What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

Dude, we have been trying to argue with you for weeks now that how much the attendance increases will have a pretty big impact on those "substantial revenue increases" you keep bringing up. You act like CSU is going to be swimming in money no matter how this turns out.
Premium seating. Loge boxes, box seats, press box etc. Hughes has little of that=large revenue increase. And if its paid for from donations and that extra revenue goes to the ADept=win/win

Dude, we have been trying to argue with you for weeks now that how much the attendance increases will have a pretty big impact on those "substantial revenue increases" you keep bringing up. You act like CSU is going to be swimming in money no matter how this turns out.

Sustainability is the key concern I would think. I don't see sustainability in any revenue projections unless CSU gets into a power conference. You have to expect the peak revenue will occur in the first year, then decline after that.

CSU majors:

Apparel and Merchandising
Drawing
Fibers
Interior Design
Merchandising
Metalsmithing
Music Therapy
Painting
Photo Image Making
Pottery
Printmaking
Construction Management

I got tired of looking at garbage majors. GO to CSU if you want a minimum wage job. Also PE credits count toward graduation

Answer my question about sponsorships. What are you going to raffle off? The Field, the Stadium - what else is going to constitute the $10MM you claim will be coming? Are you just talking about straight advertising?

I would like to compare that against what Boulder gets to see if we're dealing with apples to apples

Answer this

CSU majors:

Drawing
Fibers
Interior Design
Merchandising
Metalsmithing
Music Therapy
Painting
Photo Image Making
Pottery
Printmaking
Construction Management

I got tired of looking at garbage majors. GO to CSU if you want a minimum wage job. Also PE credits count toward graduation

Bump for gasm. Top 3 in the nation in these majors correct?

Premium seating. Loge boxes, box seats, press box etc. Hughes has little of that=large revenue increase. And if its paid for from donations and that extra revenue goes to the ADept=win/win

Premium seating is not just magically gobbled up (even with the vaunted Denver Broncos). So I am sure it will be an increase in revenue, but you keep talking about substantial and you were bragging last week about how CSU has no money concerns. It all sounds myopic. Or maybe our definitions of "large" increases are different from yours.

I'd have to look at the report but there are a lot of options for sponsorships. Concessions, concourses etc

So that isn't a straight up 10 million increase since you already have those things right?

Field of Dreams.

CSU majors:

Drawing
Fibers
Interior Design
Merchandising
Metalsmithing
Music Therapy
Painting
Photo Image Making
Pottery
Printmaking
Construction Management

I'm sure CU has its share of worthless majors.

And yes Vets make minimum wage. $200k=minimum wage?

I'd have to look at the report but there are a lot of options for sponsorships. Concessions, concourses etc

So once again, you have no idea what would constitute at $10MM in additional sponsorships. The stadium I get - the rest, not so much. Did ICON point to other stadiums that had similar sponsorship arrangements? Where multiple corps were paying to sponsor concessions, concourses..... and?

CSU majors:

Drawing
Fibers
Interior Design
Merchandising
Metalsmithing
Music Therapy
Painting
Photo Image Making
Pottery
Printmaking
Construction Management

Don't laugh at metalsmithing. Renaissance festivals everywhere are hiring now!

I'm sure CU has its share of worthless majors.

And yes Vets make minimum wage. $200k=minimum wage?

average vet salary is 46k to 103k. I am now starting to understand how you came to all these conclusions.

Pretty funny list of majors. Probably a little unfair to include construction management in that group though.:lol:

#1 ranked vet school.
#2 most research for a uni without a medical school
#1 most research per faculty
~$1billion in other campus renovations
Placed in #1 ranked city in the nation

Time for the athletics to get what they deserve

No one here will argue about CSU having a top notch vet program or investing a lot in research. Many of us are residents of the state and are proud to have that within the state. More power to CSU for continued success in those areas.

Ft. Collins is also a great town. I don't know about #1 rank. I'm sure there was a magazine or web site that ranked it there on some criteria. For what it has to offer, it's very affordable and a nice place to live within one of the best states in the country. You should be proud of that.

Where I start to take exception is the "athletics get what they deserve" portion of that. That's a matter of opinion. In a free market, what is deserved is what private investors, revenues and taxpayers are willing to pay for and this may be modified down if athletic expansion does not fit within the overall mission of the university. For example, many Ivy League colleges have resources and achievements that dwarf what we have at CU and CSU. Their endowments are larger than the GDPs of many nations. They were the first colleges to play football in the USA and have some old national championships to their credit. Do they "deserve" to have athletic facilities that would give them opportunities to compete at the highest levels? It sounds like you would make that case. But it doesn't fit within the mission.

What concerns me with what CSU is proposing is that it's based on ego (i.e., "we deserve it") and hope (i.e., "it's a long shot, but maybe we'll get an invite to the BCS table if this is in place and there's no way that will happen without it"). Considering the revenues from the MWC media deals and the likelihood that huge, sustainable increases in attendance with 100% sale of luxury seating are over-estimated, stadium advertising fees are over-estimated, and alternate uses of the stadium as a revenue stream are overstated... there is a high likelihood that Colorado taxpayers, CSU tuition payers, and CSU academic programs will be back-ended via the university having to step up and cover financial shortfalls through university funds. That is a strong basis for objection from many interested parties when the justifications are "ego" and "hope".

All that said, I'm willing to pay more in state taxes to cover this if it means an end to the RMS.

And yet Minnesota is raking in the dough from having that stadium on campus.

The stadium isn't just about attendance.
It's about giving CSU what it deserves

This is now the second time you've mentioned that CSU "deserves" a new stadium. I'd honestly love for you to expound on this a bit. Why does CSU deserve a new stadium?

This is now the second time you've mentioned that CSU "deserves" a new stadium. I'd honestly love for you to expound on this a bit. Why does CSU deserve a new stadium?

For allowing people all over the country to obtain a Bachelor's/Master's Degree online for cheap!!!!

Back