What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

FoCo City Council already commented on the issue regarding the stadium essentially saying that while they are not in favor of the stadium, they will have to work with CSU to lessen the burden of traffic etc, if T-Frank chooses to go ahead with the project and that the ultimate decision will come down to him

FoCo City Council already commented on the issue regarding the stadium essentially saying that while they are not in favor of the stadium, they will have to work with CSU to lessen the burden of traffic etc, if T-Frank chooses to go ahead with the project and that the ultimate decision will come down to him
Shut up, stupid.

Except for the fact that we don't need any of that. CSU can built what we want on our own land.

Tony Frank has the be all end all say in the matter. And he will say yes in mid August

If it's such a sure thing, why hasn't he said yes already?

If it's such a sure thing, why hasn't he said yes already?
I'm not Tony Frank, but if I had to guess it would be to get all of the logistics ready for the announcement. The Stadium Committee will be done with all their research and planning mid August, when they will present Tony Frank with all of the information. It seems responsible to have all of the information ready so it can be presented before making a formal announcement

Tony Frank also said he doesn't feel comfortable making an announcement when students aren't on campus

I'm not Tony Frank, but if I had to guess it would be to get all of the logistics ready for the announcement. The Stadium Committee will be done with all their research and planning mid August, when they will present Tony Frank with all of the information. It seems responsible to have all of the information ready so it can be presented before making a formal announcement

Tony Frank also said he doesn't feel comfortable making an announcement when students aren't on campus

So the stadium committee is going to spend another two months on research and reports for a decision that is already set in stone? Sounds efficient... :lol:

Could be, or it could be they are still trying to find that last $200M .

So the stadium committee is going to spend another two months on research and reports for a decision that is already set in stone? Sounds efficient... :lol:
I would assume a lot of it would be construction planning. You don't rush stuff like this.

And like I said, T-Frank said he didn't feel comfortable making announcements when students aren't on campus

I would assume a lot of it would be construction planning. You don't rush stuff like this.

And like I said, T-Frank said he didn't feel comfortable making announcements when students aren't on campus

Your faith that this stadium is really only months away from happening is actually kind of sweet.

You can be honest... do you really believe the **** you spout or is this all an act

It is only 100% of his worth

Not after he changes his title to Jack "Qwest" Graham, the Chevron Athletic Director of the Colorado State Dodge Rams. He can probably borrow off the future naming rights revenue to bridge the gap.

In all seriousness, if this guy can step in and break ground on a fully funded $250 million on-campus stadium in August after 8 months on the job, then he'll have his pick of any AD job in the country. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tony Frank answers to the CSU Board of Governors.
He will have some explaining to do.

1) Are the students protected from increases in student fees?
2) Explain the financials. How much is raised. How much time is needed to raise the target amount. How much needs to be borrowed? Will the borrowing go against attendance projections? Student Fees? Network revenues? Is the university going to need to lend (subsidize) the initial costs? Will their be bonds, and under what terms? Discuss incremental revenue elements associated with the stadium. Explain the expectation associated with attendence, ticket pricing, sponsorship & naming rights, media revenue projections, donations, and licensing. How do these plans compare to peer institutions?
3) What is the faculty opinion? Will going forward with the project undermine Dr. Franks credibility with the chancellor and faculty members? Or does the project strengthen the trust and integrity held between leaders, faculty, students, and the community?
4) What exactly is the goal of building the stadium? Is it for a potential invite into an AQ conference? What can be done to mitigate risks should an invite to an AQ conference be delayed or never occur?
5) What is the impact on the environment created by building the stadium? Will there be analysis that supports the initial feasibility study?
6) Is the process open, transparent, and inclusive of all stakeholders?
7) What will become of Hughes if the stadium is built? What is the impact of not building the on-campus stadium?
8) If CSU is not entering into an arms race with the likes of Texas, Alabama, Ohio State and USC, then is a $250m facility really necessary to compete for the Mountain West championship?
9) Timing: given the economy, unemployment, tuition increases, state funding decreases and access to grants, is this the right project at the right time? Why does it have to be now? What happens if CSU waits?
10) What is the bid process to select contractors and the project plans?

These are some of the questions that Dr Frank needs to weigh in preparation for making his decision and selling it to the board and the community. The selection committee has lots of work to do between now and August.

Do you have a link for this?

Point and counterpoint in the Denver Post today

For

This stadium is
notbeing paid for on the backs of taxpayers or students. It's coming from athletic donors (not academic) who understand the way forward is to put CSU back on the map. Nothing does this better than being relevant in a multibillion-dollar industry viewed by tens of millions weekly.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_20967713/yes-build-it-and-donors-will-come

Against

This pitch is false. National expert David Ridpath, a CSU alum and professor of sports management at Ohio University, says that a main-campus stadium, if it succeeds in making football the focus of CSU, "will change the culture of CSU forever, academically, athletically, and socially. It will affect academics, student fees, and academic subsidies. This issue affects everybody."

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_20967709/no-false-pitch-by-csu-athletics

Back