What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Noyer moves to safety

Jay had (has) a lot of heart and talent (see last year's Nebraska game), but he played a lot in 2017 while Viska and KD sat on the bench.

He also went full whiny bitch when FHCMM was let go. He shouldn't have played after that, his pouty body language was probably a downer to the team.

Who gives a ****? The season ended the minute the Oregon State game was over. Why are we even talking about what Jay did several months after he graduated and his dad got another job?

We know Noyer isn’t shy of contact and can hit hard. The tackle he made after throwing an interception last year is enough proof of that. Curious if he can work his way into any playing time at safety.

Surprising move.

Hopefully it says good things about Lytle.

Regarding Noyer at S, fwiw I have heard that he is faster and quicker than Montez. Whether that's enough to be fast & quick enough to be a safety, I don't know.

Makes me think our secondary is really struggling if Noyer decided he had a better chance of getting to play this year at safety than he had at quarterback.

Surprising move.

Regarding Noyer at S, fwiw I have heard that he is faster and quicker than Montez. Whether that's enough to be fast & quick enough to be a safety, I don't know.

Makes me think our secondary is really struggling if Noyer decided he had a better chance of getting to play this year at safety than he had at quarterback.
If Noyer plays more than 20 snaps at safety. This season is going to be worst than last.

Part of being a good coach is being able to evaluate the talent you have and see places where someone could make more of a contribution to the team. As a quarterback he should know defensive schemes as well as anyone, so if he is athletic enough the switch could work out really well. I am sure the coaches have given him reps at safety in practice and liked what they saw, and would have a bit more insight into his realistic capabilities at safety than any of us do.

Surprising move.

He had zero chance to play at QB, so of course he has a better chance to play at S than QB. Does this really tell us anything more about the Secondary than we’ve already known? Not to me it doesn’t.

I'm betting he didn't "decide he had a better chance at safety;" he was told he had a better chance at safety, and then decided he believed the person who told him that.
This is the most accurate way to look at this move.

I think this has everything to do with skills as a QB and not so much with what they think about the safety position. They probably figure it's the best fit for his skill set so they'll give him a shot there, but how much can he be expected to contribute there anyway if he gets switched 2 weeks before the season opener? Plus It's a fairly drastic switch to go from QB to S, it's a fundamentally different position and not like going from CB to S or vice versa, RB to WR, TE to OL etc. where you have quite a few similar elements.

I think this has everything to do with skills as a QB and not so much with what they think about the safety position. They probably figure it's the best fit for his skill set so they'll give him a shot there, but how much can he be expected to contribute there anyway if he gets switched 2 weeks before the season opener? Plus It's a fairly drastic switch to go from QB to S, it's a fundamentally different position and not like going from CB to S or vice versa, RB to WR, TE to OL etc. where you have quite a few similar elements.
I think it's a mix. No chance for him at QB and concerns about the safety competition.

Didn't Iowa State move a QB to LB, and he ended up being a leader on that D. Not saying this is the case with Noyer but I am willing to trust that this Staff is putting players in position to help the team.

Competition, yes. But if he sees the field something will have probably gone very, very wrong.
Probably. I mean, odds are that your statement is correct. There is a chance that he's a good safety, though. I'm not counting on it in the least, but stranger things have happened.

Probably. I mean, odds are that your statement is correct. There is a chance that he's a good safety, though. I'm not counting on it in the least, but stranger things have happened.
Maybe he can play S in the upside down world.

Back