What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 5th - Arizona @ Colorado

At least I won't be up until 2:00 a.m. again.
Hey! You're in a "city that NEVER sleeps!" I thought 2:00AM meant nothing to you NooYawkers??? You can get a pastrami samwich anywhere in the City at that time!

Don't come kvetching to us, meshugener ! Same goes for manhattanBuff!!!

Mustafa has a lower leg injury caused by an illegal and intentional clip! Viska was injured when the ASU DB administered a little extra cheap shot when landing on top of him after his run. They're not announcing what was injured: no reason to let other cheap shot artists know a target area. (My WAG is shoulder or rib cage.)
Was the clip within the tackle box? Not a quality football play, but that used to be legal. I know rules have changed. Just wondering.

Question: same leg on which he had the boot this spring? Thanks.

Mustafa has a lower leg injury caused by an illegal and intentional clip! Viska was injured when the ASU DB administered a little extra cheap shot when landing on top of him after his run. They're not announcing what was injured: no reason to let other cheap shot artists know a target area. (My WAG is shoulder or rib cage.)

The tackle on Viska was dirty?

Was the clip within the tackle box? Not a quality football play, but that used to be legal. I know rules have changed. Just wondering.

Announcers said that linemen can go low if they are moving forward and not sideways inside the tackle box. I believe the issue was that Mustafa pushed upfield fast enough that the lineman came at him from the side to cut him.

It was just announced that kickoff will be at 2:30 p.m. MT - televised on Pac-12 Network

I would have preferred a 5 p.m. start but thrilled it's not 11 a.m. nor 8 p.m.

I'm going to be busy all day on Saturday, but I'm still happy not to have another game at 8. That's far too late.

Hey! You're in a "city that NEVER sleeps!" I thought 2:00AM meant nothing to you NooYawkers??? You can get a pastrami samwich anywhere in the City at that time!

Just because the city never sleeps doesn't mean I don't.

Ref didn't think so ASU flagged for clipping on that play! Or maybe it was the fact that Mustafa was engaged "high" with the ASU guard. Can't high-low" a DT any more.

The tackle on Viska was dirty?
Didn't say the tackle was dirty, but watch the follow-through by the DB. There was a sneaky, rabbit-punch follow through. No replay on the broadcast, so you have watch the video.

After all, Viska didn't get hurt when the DB merely "grabbed his flag"!

Announcers said that linemen can go low if they are moving forward and not sideways inside the tackle box. I believe the issue was that Mustafa pushed upfield fast enough that the lineman came at him from the side to cut him.
Yes, thanks. That’s the new twist.

Didn't say the tackle was dirty, but watch the follow-through by the DB. There was a sneaky, rabbit-punch follow through. No replay on the broadcast, so you have watch the video.

He was ripping at the ball as they went to the ground. A common practice among savvy defensive players in the sport of football.

I just watched a condensed highlight of the play. Your take is incredibly weak. The defender was trying to knock the ball out at the end of the play, not dirty in the slightest.

I just watched a condensed highlight of the play. Your take is incredibly weak. The defender was trying to knock the ball out at the end of the play, not dirty in the slightest.
Yup. I've watched that play at least 10 times. Viska had the opportunity to run out of bounds. He cut inside, and plowed into the DB. DB grabbed the ball and twisted, taking Viska down. Totally legit play. Really, DB didn't have any choice. Viska needs to be taught there is a time for putting himself at risk, and a time to get down or out of bounds and get ready for the next play.

Yup. I've watched that play at least 10 times. Viska had the opportunity to run out of bounds. He cut inside, and plowed into the DB. DB grabbed the ball and twisted, taking Viska down. Totally legit play. Really, DB didn't have any choice. Viska needs to be taught there is a time for putting himself at risk, and a time to get down or out of bounds and get ready for the next play.
He's the anti-Montez in that regard, but maybe Steven needs to teach him a thing or two about self preservation

The game is supposed to be physical, last time I checked. If somebody steps over that line, it's usually easy to see. Trying to cause a turnover isn't dirty. ASU might toe the line a bit with some of their bs, but I don't think some of the plays mentioned were dirty.

I remember when i was in new york, walking back to my hotel at 1am to go to sleep and walked past a sports bar and saw that there was a live college football game still on. It felt very weird to see football on that late

Gotta wonder if he'd even do that, though. That's just how he plays and who he is.

Viska is a physical player. He reminds me a bit of Peter Forsberg in that neither avoid(ed/s) contact. That mindset cost Forsberg. I believe he was knocked out of the playoffs one year with a ruptured spleen or something.

And Manhattan is the name of the street where you bought your first house. 😀

giphy.gif

If this your take on that play then maybe football is not your sport to watch. That literally happens on almost every play

Back