What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Leach dies after apparent heart attack

It is a terrible situation for the family - no one should have to make those decisions for a loved one.

Which is why everyone should do a medical directive for themselves. You make the decision, don't force it on your loved ones.

No one should go this young.
I just attended my mother in laws funeral this past Saturday, she had a completely random and massive brain bleed last month, she was 69.

Luckily she had those medical directives in place which helped make the decision for her loved ones.

I’ll second the need for medical directives. Do it and be very clear what is and is not a “meaningful” life. If you can include timelines, even better.

I can tell you that he is now in hospice care. It pains me to say that it's now just a matter of time. There simply is no rebounding outside of a sheer miracle. The family will have to make a very hard and sad decision soon.
so sorry to hear this. love the guy.

I can tell you that he is now in hospice care. It pains me to say that it's now just a matter of time. There simply is no rebounding outside of a sheer miracle. The family will have to make a very hard and sad decision soon.
Very sorry to hear. All the best to him and his family.

This is the worst news. I've followed his career and believe he was one of the greats. The football community and community as a whole lost a truly inspiring man. Condolences to his family.

He was a cornerstone in changing offensive football to what we see today. A real HOF’er. RIP while you ride that pirate ship over the horizon, Coach Leach.

Wow. No words. Given what happened it was inevitable but we always hope for a miracle.

candle GIF

61 is too young. R.I.P. coach Leach.
A true innovator who will be missed.

158-107
Undergrad - BYU
JD - Pepperdine

He was one of those coaches who really did speak his mind. Makes me sad that he left this world before being that amazing color commentary personality on football broadcasts. Thoughts go out to his family and his team.

I like to believe he was CU fans favorite coach to never lead the buffs.

many a great battles with him in both of our conferences.

one of the most heartbreaking cfb deaths I’ve experienced, the guy was more than a coach, he was the ****ing pirate.

E621C8DD-9F7F-453B-8E55-4AE9FB0009C0.gif

Back