What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

How am I comparing CSU to stanford? You guys said we couldn't build a stadium in 2 years. I gave an example of a university that accomplished it in 9 months.

Do you have a mental disability?

Has your stadium been approved yet?

How am I comparing CSU to stanford? You guys said we couldn't build a stadium in 2 years. I gave an example of a university that accomplished it in 9 months.

Excellent progress. Now lets take this another step further. Please describe the two or three biggest contributing factors that allowed Stanford to build their stadium within this accelerated timeframe. Then compare and contrast the situation at CSU with what happened in Palo Alto. Be sure to point out the differences between the two situations and point out where CSU has opportunities to match or exceed Stanford's accomplishments.

If the Stanford example is not at all comparable to the Fort Collins situation due to factors of time or money, then explain why you brought Stanford into this discussion.

Bonus points are awarded for citing the Icon feasibility study or responding with misplaced ad hominem attacks.

Excellent progress. Now lets take this another step further. Please describe the two or three biggest contributing factors that allowed Stanford to build their stadium within this accelerated timeframe. Then compare and contrast the situation at CSU with what happened in Palo Alto. Be sure to point out the differences between the two situations and point out where CSU has opportunities to match or exceed Stanford's accomplishments.

If the Stanford example is not at all comparable to the Fort Collins situation due to factors of time or money, then explain why you brought Stanford into this discussion.

Bonus points are awarded for citing the Icon feasibility study or responding with misplaced ad hominem attacks.
Which is why I said it would be reasonable for CSU to build it in 20-24 months. Can you read?

I've had so many CSU kids come over and smoke Boulder weed and they have just raved about it and how much better it is.

Sure you have - whatever. I'm not going to argue with you about it on Allbuffs. In my experience in college, and from most of the people I know who smoke now, FoCo has the better dope

Dio's right.

Feasibility Field at ICON Stadium

Best answer yet to the original question. And if they are so sure it's such a slamdunk you would think ICON would be willing to put up some bucks to have their name on it.

I have talked to Jack graham multiple times. 100% chance of happening. Tony Frank hired him entirely to get the stadium built. Graham has stated multiple times that the only way it wouldn't be built would be "over my dead body"

Also Stanford built their stadium in 9 months. If we break ground in October we could easily get it done by 2014 (20-24 months).
Not unreasonable at all

Stanford's urgency was tied to San Francisco's failed 2012 Olympic bid. Is FoCo shooting for the 2020 games?

Which is why I said it would be reasonable for CSU to build it in 20-24 months. Can you read?

I can read and think. Check out the facts below. Note that the approval phase takes as long or longer than the construction cycle. You might have an early start date of October 2012 (don't hold your breath) or you might not see approval until 2015 after a prolonged fight with the city, followed by your 22-24 months of construction. This project looks like it might be dragging on through 2017. I think the FoCo model is more similar to the North Texas or Baylor models than best case scenarios like Stanford (olympic bid + rich) or Central Florida (citrus bowl) in that this is not tearing down and renovating, but starting from scratch. CSU will encounter delay by the nature of having to tear down existing buildings, getting environmental impacts, and going through zoning to accommodate traffic, parking, and infrastructure permitting. It is early in CSU's journey. My guess is that Baylor will beat CSU in this race by two years minimum. Baylor has the donation, location, and public sentiment on their side. CSU is fighting the SOS Hughes, does not have an announced lead donation, and has a bigger real estate head ache.

stadium facts:
Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium. $303M. 50,805 capacity. Approval phase Dec 2004 to Mar 2006. Construction Dec 2006 to Sep 2009. (27months + 33 months). B1G conference.

Stanford Stadium demolition & reconstruction. $90M. 50,858 capacity. Approval 2002 to Jun 2005. Construction Nov 2005 to Sept 2006. (36 months + 10 months).

Central Florida Bright House Networks Stadium. $55M. 48,453 capacity. Approval Dec 2004 to Nov 2005. Construction Mar 2006 to Sept 2007. (11 Months + 18 months).

SMU Gerald J. Ford Stadium. $57M. 32,000 capacity. Approval Jun 1997 to Sep 1999. Construction Sep 1999 to Sep 2000 (27 months + 12 months).

North Texas Apogee Stadium. $78M. 30,850 capacity. Approval 2002 to 2008. Construction Nov 2009 to Sep 2011 (6 years + 22 months)

TCU Amon Carter Stadium renovation. $164M. 50,000 capacity. Approval 2003 - Aug 2010. Construction Nov 2010 to Sep 2012. (7 years + 22 months)

Baylor Stadium $250M est. 45,000 capacity. Approval Nov 2011 - ???. Construction TBD (target Sep 2014)

Texas Tech AT&T Jones Stadium. $84M. 60,454 capacity. 1999 - 2009. Incremental renovations. (10 years)

Oklahoma State Boone Pickens Stadium. $286M. 60,218 capacity. 2003 - 2008. (5 years)

Stanford's urgency was tied to San Francisco's failed 2012 Olympic bid. Is FoCo shooting for the 2020 games?

I can read and think. Check out the facts below. Note that the approval phase takes as long or longer than the construction cycle. You might have an early start date of October 2012 (don't hold your breath) or you might not see approval until 2015 after a prolonged fight with the city, followed by your 22-24 months of construction. This project looks like it might be dragging on through 2017. I think the FoCo model is more similar to the North Texas or Baylor models than best case scenarios like Stanford (olympic bid + rich) or Central Florida (citrus bowl) in that this is not tearing down and renovating, but starting from scratch. CSU will encounter delay by the nature of having to tear down existing buildings, getting environmental impacts, and going through zoning to accommodate traffic, parking, and infrastructure permitting. It is early in CSU's journey. My guess is that Baylor will beat CSU in this race by two years minimum. Baylor has the donation, location, and public sentiment on their side. CSU is fighting the SOS Hughes, does not have an announced lead donation, and has a bigger real estate head ache.

stadium facts:
Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium. $303M. 50,805 capacity. Approval phase Dec 2004 to Mar 2006. Construction Dec 2006 to Sep 2009. (27months + 33 months). B1G conference.

Stanford Stadium demolition & reconstruction. $90M. 50,858 capacity. Approval 2002 to Jun 2005. Construction Nov 2005 to Sept 2006. (36 months + 10 months).

Central Florida Bright House Networks Stadium. $55M. 48,453 capacity. Approval Dec 2004 to Nov 2005. Construction Mar 2006 to Sept 2007. (11 Months + 18 months).

SMU Gerald J. Ford Stadium. $57M. 32,000 capacity. Approval Jun 1997 to Sep 1999. Construction Sep 1999 to Sep 2000 (27 months + 12 months).

North Texas Apogee Stadium. $78M. 30,850 capacity. Approval 2002 to 2008. Construction Nov 2009 to Sep 2011 (6 years + 22 months)

TCU Amon Carter Stadium renovation. $164M. 50,000 capacity. Approval 2003 - Aug 2010. Construction Nov 2010 to Sep 2012. (7 years + 22 months)

Baylor Stadium $250M est. 45,000 capacity. Approval Nov 2011 - ???. Construction TBD (target Sep 2014)

Texas Tech AT&T Jones Stadium. $84M. 60,454 capacity. 1999 - 2009. Incremental renovations. (10 years)

Oklahoma State Boone Pickens Stadium. $286M. 60,218 capacity. 2003 - 2008. (5 years)

owned5.jpg

Owned.jpg

stadium facts:

Great stuff Skiddy. Of course it is wasted on Gasm, because he will simply not acknowledge actual data that might contradict his point of view, no matter how relevant it is.

Great stuff Skiddy. Of course it is wasted on Gasm, because he will simply not acknowledge actual data that might contradict his point of view, no matter how relevant it is.
How does that contradict my point exactly? Its actually helping prove it. Approval for CSU's stadium will be announced in August. It was first announced in December. December-August=9 months. ALso plenty of those stadiums were built in the exact range I already stated: 20-24months construction. So yeah that would set us up to be ready Sept 1, 2014.....

derp

How does that contradict my point exactly? Its actually helping prove it. Approval for CSU's stadium will be announced in August. It was first announced in December. December-August=9 months. ALso plenty of those stadiums were built in the exact range I already stated: 20-24months construction. So yeah that would set us up to be ready Sept 1, 2014.....

derp

Good thing that game will be played in Denver

derp
:lol: You suck at reading. I'm excited to see your take on the naming rights fees.

derp

Fantastic! Gasm will be ready to give personal full approval by August - getting the city, county, state and inter-agency officials on board may take longer....but then what do they matter once OMFGasm has given public approval.

Fantastic! Gasm will be ready to give personal full approval by August - getting the city, county, state and inter-agency officials on board may take longer....but then what do they matter once OMFGasm has given public approval.

Somebody check to see if Ft. Collins is exempt from the laws of due process.

When using Jack Graham's Easy Button, one can simply bipass any and all bureaucracy associated with financing, permitting, zoning hearings, and contract bidding.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I hear Jack Graham lead the Seal Team 6 mission to render Bin Laden in his spare time.

Except for the fact that we don't need any of that. CSU can built what we want on our own land.

Tony Frank has the be all end all say in the matter. And he will say yes in mid August

Except for the fact that we don't need any of that. CSU can built what we want on our own land.

Tony Frank has the be all end all say in the matter. And he will say yes in mid August
Or he won't. See how easy this is?

Unless you are going to install outhouses and bottled water I'm guessing you will need approval from someone within the city to approve sewer lines, water lines, and I'm just guessing but I would think that Ft. Fun would have a say about any traffic that would impact the city. But I don't know. Maybe since it is Jack Graham and Tony Frank they can just tell the city to STFU because apparently they are the two most powerful people in the world.

As a state entity, CSU can pretty much tell the city of Ft. Collins that they'll take the new stadium and like it. They already have existing water taps and sewer lines, so that's not an issue. If they want to be a good neighbor, they might want to work out some of the details of parking and traffic. The thing is, the traffic in/out of Hughes is a freak show as it is, and that goes through a residential neighborhood. I would tend to think that Ft. Collins would be in favor of moving the traffic out of the neighborhoods and into the city streets.

When using Jack Graham's Easy Button, one can simply bipass any and all bureaucracy associated with financing, permitting, zoning hearings, and contract bidding.

I want one of those. Torerobuff construction company, with an easy button, bypass all bureaucracy and have whatever you want built in 3 months. I'm rich Bitch.

As a state entity, CSU can pretty much tell the city of Ft. Collins that they'll take the new stadium and like it. They already have existing water taps and sewer lines, so that's not an issue. If they want to be a good neighbor, they might want to work out some of the details of parking and traffic. The thing is, the traffic in/out of Hughes is a freak show as it is, and that goes through a residential neighborhood. I would tend to think that Ft. Collins would be in favor of moving the traffic out of the neighborhoods and into the city streets.

Don't ever think that a city doesn't have leverage. If they got pissed off enough, they could put a limit on the size of vehicles using city streets around the stadium except for emergency vehicles and mass transit. Construction trucks couldn't get to the site.

Anyway, it's best to play nice and not shove things down the city's throat. That goes for CU as well as CSU.

Don't ever think that a city doesn't have leverage. If they got pissed off enough, they could put a limit on the size of vehicles using city streets around the stadium except for emergency vehicles and mass transit. Construction trucks couldn't get to the site.

Anyway, it's best to play nice and not shove things down the city's throat. That goes for CU as well as CSU.

I agree it's best to play nice, but it's not like they have to.

And as stated earlier the city ultimately controls the water and sewer infrastructure. The university could go ahead and use existing taps but eventually they will have to work with the city on other projects and it is a lot easier when they are getting along.

Back