What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez sucks...time to move on...

I road the Montez wagon for a long time holding out hope we'd see the guy that played in the Oregon game that first start. It's time to move on. He makes mistakes and misses reads that just shouldn't happen with a 5th year senior who has that many starts. We questioned why the ball never went over the middle and why we always struggled in the redzone despite multiple OCs. He's been the constant. I appreciate what he's done and I the feeling I had when he beat Oregon in '16 will never leave, but it needs to happen at this point

I road the Montez wagon for a long time holding out hope we'd see the guy that played in the Oregon game that first start. It's time to move on. He makes mistakes and misses reads that just shouldn't happen with a 5th year senior who has that many starts. We questioned why the ball never went over the middle and why we always struggled in the redzone despite multiple OCs. He's been the constant. I appreciate what he's done and I the feeling I had when he beat Oregon in '16 will never leave, but it needs to happen at this point
He doesn't miss reads, he doesn't make any, but primary.

Well, we are all the dumbasses for thinking he could get it done. But let’s be honest.

Jim Jeffcoat. The DL coach that couldn’t recruit his way out of a wet paper bag, has the honor of recruiting the best QB we have had to put out in the field....FOR THREE WHOLE YEARS.

Think about that. And then why the current staff has problems makes more sense. (Not that they are without fault)

Not disagreeing with any of the above judgments on the young man, but it is worth pointing out that he rarely has a fully-formed pocked from which to throw. Announcers puke on their ties over guys who have all day to throw, but let's see how good they play with no protection. The next level usually settles that.

On the bright side, I'm confident Mel understands the vast talent gap we have on the lines, OL in particular. Until he demonstrates that he's changing this situation to quality QB recruits, he won't get them to play here. High school QB's with any pro aspirations better be looking at the state of the offensive line they'll be playing behind, otherwise they're getting bad advice.

I'm all for getting the younger QB's reps this year, but the QB position will not win us games this year. A running game identity is our only chance to turn this wreck around.

Not disagreeing with any of the above judgments on the young man, but it is worth pointing out that he rarely has a fully-formed pocked from which to throw. Announcers puke on their ties over guys who have all day to throw, but let's see how good they play with no protection. The next level usually settles that.

On the bright side, I'm confident Mel understands the vast talent gap we have on the lines, OL in particular. Until he demonstrates that he's changing this situation to quality QB recruits, he won't get them to play here. High school QB's with any pro aspirations better be looking at the state of the offensive line they'll be playing behind, otherwise they're getting bad advice.

I'm all for getting the younger QB's reps this year, but the QB position will not win us games this year. A running game identity is our only chance to turn this wreck around.

A good deal of the reason he often doesn’t have a good pocket is because of his inability to read the defense pre-snap, his tendency to lock on one receiver, and his inability to quickly move to option 2 or 3. By the time he makes a decision, the rush is on him.

Congrats, except who would you like to put in instead? Our QB room is not good currently.
Based on what, haven't seen but a couple of plays from anyone else. Need to actually give them snaps and game plan this week and see what they can do. Throwing a kid in for a series at the end of losing game is not giving them a chance to succeed!

A good deal of the reason he often doesn’t have a good pocket is because of his inability to read the defense pre-snap, his tendency to lock on one receiver, and his inability to quickly move to option 2 or 3. By the time he makes a decision, the rush is on him.

Fair enough but coaches own a lot of that too. I recognize that he's had 3 OC's in his 5 years here, but is he on #3 because he dragged them down, or that not one of those guys got him to play up to potential? I've never heard him described as especially interested in extra film room time, so I suppose it's a little of both.

When I hear piling on of unsuccessful college QB's, it makes me want to barf a little. This ain't the NFL, where they're all overpaid.

I'm okay with Montez starting the rest of the way. He put in the work and nobody took the job from him, but we need to see what we have. I don't know if we give the backup a series or two or a quarter every game, but we need to find out who can play on this roster at all positions, especially QB.

I'm okay with Montez starting the rest of the way. He put in the work and nobody took the job from him, but we need to see what we have. I don't know if we give the backup a series or two or a quarter every game, but we need to find out who can play on this roster at all positions, especially QB.

Not sure what his argument will be for remaining the starter, other than nobody else being ready. Sitting him down might also light a fire under Steven too. USC is looking really good right now, so the USC game is looking like a mismatch, plain and simple. Maybe coming off the bench is what he needs to get that smirk off his face. That is getting a little old. Do you ever get angry at failure, young man? Most people do.

Not sure what his argument will be for remaining the starter, other than nobody else being ready. Sitting him down might also light a fire under Steven too. USC is looking really good right now, so maybe coming off the bench is what he needs to get that smirk off his face. That is getting a little old.

Totally agree 100%. He’s playing like an entitled millennial. You play the player who gives your team the best chance to win. Right now that’s not him.

Not sure which montez will show up next week

A good deal of the reason he often doesn’t have a good pocket is because of his inability to read the defense pre-snap, his tendency to lock on one receiver, and his inability to ever move to option 2 or 3. By the time he makes a decision, the rush is on him.
Fify.

Back