What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never seen Brian Howell this frustrated

Some of Bryan's are analogues a little bit of a stretch. Obviously, there was no "Power 5" in some of those years... but a few would not have been considered "major college football," in their own time.

In 1921, UCLA was apparently simply the "Southern Branch Cubs," and they played in the league that was the forerunner to the current league with Chapman, Claremont McKenna, etc. UCLA didn't even exist, it was a small branch of UC Berkeley. Likewise, Louisville in 1932 was a very regional school, essentially a city college, that had not yet joined the state-funding regime. Which I suppose ultimately means we're even worse than that stat suggests.

It's gonna be hard to argue this isn't the worst CU team if it goes 0-12, but that 2012 was really flippin' bad. 1980 would be the other contender for worst ever.

Things could get pretty dang ugly the rest of the way. We play multiple teams that could absolute scorch us, if they aren't feeling pity in the second half.

I don’t understand why they are waiting to let him go, you pay him this year whether he’s on the sidelines or on his couch. Move the next guy up, pay him a little more and he gets 8 games or so to prove his worth. Georgia Tech saw enough today to fire their coach, firing a coach mid-year is not a death sentence. At least RG shows his fan base he cares, the university cares and they have a chance to get a head start on looking for the next coach. RG can compile a list, go and see coaches in person, ask questions and get this right. It’s not that hard honestly.

It has been theorized that if you give him to the end of the year he would be more amenable to a negotiated buyout than he would be if fired mid season. I don’t know if I believe that, but it’s really the only reason you keep him.

It has been theorized that if you give him to the end of the year he would be more amenable to a negotiated buyout than he would be if fired mid season. I don’t know if I believe that, but it’s really the only reason you keep him.
His delusions on where this program is, makes me think he won't negotiate either way. He thinks the program is better than he found it.

Not sure if this has already been noted, but our rushing defense is really something to behold. Not surprised that we’re last in the country in that statistic, but the fact that we’re 62 yards per game away from the team in second to last place is :oops::oops::oops:

View attachment 54545
It's pretty incredible that the run defense against UCLA significantly improved this stat for our Buffs. 😔

Brian asked Dorrell about the experience in the front seven and why they have been so bad, and his answer was basically that players are out of their gaps and the opposing team run schemes have done a good job against them. No ****ing ****, Karl.
Karl thinks it is because our pass defense is really good and teams are concentrating on running the ball. :LOL: :cry:

Brian asked Dorrell about the experience in the front seven and why they have been so bad, and his answer was basically that players are out of their gaps and the opposing team run schemes have done a good job against them. No ****ing ****, Karl.
Yeah, when I am heard him say that, I had a glimmer of hope there would be ownership of coaching. If your defense lines up in the wrong gaps everytime, that's coaching (or lack thereof). Alas, Dorrell blamed it all of the clueless, inexperienced players...

Dorrell is bad but Mel gets too much of a pass as the architect of our imminent destruction. He was handed average/competitive, brought in little talent and abandoned us at worst time. Buffs needed their best hire since Mac to fix that mess. RG went with Dorrell (almost Sark).

I don’t understand why they are waiting to let him go, you pay him this year whether he’s on the sidelines or on his couch. Move the next guy up, pay him a little more and he gets 8 games or so to prove his worth. Georgia Tech saw enough today to fire their coach, firing a coach mid-year is not a death sentence. At least RG shows his fan base he cares, the university cares and they have a chance to get a head start on looking for the next coach. RG can compile a list, go and see coaches in person, ask questions and get this right. It’s not that hard honestly.
There is no next guy up to trust. This staff is historically inept.

Dorrell is bad but Mel gets too much of a pass as the architect of our imminent destruction. He was handed average/competitive, brought in little talent and abandoned us at worst time. Buffs needed their best hire since Mac to fix that mess. RG went with Dorrell (almost Sark).
are you suggesting that after 3 years this is still midnight Mel’s fault? Silly.

There is no next guy up to trust. This staff is historically inept.

are you suggesting that after 3 years this is still midnight Mel’s fault? Silly.
Mel ruined it and the wrong guy came in to fix a job that was made harder than it needed to be. Dorrell’s had 2 recruiting classes. All the guys playing are Mel’s class and Dorrell’s young guys. Mel’s one class was the only year to really bring in talent without major obstacle. This year’s on field talent directly reflects Mel’s shenanigans. That’s how college football works.
Now we need another Mike Mc type to build us back up from ground zero.

Mel ruined it and the wrong guy came in to fix a job that was made harder than it needed to be. Dorrell’s had 2 recruiting classes. All the guys playing are Mel’s class and Dorrell’s young guys. Mel’s one class was the only year to really bring in talent without major obstacle. This year’s on field talent directly reflects Mel’s shenanigans. That’s how college football works.
Now we need another Mike Mc type to build us back up from ground zero.
Actually, Dorrell ran off the only legit talent this program had in it. Mel left because of the systemic issues that have us in this position. Rick George didn’t need to hire him. He could have done his job and found another qualified candidate that wanted $3.5m+/year instead of offering it to this boob

I hinted at this before, but if the AD can't raise money (which is apparently now confirmed), we are in lame duck status until he's gone.

Phil needs to be out, obviously, but nothing matters until we get an AD who's message of change resonates with donors.

Isn't that like the #1 job of an AD? Raise money? Hire good coaches might supersede that, but if RG can't get donors to pick up the phone.. any normal school would be like ok RG you gotta go buddy

None of this is Mel Tucker’s fault. If you believe that, you’re part of the problem.
I'm not sure they're part of the problem necessarily.

Lots of successful programs have large contingencies of idots.

Back