What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIL act passed - NCAA allows athletes to monetise their name, image, likeness

No expectation. But have you ever been to one of these places? It’s all decked out in military stuff and the mission statement is all about supporting the troops. Just found it amusing they didn’t is all…when a place like Express or Vans does.
As we've seen over the last year or so, for certain (groups of) people, supporting the military and police is mostly contingent on whether it benefits them or not. Small business giving military discounts doesn't help their bottom line

As we've seen over the last year or so, for certain (groups of) people, supporting the military and police is mostly contingent on whether it benefits them or not. Small business giving military discounts doesn't help their bottom line
Define a small business, 50, 100, 300 employees?
I own a business with 2 employees and I've raised over $10K for the Fisher House @ Lacklund AFB San Antonio 2018-to current (not including the Make a Wish Foundation<none military).
Out of pocket cost (including 10% excise tax mandatory I have to pay regardless of status charity or sale), appx $3,500.00
It's come back to us 3 fold at the minimum.
Consider the percentages of Pawn Shops, Small Gun/Ammo dealers, Mom & Pops, small chain box stores that offer Military discounts = Millions of $$$$.
Our company has to compete with off shore production....Fishing baits, if we've been able to accomplish what we have I believe most Americans prefer to purchase domestic regardless of price in support of our military.

It does come across as rather hypocritical. I guess I’d like to know how, exactly, are they supporting our service members.
Haha. I won’t go so far as “hypocritical” but amusing nonetheless.
Maybe this is their support?
Heroes like you are welcome here from the moment you walk in our doors. On our walls are the authentic symbols of bravery and courage shared with us by American Heroes. Every day, we salute the USA together, all standing at attention for the National Anthem, at noon. You’ll be part of something meaningful and significant.

Willing to hire veterans to serve bbq if they apply??

We've committed and signed the contract for $800.00 for the upcoming school year for 15 tweets to an athlete that plays football @Florida U who's the son of a former member of HSM - 74 Swamp Fox.
Most important he's a walk on.

Last edited:
Define a small business, 50, 100, 300 employees?
I own a business with 2 employees and I've raised over $10K for the Fisher House @ Lacklund AFB San Antonio 2018-to current (not including the Make a Wish Foundation<none military).
Out of pocket cost (including 10% excise tax mandatory I have to pay regardless of status charity or sale), appx $3,500.00
It's come back to us 3 fold at the minimum.
Consider the percentages of Pawn Shops, Small Gun/Ammo dealers, Mom & Pops, small chain box stores that offer Military discounts = Millions of $$$$.
Our company has to compete with off shore production....Fishing baits, if we've been able to accomplish what we have I believe most Americans prefer to purchase domestic regardless of price in support of our military.
Thanks for the info and good for you and your business. I was making a tongue in cheek comment about some of the varying responses to different events in this country the past year

Thanks for the info and good for you and your business. I was making a tongue in cheek comment about some of the varying responses to different events in this country the past year
Question is did you google the Fisher House?
I've been there once 2006, as a parent of 6 healthy children it was gut wrenching...

Last edited:
Somewhere out there there is a G5P5 bottom feeder like school with SMU caliber boosters that will change or try to change the landscape of college football.

By the way, is T. Boone Pickens still alive and active?

And What if the schools with the 20 richest alumni started to spend directly on their programs? Some famililar names on here:

1. Harvard University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $4.8 trillion

2. Stanford University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $2.9 trillion

3. University of Pennsylvania
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.8 trillion

4. Columbia University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.5 trillion

5. New York University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $712 billion

6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $990 billion

7. Northwestern University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $389 billion

8. University of Southern California
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $548 billion

9. University of Chicago
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $707 billion

10. Yale University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $777 billion

11. University of California, Berkeley
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $760 billion

12. Cornell University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $483 billion

13. The University of Texas at Austin
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $463 billion

14. Princeton University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.1 trillion

15. University of Notre Dame
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $179 billion

16. University of Michigan
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $691 billion

17. University of California, Los Angeles
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $375 billion

18. University of Miami
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $309 billion

19. University of Virginia
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $246 billion

20. Boston University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $277 billion

Last edited:
Somewhere out there there is a G5P5 bottom feeder like school with SMU caliber boosters that will change or try to change the landscape of college football.

By the way, is T. Boone Pickens still alive and active?

And What if the schools with the 20 richest alumni started to spend directly on their programs? Some famililar names on here:

1. Harvard University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $4.8 trillion

2. Stanford University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $2.9 trillion

3. University of Pennsylvania
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.8 trillion

4. Columbia University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.5 trillion

5. New York University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $712 billion

6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $990 billion

7. Northwestern University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $389 billion

8. University of Southern California
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $548 billion

9. University of Chicago
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $707 billion

10. Yale University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $777 billion

11. University of California, Berkeley
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $760 billion

12. Cornell University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $483 billion

13. The University of Texas at Austin
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $463 billion

14. Princeton University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $1.1 trillion

15. University of Notre Dame
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $179 billion

16. University of Michigan
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $691 billion

17. University of California, Los Angeles
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $375 billion

18. University of Miami
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $309 billion

19. University of Virginia
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $246 billion

20. Boston University
Estimated total UHNW alumni wealth: $277 billion

That list is weirdly out of order.

T Boone Pickens died in 2019. You did that research and couldn't check that point? It is likely the only reason the "I'm a man and I'm 40!" redneck is still the coach.

Harvard could function off 2% of that endowment annually with 100% free tuition to all students and still pay all its operating costs. Just insane.

No expectation. But have you ever been to one of these places? It’s all decked out in military stuff and the mission statement is all about supporting the troops. Just found it amusing they didn’t is all…when a place like Express or Vans does.
Person 1: I support our troops.
Person 2: When and how have you ever supported the troops?
Person 1: Just last week, I ran a 10k for them.
Person 2: What 10k race?
Person 1: Race? No, I ran a 10k on my treadmill.

Bryce Young is at almost $1M in endorsements.

Bryce Young is at almost $1M in endorsements.
We are in big trouble.

Please explain. They still only get 25 scholarships every cycle.
I just don’t believe that our fan base will support players financially the way teams in the SEC, BIG, BIG 12 or the ACC will. We are also going to be far behind Oregon, USC, UCLA and Stanford.
I even think Nebraska might be able to return to the glory years and I see us going the other way.
I hope I’m wrong but I think we are in big trouble.

I just don’t believe that our fan base will support players financially the way teams in the SEC, BIG, BIG 12 or the ACC will. We are also going to be far behind Oregon, USC, UCLA and Stanford.
I even think ****braska might be able to return to the glory years and I see us going the other way.
This seems the way it has been for a while now.

This seems the way it has been for a while now.
Ding, ding, ding.

A lot of people are going to be shocked, shocked at how it is and has been working.

Including some ADs.

Strangely, I'm not being competely sarcastic. I actually do think many people, including some ADs, are going to be surprised at how much money has been flowing to these athletes.

I even think ****braska might be able to return to the glory years and I see us going the other way.
There will be two college footballs in a few years. CU will be in the lower one.

There will be two college footballs in a few years. CU will be in the lower one.
Certainly seems College Football is no longer about football: “Where/how can I maximize my brand?” When millions of dollars are in play, every person on the field will have very reasonable motivation to “find a market,” well beyond actually playing the game.

I imagine the sidelines during games are going to take on a carnival-like, social-media-focused atmosphere, curbed only slightly by quaint old-school Coach rules (which will quickly fade into irrelevancy): XFL+ anyone? I’m putting the over-under on players being late getting onto the field at 1.25 per game.

I have always been a fan of the players getting paid, as they clearly are professional athletes. However, (nearly?) every professional sport governs and controls the flow of money in some way... not seeing even just lip-service being paid to the concept of competitive balance. Maybe it’s just going to make the present disparity worse: in this case, it (definitely) goes to 11.

Last edited:
It was pointed out earlier in this thread, but I think it’s going to be chaos for a while until the schools and conferences can get their arms around how this is all going to play out. In another year or two, we should start to see some parameters put around how this will work. These parameters should, in theory, restore a little competitive balance. In the meantime, it’s going to be a bumpy ride where some programs just treat this like a free for all to openly buy the services of athletes.

It was pointed out earlier in this thread, but I think it’s going to be chaos for a while until the schools and conferences can get their arms around how this is all going to play out. In another year or two, we should start to see some parameters put around how this will work. These parameters should, in theory, restore a little competitive balance. In the meantime, it’s going to be a bumpy ride where some programs just treat this like a free for all to openly buy the services of athletes.
Who is going to place and enforce these parameters?

NCAA? Conferences?

Who has the legal ability to place and enforce these parameters?
FIFY.

There are serious limits to what an organization, whether it's the NCAA, NAIA, SEC, ACC, B1G, P12, B12, WAC, etc, etc, etc, can actually do to regulate any of this within the law.

Oddly, and I can see heads exploding all over the place as soon as this is realized, currently the only legal way to regulate any of this is if there's a player's union.

Absent that, or a change in law, it will be hard for college sports to be anything other than a "regular" US labor market where individuals are free to sell their labor to the highest bidder.

Last edited:

Nick Saban did concede at this SEC Media Days presser that the playing field could become uneven. I think everyone including you sees the writing on the wall for college sports. That's why I checked out FCS football this recent spring and I'm jumping into the international soccer world at this point.

Nick Saban did concede at this SEC Media Days presser that the playing field could become uneven. I think everyone including you sees the writing on the wall for college sports. That's why I checked out FCS football this recent spring and I'm jumping into the international soccer world at this point.
I mean the NIL is bad for CFB, but that is no reason to overreact and go full soccer

I mean the NIL is bad for CFB, but that is no reason to overreact and go full soccer
I think it's funny to leave CFB because of the influence of money and then go to international soccer.

episode 8 cracker GIF

Who is going to place and enforce these parameters?

NCAA? Conferences?
Who knows? I think that’s all part of the process. The NCAA is toothless at this point, and anything it does to place restrictions on the system would be immediately challenged in court.
They’re the idiots who put us in this situation in the first place. So I kind of think we are seeing the death throes of the NCAA right now. I suspect we will see some kind of working group of the major conferences get together to do this. What that will actually look like is anybody’s guess.

Back