What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 5th - Arizona @ Colorado

If this your take on that play then maybe football is not your sport to watch. That literally happens on almost every play
Was playing and been watching the sport since well before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye, junior! Not every tackle includes cheap shots designed to hurt the other guy...unless maybe that's the way you played...

Was playing and been watching the sport since well before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye, junior! Not every tackle includes cheap shots designed to hurt the other guy...unless maybe that's the way you played...

You need to be specific about what you are talking about. Your lame generic comment about a "rabbit punch" does not mean anything. The DB almost got run over and then tackled Viska to the ground while trying to knock the ball out. Not the slightest bit dirty and Viska did not exactly react like a guy who had just taken a cheap shot. Stop whining.

Would Arizona be ranked if they had beaten Hawaii? TAMU are ranked 25 and they are terrible. SEC bias.

Will Khalil Tate, J.J. Taylor play for Arizona Wildcats at Colorado?
By Michael Lev Arizona Daily Star Sep 30, 2019 Updated 1 hr ago

Arizona QB Khalil Tate burst into prominence at Colorado in 2017. Will he be able to play there Saturday? Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate and tailback J.J. Taylor did not play against UCLA on Saturday night because of injuries. Will the pair return for the Wildcats’ game this upcoming Saturday at Colorado? “Don’t know yet. We'll see what happens on Monday,” UA coach Kevin Sumlin said after the Cats’ 20-17 victory over the Bruins. “We're not going to put those guys in harm's way with the type of injuries that they have. Those guys can be explosive players. When you have ankles or leg injuries like that, what you don't want is for something that just nags on (them) for the whole year. We'll assess that throughout the week.” Sumlin said Tate was dealing with hamstring and ankle issues. Taylor has a sprained right ankle. Both injuries were suffered during Arizona’s previous game against Texas Tech on Sept. 14.

Sumlin said both Tate and Taylor “sat out” for most of the Wildcats’ bye week. Tate did some work this past week but Friday “was not a good day” for him physically, Sumlin said. “He had a hamstring that was healing up,” Sumlin said. “We’ve run him in the pool. He's got an ankle too." Freshman Grant Gunnell and junior Rhett Rodriguez shared first-team reps during the bye. Gunnell started against UCLA and passed for 352 yards and a touchdown. Tate became an overnight sensation two years ago at Colorado, rushing for a record 327 yards and four touchdowns after coming off the bench for injured starter Brandon Dawkins. Tate has been Arizona’s starter ever since but missed time last season because of an ankle injury.

While Tate wore sweats during Saturday night’s game, Taylor dressed and participated in warmups and stretching. He hadn’t missed a game since the 2016 season, when he sat out the final eight contests because of a broken ankle. Sumlin said Taylor “didn’t look good up until Thursday” of this past week. Four backs combined for 241 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in place of Taylor.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawi...e_c9ddc968-e2e4-11e9-ad1c-e3531231aedf.html#1

Will Khalil Tate, J.J. Taylor play for Arizona Wildcats at Colorado?
By Michael Lev Arizona Daily Star Sep 30, 2019 Updated 1 hr ago

Arizona QB Khalil Tate burst into prominence at Colorado in 2017. Will he be able to play there Saturday? Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate and tailback J.J. Taylor did not play against UCLA on Saturday night because of injuries. Will the pair return for the Wildcats’ game this upcoming Saturday at Colorado? “Don’t know yet. We'll see what happens on Monday,” UA coach Kevin Sumlin said after the Cats’ 20-17 victory over the Bruins. “We're not going to put those guys in harm's way with the type of injuries that they have. Those guys can be explosive players. When you have ankles or leg injuries like that, what you don't want is for something that just nags on (them) for the whole year. We'll assess that throughout the week.” Sumlin said Tate was dealing with hamstring and ankle issues. Taylor has a sprained right ankle. Both injuries were suffered during Arizona’s previous game against Texas Tech on Sept. 14.

Sumlin said both Tate and Taylor “sat out” for most of the Wildcats’ bye week. Tate did some work this past week but Friday “was not a good day” for him physically, Sumlin said. “He had a hamstring that was healing up,” Sumlin said. “We’ve run him in the pool. He's got an ankle too." Freshman Grant Gunnell and junior Rhett Rodriguez shared first-team reps during the bye. Gunnell started against UCLA and passed for 352 yards and a touchdown. Tate became an overnight sensation two years ago at Colorado, rushing for a record 327 yards and four touchdowns after coming off the bench for injured starter Brandon Dawkins. Tate has been Arizona’s starter ever since but missed time last season because of an ankle injury.

While Tate wore sweats during Saturday night’s game, Taylor dressed and participated in warmups and stretching. He hadn’t missed a game since the 2016 season, when he sat out the final eight contests because of a broken ankle. Sumlin said Taylor “didn’t look good up until Thursday” of this past week. Four backs combined for 241 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in place of Taylor.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawi...e_c9ddc968-e2e4-11e9-ad1c-e3531231aedf.html#1
I really hope that both Tate and Taylor play, that Laviska is out if that's what he needs, and Johnson is back next week, and we still demolish the Kitties. That way no question we legitimately beat them without the narrative that they were down players (including that we were missing our best).

I really hope that both Tate and Taylor play, that Laviska is out if that's what he needs, and Johnson is back next week, and we still demolish the Kitties. That way no question we legitimately beat them without the narrative that they were down players (including that we were missing our best).
I'm 100% on board with Tate sitting this one out, tbh. I'm not concerned with this program needing to prove something by getting everyone's best/healthiest shot at this point. Get the win and become 2 Ws away from bowl eligibility.

I'm 100% on board with Tate sitting this one out, tbh. I'm not concerned with this program needing to prove something by getting everyone's best/healthiest shot at this point. Get the win and become 2 Ws away from bowl eligibility.
I wouldn't care if the 4th, 5th and 6th wins came against teams whose starting offense and defenses were sidelined by the flu, mono, a social disease, or 22 ankle sprains.

I'd read this as Miller out for sure, unknown on the other two. Great news that we can expect Viska back this season.

No bueno with a short week traveling to Oregon on the horizon. Need Miller to get healthy in a hurry.

At least we would have game tape on the backup QB from their game against UCLA and know what to expect. That should mean a CU win this Saturday?

Only hope is that our weakness in the secondary is cancelled out by their receivers being just as bad. Maybe Montez can go Super Saiyan again
giphy.gif

may your mojo be strong.
His mojo will probably be cancelled out by my anti-mojo.

I’ll be there as well. My last roadie was ASU in 2017. Then the Alamo Bowl. Stanford and Hawaii in 2011. I honestly can’t remember the last time I witnessed a CU road win in person. Probably the 2001 B12 CG.

With any luck, all my bad juju has been expended.

I’ll be there as well. My last roadie was ASU in 2017. Then the Alamo Bowl. Stanford and Hawaii in 2011. I honestly can’t remember the last time I witnessed a CU road win in person. Probably the 2001 B12 CG.

NM

I am afraid to list the games that I have been to up here. It’s not been pretty. Time for the mojo to change

Back