What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

CSU is on the up and up. Their game vs academic powerhouse SJSU is now televised by ESPN3, making it their only other televised game other than CU.

Median salary doesn't equate to good academics.

Find a publication that ranks SJSU, Fresno or UNLV above CSU? Fresno had a whopping $8mil in research while CSU's was at $300mil roughly. Those are all glorified community colleges. Probably not even ranked in the top 500

CSU may be better than any of the 3 you mentioned, but they have a case and certainly aren't universities that CSU should look down its noses upon.

Fresno State:
[h=3]National rankings[/h]
  • Forbes Magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Best Public Colleges in the U.S." in 2009

• Washington Monthly magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Top 50 Master's Universities" (22nd out of 50) in 2010

• Placed at Tier 1, ranked 37th among the best Master's Universities in the West, according to the 2011 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” from U.S. News & World Report.

• Fresno State was named one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurial Colleges and Universities in the nation, in the May 2004 issue of Entrepreneur magazine. It is placed in the first tier of the list of the top 50 regionally recognized academic programs in the country.

• Washington Monthly magazine ranked Fresno State as one of "America's Top 50 Master's Universities" (15 out of 50) in 2011

• Listed in The Princeton Review 2009 for "Best 282 Business Schools".

• 14th in the US News Ranking of Rehabilitation Counseling Programs (2011).

• Craig School's MBA program is a top-45 business school in the nation (The Princeton Review).

• Kremen School's Rehabilitation Counseling Program was placed among the top 20 in the country (U.S. News & World Report’s 2004 rankings on “America’s Best Graduate Schools”).

• Ranked 24th in the Best Business Schools Rankings - Finance (Princeton Review 2008).

San Jose State:
[h=3]Rankings[/h]
  • According to U.S. News and World Report's college rankings (2012), San Jose State ranks 39th among regional universities in the western United States[SUP][37][/SUP] and 10th among western regional public institutions.[SUP][38][/SUP] The 2012 rankings represent a slight improvement since 2011, in which SJSU ranked 44th overall and 14th among western regional public institutions.[SUP][39][/SUP] U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks SJSU among the top 20 public regional universities in the west, with SJSU achieving its highest overall ranking to date in 2008, when the university placed 8th among western regional public schools.[SUP][40][/SUP][SUP][41][/SUP]

• SJSU’s Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering ranks 7th in the nation among public engineering programs offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees (excluding service academies), and 27th overall among all 193 engineering schools on the list, according to U.S. News and World Report (2012).[SUP][42][/SUP][SUP][43][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate school of Library and Information Science ranks 22nd in the nation, and its School Library Media specialty ranks 4th nationally, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][44][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in occupational therapy ranks 31st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][45][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in social work ranks 71st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][46][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in fine arts ranks 81st in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][47][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in speech language pathology ranks 87th in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][48][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in public affairs ranks 100th in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][49][/SUP]

• SJSU's graduate program in nursing ranks 193rd, in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report (Best Graduate Schools 2012).[SUP][50][/SUP]

• SJSU ranks 3rd among regional universities in the West for least amount of student debt at graduation, according to U.S. News and World Report (2012).[SUP][42][/SUP]

• The Princeton Review lists San Jose State's Lucas Graduate School of Business among the best 300 business programs in the nation (2011).[SUP][51][/SUP]

• SJSU made the Forbes list of "America's Best Colleges" in 2008,[SUP][52][/SUP] 2009,[SUP][53][/SUP] 2010[SUP][54][/SUP] and 2011.[SUP][55][/SUP]

• SJSU ranks 15th nationally by salary potential among all state schools in the nation, according to the PayScale, Inc. annual salary survey (2010–2011). According to the survey, the median annual starting salary for SJSU alumni is $51,700. The median annual mid-career salary for SJSU alumni is $92,900.[SUP][57][/SUP]

• In 2009, the city of San Jose was named the nation's top mid-size metro college destination, according to the American Institute for Economic Research College Destinations Index for 2009-2010.[SUP][58][/SUP] The index analyzes the academic environment, quality of life, and professional opportunity in more than 360 cities across the U.S.

• Computerworld magazine named SJSU's computer engineering program an "IT School to Watch" in 2008.[SUP][59][/SUP]

• As of 2007, SJSU's School of Art and Design appears on BusinessWeek's list of the "60 Best Design Schools in the World."[SUP][60[/SUP]
[SUP]
[/SUP]UNLV:

The university has been deemed a "research-intensive university" by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
[h=3]New initiatives[/h] In 2005, the university received over $95 million in extramural research funding, about a 30 percent increase over the previous year. Its fund raising campaign, "Invent the Future", reached its $500 million goal in 2009.[SUP][9][/SUP]
In 2009, a $59.7 million Advanced Clinical and Research Training Center was constructed under architect Carpenter Sellers. This LEED equivalent building is expected to be completed by summer 2010. It will serve to consolidate the University of Nevada Health Sciences System programs through the shared use of classrooms, teaching labs, and simulated patient lab space.[SUP][10]

[/SUP]
The Atlantic recognized UNLV's English Department as having one of the nation's most innovative Master of Fine Arts programs and one of the top five doctoral programs in creative writing.[SUP][19][/SUP]

Down Beat Magazine, the internationally recognized industry standard trade publication for jazz music, recognized the work of the 2010 UNLV Jazz Ensemble as "Outstanding Large Jazz Ensemble Performance" among graduate college-level jazz bands in their annual Student Music Award issue of that year.[SUP][20][/SUP]

In 2006, UNLV opened its first international campus in Singapore. The UNLV Singapore campus is housed on the 10th and 11th floors of the National Library of Singapore, a prestigious building comparable to the United States Library of Congress. The campus offers bachelor’s degree programs in Hotel Administration and Hospitality Management. UNLV Singapore is offering the college's upper division courses, which include Hotel Administration, Hospitality Marketing, Food & Beverage Management and Hotel Law. Students may also earn an executive master's degree in hospitality.[SUP][21][/SUP]

And that is why we're trying to increase our football prestige.
Also Fibers is a masters program.

I feel sorry for out of staters who pay for CU's ridiculous out of state tuition price

#32 ARWU ranking among all universities in the world. And, as stated, top 25 earnings for graduates among US state universities. CU is priced where it should be. All tuition seems too high, though.

#32 ARWU ranking among all universities in the world. And, as stated, top 25 earnings for graduates among US state universities. CU is priced where it should be. All tuition seems too high, though.
CSU out of state tuition (assuming full 15 credits): 12,220.42/semester = 24,440.84 per year
Source= CSU bursar office.
CU out of state tuition enrolling this year: $14,976/semester = 29,952 per year.
Source = CU Bursar office.

Difference = 5511.16

Holy **** CSU is a rip off compared to CU. No wonder OOS students prefer CU.

Also, "CU out of state tuition" in google brings up the bursar's office as the first result.
For CSU? http://www.calstate.edu/sas/costofattendance/

:rofl:

Totally agree. This thread is one of the best reads on the site. Very entertaining and great laughs. It would make a great fiction book about a boy and his dreams.

Or you could take it one step farther and give it a title like, ***** a CSU Fans says!

Guys, I've been away from the computer for a couple of hours, and this thread has balooned faster than any I have ever seen. I think OMFGasm is some made up user here to jerk your chain. His sheer stupidity is utterly too brilliant. I'm thinking we have been had.

Last edited:
This thread,
[video=youtube;CF7OnW4XDck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck[/video]

Already stated it. Top ranked vet school, top research university, $1bil in campus renovations, top ranked city.

CSU deserves better than Hughes and we deserve better than to be in the same conference as academic atrocities such as UNLV, Fresno and SJSU

So, by your way of thinking, Harvard should have a 375,000 seat on campus stadium?

hey gasm, why hasn't Capn Jack started fundraising yet? If there is all this money people want to give him, why hasn't he collected it yet?

hey gasm, why hasn't Capn Jack started fundraising yet? If there is all this money people want to give him, why hasn't he collected it yet?

I know right? When I got the questionairre asking if as a CU alum, would I contribute $20MM to a new CSU stadium, I heartily marked yes and returned it like everybody else. That's just money in the bank for the lambs.

It would be interesting if a reporter at one of our esteemed news publications included this tidbit in the next article about the proposed stadium:

"A source within the CSU Athletic Department has quoted Jack Graham as saying that the only way it wouldn't be built would be "over my dead body"

I wonder how that would be perceived by the stadium opposition crowd?

Graham is paying for it himself, with 68% of his own worth.

Because it hasn't been officially announced yet. The concept seems pretty simple.

The silent phase has obviously already begun with the questionnaires. And actually they have already received over a million which was used on ICON and Populous etc

Because it hasn't been officially announced yet. The concept seems pretty simple.

The silent phase has obviously already begun with the questionnaires. And actually they have already received over a million which was used on ICON and Populous etc

Holy crap over $1 Million??? That is a huge portion!

you have got to be ****ing kidding me. So far you have unveiled plans, have an AD who says this is going to get built no matter what and have the world's greatest feasibility study, yet you don't want to collect money because it is not official. The concept seems simple to you because you are a moron.

Holy crap over $1 Million??? That is a huge portion!
Getting the $ won't be a problem. Anyone wanna save this thread and look back at it when its announced in August?

I'm going to laugh at all you Buffoons then

Last edited:

Wait, it hasn't been officially announced yet?

Seriously?

I'm not exactly sure how to break this to you...

you have got to be ****ing kidding me. So far you have unveiled plans, have an AD who says this is going to get built no matter what and have the world's greatest feasibility study, yet you don't want to collect money because it is not official. The concept seems simple to you because you are a moron.

Politics. I'm a moron for stating facts on whats going on?

You seem mad. Need a tissue?

Getting the problem won't be a problem. Anyone wanna save this thread and look back at it when its announced in August?

I'm going to laugh at all you Buffoons then

You are dead on. Getting the problem won't be a problem. I would look forward to an actual announcement in August so the world could get actual concrete facts, instead of fairytale information from some message board dude name OMFGasm. Wait, what am I saying? Your information seems totally legit...:rolling_eyes:

Back