the front elevation.

DBT, you left out the worst part about the structure . . .
it's in Florida

You get high marks for the use of “post antebellum”, which translates to “after before the war”. Crafty.

Haha. Fair enough.

View attachment 38525
Looks racist to me. All white.

Haha. Fair enough.

View attachment 38525
Did the FBI come to apprehend Frank Abagnale Jr?

Haha. Fair enough.

View attachment 38525
The trees in the front yard are too skinny.

Haha. Fair enough.

View attachment 38525
Shave your bush.

Haha. Fair enough.

Your house looks like Cletus.
1596655119113.png

:ROFLMAO: We hate the one that we have. We're painting our cabinets and adding new countertops. We explored options to get rid of that damn thing but couldn't figure out anything that would work.

I agree that house is hideous. It makes me nervous about our color choices though. We are doing mostly blue cabinets, but some will be painted "lamp room gray." I hate the color of the cabinets in Mel's old house. But I'm wondering if it's the all the other sh*t that's going on that makes them look so bad. They also look like they have a bit of brown in them. The color we chose does not.
How much is it costing you to have cabinets painted?

How much is it costing you to have cabinets painted?
$6500 to put in new boxes for the drawers, soft close on all drawers, and cabinets, and painting. There are a few other areas not in the picture that are being painted. The ugly build-in desk being one of them. Also ripping out the cabinets above the build-in desk and placing floating shelves

We changed the appliances to stainless about a year ago. The entire right side will be dark blue. Island will be dark blue. Uppers straight ahead and on let will be gray.

I want to change the footprint, but it’s a much bigger and expensive project. And I also wanted to wait another 7-8 years for when our kids are old enough they won’t trash it.

I lost. Wife couldn’t stand our ugly cabinets and countertops (tho it does look much better with the stainless appliances). I’ll be happy if I can get 7-8 years out of the painted cabinets without them looking like complete sh*t.

411EBC8A-FF78-4646-8028-DEFCF9F0D7EF.jpeg

$6500 to put in new boxes for the drawers, soft close on all drawers, and cabinets, and painting. There are a few other areas not in the picture that are being painted. The ugly build-in desk being one of them. Also ripping out the cabinets above the build-in desk and placing floating shelves

We changed the appliances to stainless about a year ago. The entire right side will be dark blue. Island will be dark blue. Uppers straight ahead and on let will be gray.

I want to change the footprint, but it’s a much bigger and expensive project. And I also wanted to wait another 7-8 years for when our kids are old enough they won’t trash it.

I lost. Wife couldn’t stand our ugly cabinets and countertops (tho it does look much better with the stainless appliances). I’ll be happy if I can get 7-8 years out of the painted cabinets without them looking like complete sh*t.

View attachment 38532
I've never seen a kitchen with so many cabinets, ever. What a crazy design. Do you use them all?

I've never seen a kitchen with so many cabinets, ever. What a crazy design. Do you use them all?
It’s like the men’s locker room at the Country Club. I hate it. Which is why I wanted to change the footprint. Move the cooktop to the back wall with a hood to break up the cabinetry. Add a third window where the corner cabinets are. And you won’t lose storage because there will be storage in the island.

We kind of use them all. But only because we have them. We toyed with the idea of putting floating shelves in the kitchen, but decided it wouldn’t look good based on the **** we’d have on the shelves.

I converted my Golden Oak to Cherry by switching out doors and drawer fronts and placing veneer on the boxes. I’m cheep.

View attachment 38532

I actually really like blue cabinetry. It will, however, absorb a lot of light, and that would be my concern here. Are you changing the countertops and backsplash? I think a lighter marble or white quartzite countertop with a white ceramic artisan tile would balance the darker blue. It’s expensive but changing the uppers on the left side to run to the ceiling would be nice look. On the island, placing some finish moldings on the ends would look good. You can also have some fun with the pulls by changing the metals out. Donal Trump gold trimmed toilets are bad, but some gold pulls against the blue cabinets would look nice. Something like this:

1596662603492.jpeg

I actually really like blue cabinetry. It will, however, absorb a lot of light, and that would be my concern here. Are you changing the countertops and backsplash? I think a lighter marble or white quartzite countertop with a white ceramic artisan tile would balance the darker blue. It’s expensive but changing the uppers on the left side to run to the ceiling would be nice look. On the island, placing some finish moldings on the ends would look good. You can also have some fun with the pulls by changing the metals out. Donal Trump gold trimmed toilets are bad, but some gold pulls against the blue cabinets would look nice. Something like this:

View attachment 38535
Creebuzz and the whorehouse kitchen FTMFW!

View attachment 38535
Yeah. It’s basically that. The price I mentioned above for the cabinets also includes modifying the cabinets under the sink to allow for the farm sink apron (but we’re going with a black sink) and building the support for the sink.

We were told that extending the quartz from the countertops to the backsplash would cost $2k more than a Carrara looking 3x6 tile. So we went with tile.

But the picture you posted made me realize that we ordered the same size bar pull for every drawer and cabinet. Looking below the sink, we may have to change that.

View attachment 38535
That looks really nice, although I prefer brushed nickel for the fixtures, faucets, and drawer pulls.

My parents had liquor cabinets. Apparently, for my dad, every cabinet was a liquor cabinet. He had stashes in every one of them, it seemed. The vodka cabinet. The bourbon cabinet. The gin cabinet.....etc.
Moses, I just have one question. Did you raid those cabinets or grandpa's?

Yes, terrible. The exterior of the home has way too many competing roof lines. I particularly dislike a double gabled roof, which is a favorite of builders that specialize in McMansions. The windows all compete with each other in both style and size. The entire front of the home is unbalanced, heavily weighted to the left, leaving a sad garage to carry the right side. Really poor symmetry overall.

The interior of the house is cavernous, lacking any charm. There are few reasons to ever have a “bar” in a house, but you can get away with one in a dedicated game room space, but never in the main living room, as is the case with this house.

The built-in desk in the dining/kitchen area is one of those bad ideas left over from the early 1990s.

All of the fireplaces randomly change from one architectural style to another, without any reason. At times, the home has a Colorado mountain style, the range hood in the kitchen appears more French country, at least one of the other fireplaces is Italianate. It’s all over the map.

I’m not a fan of the theater room in general, but if you’re going to have one, please don’t go with the awful stadium seating. And don’t try to make it look like an actual AMC theater with bad stage curtains.

The office with coffered ceilings and the sauna, however, were fine. The wine cellar is ok, I guess, but only if you have a real collection and know something about fine wines.

The house is big, but alas, charmless.

I bet his garage is awesome, though.

Back