What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

National Championship Thread

Who will win the national championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
LSU vs Clemson tonight.

Hearing that most of the gambling money is on LSU. I'm thinking Clemson. Until someone beats them with Lawrence at QB, I'm going to assume that they won't lose as long as Lawrence is there.

Can't wait for this one, though.

I'm leaning towards Clemson as well, for the same reason. I get Vegas doesn't think this way, but my feeling is that I'm not going to expect anyone to beat Clemson and Lawrence until it actually happens.

I feel like Clemson got their bad game out of the way while LSU got their best game out of the way.

I'm leaning towards Clemson as well, for the same reason. I get Vegas doesn't think this way, but my feeling is that I'm not going to expect anyone to beat Clemson and Lawrence until it actually happens.
Vegas is afraid. They know that if they offered Clemson +7, they could get mega middled. Almost all of the public money is on LSU, but the line has been dwindling.

Vegas wants Clemson to cover badly. I read a few days ago it would be the biggest take Vegas has ever had at that point.

This is / should be a really good game. Teams match-up really well. I am calling for Clemson to come out victorious - I am leaning this way due to experience.

clemson - 35
lsu - 28

Can not wait till Our Buffs are playing on the mighty stage.

I would come in third in the pool with the above. it Cost $100 to get in. Winner gets $650. Second takes $450 and third gets $200

I've been back and forth on this one. Where it's going down should be an advantage for LSU. Against Clemson, I don't know how much of a factor it will be? They are used to being in this game by now, they expect to be. I think LSU finds a way, though.

LSU 38
Clemson 35

Last edited:
They want Clemson to win outright. The books also have big liability on some LSU futures that were pretty long at the start of the season and parlays from the weekend.
They also have exposure on Clemson to win NC “No” as folks loaded up as they struggled early. I heard.

They also have exposure on Clemson to win NC “No” as folks loaded up as they struggled early. I heard.
There is some “no” liability for sure. With those 25/1, 30/1, 40/1 tickets on LSU... maybe they cancel each other.

I’m pulling for LSU, but I have a nagging feeling that Clemson is going to ruin the party in New Orleans.

Game in NO may work to Clemson's advantage. LSU is the team with all the pressure. Home crowd, favored in the betting, ranked #1 coming in.

Clemson may be looser, doesn't hurt that they also have recent championships.

LSU is loaded but Clemson has the kind of talent that could turn this into a major upset. Get ahead and LSU starts pressing and making mistakes.

Not confident enough to put my house on it but let's go Clemson by at least 10.

I’ll take Dabo over Farmer Fran.
At a certain level, the Jimmies and the Joes are all pretty much the same and it comes down to game prep, motivation, and in-game adjustments. There might not be anybody better in the country at those three things than Dabo Swinney.

Game in NO may work to Clemson's advantage. LSU is the team with all the pressure. Home crowd, favored in the betting, ranked #1 coming in.

LSU is loaded but Clemson has the kind of talent that could turn this into a major upset. Get ahead and LSU starts pressing and making mistakes.

That's the first time, and likely the last time, I ever hear that home crowd advantage is a problem.

Same with being favored in betting.

I think it just comes down to the Clemson o line against the LSU front 7. Clemson D and LSU O will both have their moments but if Clemson starts getting a push up front I think they should win.

Back