What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Sanford – OC/Interim Head Coach University of Colorado

We are so used and abused as a fan base that my friends are discussing the ways we can “hold on” to Sanford after such a turnaround in our group chat.

This is f****** pathetic people. Don’t fall in love with the hooker. Have some dignity
People were asking what it would take to hold onto Phil McGeoghan when he came in and threw out a couple offers to blue chip WR recruits in the Spring. We have a tendency to overrate mediocre coaches.

You’re all drunk on ONE FREAKIN’ WIN. Reality will come crashing down on us again next week when the Beavs wax us by 27.
I think "ALL" is overstating it a bit. I'm happy with the win, but hell no on this guy being the HC. I've never ventured to 247 because of everything I've read on here about it. It's like the modern-day NetBuffs. :D

Holy ****. They got the kids pizza AND had a “Ralphie Bowl”? Mike Sanford gets it. He should definitely be considered to take over this program after one win and a pizza party.

That Raphie Bowl is a GREAT idea. A lot of the success of a team is determined by how engaged the 2nd and 3rd team players are. Very smart!

On the "How excited I'd be if this guy was our next head coach" meter (which goes from 0 to 11, aka Embree Pt2 to Chris Petersen)...

Sanford was a 0 at the time he was announced and worked his way to a solid 1 through today.

I'd move to a 2, maybe even a 3, with a win tomorrow.

Just look to the Broncos if you want to see what a high energy offense coach that can't call an offense gets you.
Yeah. Early today, I asked myself "Self, if Sanford got us to 7-5 (7-2) then won a rematch with UCLA in the Pac-12 Championship, would I hire a different coach before the bowl game?"

I think this thread needs to be permanently locked. The only way I would consider it is if he got to a bowl game. That would require him to run the table in November. It ain’t happening folks. Nick Saban couldn’t get this team with this talent level to run the table in November lol

I can see us winning maybe one more game, that's about it. I like that Sanford is a leader type, he'd need a lot of help to be the guy.

This is true. Design, timing of the calls, protection, getting open & delivery all there. Physical mistakes of just not catching the damn ball or we'd have scored over 20 in regulation. Add in some key whiffs by OL which cost us points.
Karl, is that you?

higher.jpg
Yet "higher" would be 2 syllables and I think I pronounce it the same. English is weird. 🤔

On the "How excited I'd be if this guy was our next head coach" meter (which goes from 0 to 11, aka Embree Pt2 to Chris Petersen)...

Sanford was a 0 at the time he was announced and worked his way to a solid 1 through today.

I'd move to a 2, maybe even a 3, with a win tomorrow.
Should be about a -3 by now.

Back