What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Leach dies after apparent heart attack

Oh man this is the worst news. I’m hoping for a miracle for Coach Leach and his family. I wonder if this was somehow vax-related.
wait... wha? huh? really? um..? hmmm..? oh? oy vey....

Recently watched a special on Coach Leach and his personal chair at a bar in Key West. He goes down there all the time snorkeling. Looks like a fun dude to hang with.
Key West has Pat Croce's Rum Barrel and Pat Croce's Pirate Soul Museum, both places Mike Leach frequented. Pat Croce was the GM of the Sixers during the Iverson era and has strong ties to Philadelphia (creating the largest Physical Therapy chain in Philadelphia.). Every time people bring up the word "Pirate," all I can think about is Leach sitting at pat Croce's bar and the 2 of them talking about everything that is "Pirate" in the world!

We lost one of the true innovators and characters in college football. The game is poorer without him. He was one of a kind and will be missed.

Got damnit. One of a kind.

Regardless of thoughts on him personally, he was very, very, good for college football. Especially, in a world with psycho controlling coaches, he was a breath of fresh air. RIP

Was thinking this morning about what the reaction would have been had Leach ended up coaching in Boulder.

Boulder, especially in the CU community has an excess of pompous, self-important, self identified "intellectual" types who think they are above the mundane of football. (i.e, our soon to be outbound Chancellor.)

Leach was a guy who never took himself seriously and didn't bother taking others seriously just because they thought they deserved it.

He chewed tobacco, spoke with a bit of a drawl, used "down-home" language, and often lacked "sensitivity" towards others. The pompous types would have hated him and yet would not know how to react to a guy who had a J.D from a top school, who studied history for fun at a level which matched many academics in the field and who could converse at a high level on a variety of topics.

I know the first CU home game in 2023 will be all about new coach, revitalization, etc. But whoever puts together graphics, media, and so forth should put up a quick clip pn the big screen of Leach talking about Ralphie before the bison runs at one of the games. It would be a great tribute to a timeless college football character.

Mike Leach was truly a unique personality as everyone knows. I don't think he ever took himself too serious. It is certainly a loss to college football, but is seems that beyond that we lost a truly bright light.

i feel like i can admit now, concerning the craig james kid in the store room story... i always kinda figured it was the kid's fault somehow.

karma payback for the five dead hookers and such.

Sad news indeed, he truly was a unique individual.

I've been listening to number of interviews about him, alot of clips being replayed and the thing that stuck out to me was how willing he was to give them an interview, he was always willing to give them his time.

I'll always be thankful for 2 things in particular:

1. His TTU team setting a scoring record against the "Black Shirts"

2. His refusal to run out the clock allowing that Embree team to steal one and avoid a winless season
I legit balled my eyes out when Jordan Webb scored with 9 seconds left.

we were so bad it’s honestly comical looking back. Imagine the stalemate of a game CU 2012 and CU 2022 would create.

Back