What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Settlement - Salary Cap & Back Payment of NIL to Former Players

If for some reason it goes to 48, CU is in with Prime. If no Prime, they are likely in a bubble discussion. IMO. I don’t care about CSU’s plight.

If it is 48, I think it's a bubble situation for CU.

It won't happen this year and maybe not next.

If we can make it 3 years in a row of being one of the top 5 broadcast ratings and article click generators in the sport (along with being a top 15 market, a top 30 all-time program, and show a couple years of being back among the contenders), CU will be a lock.

Media will drive the re-organization (along with, potentially, university presidents & administrators having to choose whether they're ok with their revenue sports becoming private sector business entities). The conferences won't drive this because the elite programs that are key to a deal are only concerned with maximizing revenue & prestige - they'll pay lip service to tradition & history with their affiliations but as USC & UCLA showed when they ditched Stanford, Cal, UW, UO, OSU & WSU plus over 40 years with UA & ASU, it's about the money & prestige. They were more concerned about travel and tv time slots than they were with ending a multi-generational marriage.

It won't happen this year and maybe not next.

If we can make it 3 years in a row of being one of the top 5 broadcast ratings and article click generators in the sport (along with being a top 15 market, a top 30 all-time program, and show a couple years of being back among the contenders), CU will be a lock.

Media will drive the re-organization (along with, potentially, university presidents & administrators having to choose whether they're ok with their revenue sports becoming private sector business entities). The conferences won't drive this because the elite programs that are key to a deal are only concerned with maximizing revenue & prestige - they'll pay lip service to tradition & history with their affiliations but as USC & UCLA showed when they ditched Stanford, Cal, UW, UO, OSU & WSU plus over 40 years with UA & ASU, it's about the money & prestige. They were more concerned about travel and tv time slots than they were with ending a multi-generational marriage.

ESPN has until February 2025 to opt into the remainder of the ACC contract that is to run through 2036. ESPN declines that option, time to start digging the grave for the ACC right next to the Pac-12's grave.

I don't know if this is really a settlement. I think it is proposed and some of the smaller schools (non P4) feel under represented in the negotiations and they are feeling they are paying 20% of the cost but 95% of the money is going to P4.

I think this will go through a couple of iterations but I think the future of the NCAA may be in trouble.

Back