What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Northern Colorado Game Week (Official Thread)

Tv said the helmet hit the head and neck and that's all that matters. idk

By the definition of the rule it looked like a legitimate call. But I think this is a BS rule because of the speed of the game and how suddenly the offensive player can move or duck just before being hit.

Not sure about that. Is the "crown of the helmet" part no longer a consideration with targeting? If this is true, I guess its targeting, but he did have his face up when he hit him

Official sees a guy's head move when he gets hit and automatically thinks targeting. Its refereeing 101-see the infraction, and then make the call.

Yeah yeah yeah make it rain against a freaking FCS team that is actually in the game in the fourth quarter. What a joke

Credit where credit is due-UNC brought it today, and they deserve to be in this football game.

As far as our situation, I think Cindy Brunson's report might have hit the nail on the head. This team isn't suffering from a lack of talent......its a lack of maturity. I think its coaches on down-MM has pulled off two rebuilds, but this is the first time in his career where his focus is sustaining success. Sustaining success starts with respecting your opponent......which hasn't happened the last two weeks. The result has been flat, uninspired football.
A middle pack Big Sky team playing well should not allow them to be in a game with P5 team that has this much talent on it. The buff are a rudderless group of individuals right now.

Yeah yeah yeah make it rain against a freaking FCS team that is actually in the game in the fourth quarter. What a joke

I just turned the game on right before the end of the 3rd quarter. Montez' stat line looks pretty nice. How has he played?

Why is Fisher a backup? He should be on the field a lot more, even if they use him as a corner or something to do so

Mostly. I think there are other issues at play as well though. Do we even have another RB on the roster aside from Lindsay?
Best RB on the team other than Lindsay is a former walk-on coming off a major injury who is also undersized.

Unfortunately says it all.

Montez wasn't the problem today. OLine and most of the defense
Yeah. 2 of the UNC touchdowns were on drives that were extended by personal fouls on 3rd down stops. Plus a lot of sloppy and stupid stuff besides that. Intensity wasn't there today, even from a focus standpoint of doing their job even if not fired up.

A middle pack Big Sky team playing well should not allow them to be in a game with P5 team that has this much talent on it. The buff are a rudderless group of individuals right now.

Did you get past the first sentence of my post before you decided to respond to me?

Irwin needed this game to shake the rust off. He didn't play like himself and made a couple mistakes that are pretty rare for him.

Adkins has looked fine when used. Fumble put him on the bench today.

Adkins can look like a star. But always a reason for him to be on the bench.

Adkins is what he is. He's a track star playing football. He looks great when he's feeling 100% and the blocking is so good he doesn't have to take a hit. Great at outrunning people in an open field.

Montez throwing frat signs last week told me pretty much all I need to know about where this team's head is at. Hope they pull it together sooner than later.

Back