What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

Stanford is a private school so they get to make those decisions as they want to and to change that process as they see fit.

They take pride in being known for their admission standards but winning football games has been very important to them as well.

It would not be a surprise if a meeting between Shaw and those above him doesn't result in some "modification" of the grad school admissions process to allow for more "flexibility" that translates into keeping key players around.

They already are "flexible" in terms of admitting players and keeping them eligible and on track for their bachelor's degrees.

Um..No they aren't letting more people into the GSB or other schools to help football. You get 5 years of undergrad...

I haven't checked but if these players plan was some sort of co-term/super senior year it was a bad plan.

Is this where the new 25 player count rule Nik brought up else where, could bite them in the ass?

This looks like another example of the NCAA rules pukes stepping on their own dicks. There must be some workaround, right?

I don't see the big issue with a pretty rigid limit of 25.

giphy.webp

If I'm the Falcons I'm calling Shaw
I don't know if I'd like that personally as a Falcons fan.. His conservative nature wouldn't really go well with the offensive firepower that Atlanta has unless he's willing to give full control to whatever OC he hires. I get that he's gotten more pass happy the last two years but it still hasn't been as aggressive as I would like if he were to go to Atlanta.

I don't know if I'd like that personally as a Falcons fan.. His conservative nature wouldn't really go well with the offensive firepower that Atlanta has unless he's willing to give full control to whatever OC he hires. I get that he's gotten more pass happy the last two years but it still hasn't been as aggressive as I would like if he were to go to Atlanta.
The best the Falcons have been in recent memory was when they were dominant on the ground with Kyle Shanahan calling plays. Matt Ryan is not a guy who can carry a franchise with his arm.

Their cap situation's a mess. If somebody goes, its Tom Dimitroff.

The best the Falcons have been in recent memory was when they were dominant on the ground with Kyle Shanahan calling plays. Matt Ryan is not a guy who can carry a franchise with his arm.
They were dominant on the ground yes, but that 2016 Super Bowl year was also Ryan's statistical best in pretty much every category you can think of. He was the MVP because of that. I think he can carry a franchise with his arm, I just think the Atlanta D has been such a big weakness for so long it's hard to be extremely successful in the League with a D like that. The coaching staff at Atlanta outside of Shanahan (when he was there) offensively hasn't been great either imo.

Their cap situation's a mess. If somebody goes, its Tom Dimitroff.
I don't like him either, I don't know how often a GM goes in the same year as a HC but I can't imagine it's often. Not a fan of either guy really.

SAM NOYER
DB, COLORADO BUFFALOES
Colorado redshirt junior DB Sam Noyer has entered his name into the transfer portal.
Noyer (6'4/220) began his collegiate career as a quarterback, but he moved to safety just before the start of this season. The redshirt junior appeared in ten games this season, seeing the majority of his on-field reps on special teams, and he finished with one tackle. Noyer will be eligible to play at his next stop as a grad transfer, and it remains to be seen if he'll remain at safety or move back to quarterback.

SOURCE: 247Sports.com
Dec 16, 2019, 2:05 PM ET

SAM NOYER
DB, COLORADO BUFFALOES
Colorado redshirt junior DB Sam Noyer has entered his name into the transfer portal.
Noyer (6'4/220) began his collegiate career as a quarterback, but he moved to safety just before the start of this season. The redshirt junior appeared in ten games this season, seeing the majority of his on-field reps on special teams, and he finished with one tackle. Noyer will be eligible to play at his next stop as a grad transfer, and it remains to be seen if he'll remain at safety or move back to quarterback.

Good luck to him. It didn't work out here but it always seemed like he was a good kid. He made a good Buff and was a gamer switching to Safety right before the season.

SAM NOYER
DB, COLORADO BUFFALOES

He could probably start for Eddie Mac at UNC at QB.

Damn. Things not going well in Palo Alto, huh? Weird. Talk about a program built on consistency. To all of a sudden fall apart like they have is very surprising to me. I’ll be very interested to see if they are able to rebound at all next year. Maybe they really are on a downward trend.
Furd fired their well-thought-of, beloved S&C coach, who was renowned for developing in his guys into real beasts, using innovative and "unconventional" (not drug-related, they ain't Fuskers!) methods. He was made into the overall Ath.Dept. S&C, then got sideways with somebody.....details are vague.

SAM NOYER
DB, COLORADO BUFFALOES

Good Luck Sam, you were a committed Buff throughout the years and that will always be appreciated!!! I hope he find a nice fit and can have a great last season before he moves on with life. He has graduated, so he has a bright future either way. Will follow him next year.

Good Luck Sam, you were a committed Buff throughout the years and that will always be appreciated!!! I hope he find a nice fit and can have a great last season before he moves on with life. He has graduated, so he has a bright future either way. Will follow him next year.
I will always wonder what if when it comes to Noyer and Lytle, but it's conveniently easy to ask for the backup qb. Best of luck to him.

KJ Costello is now in the transfer portal. I think some of you guys are on to something about Shaw, and wonder if Buffs are interested. I for one am not as pessimistic about Lytle and am hopeful that he shows up in the spring. Of course, that shouldn't prevent the team from approaching quality qbs in the transfer portal.

Safety depth is thin and we need that recruit. But....man, hard to turn Costello down if we could get him. I’m guessing Tucker is going to roll with Lewis though.

I bet we could bowl for sure with Costello. Would he have just one year to play? Would hope we could convince Lewis we will work him in for four games and then he’s the guy next year.

Back