What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Looking at CoachScoop, seems like a lot of defensive coaches and DC are the ones being let go around the country, not nearly as many OC or offensive assistant coaches.

Following Matt Campbell's hire at Iowa State has been some entertainment this week. Fans are getting concerned that he's bringing too many Toledo assistants with him and questioning what a majority MAC staff will be able to do in a tougher conference. The two coaches announced who didn't just move over with him are a former Toledo guy who followed Beckman to Illinois and the current Iowa State RB coach Ayeni who, sadly for CU, was retained.

From their SBNation blog:
The "meshes really well" part covers the core guys I mentioned.
But he can’t think his entire staff were the best coaches out there or the best he can get. I hope. And passing on candidates because you’re worried they won’t respect you because of age or experience or whatever shows a lack of confidence that could be concerning. It’s not like we’re expecting him to have to coach a bowl game in a month and he needs to have a staff in place tomorrow.

That's all too familiar of a concern. Funny to see it play out with someone else's team.

I saw a post about Noel Mazzone looking to move on from UCLA. I didn't find anything to confirm that; but it would not be crazy to think of him coming to Boulder if he wanted out of UCLA.
He coached with MMac on the Jets staff. He also coached at Boulder High when he was first starting out. It would be a big upgrade if we brought him, his son and Klemm to CU.
It could be something in the works, which would explain why Richt took the Miami job instead of interviewing here first.

Following Matt Campbell's hire at Iowa State has been some entertainment this week. Fans are getting concerned that he's bringing too many Toledo assistants with him and questioning what a majority MAC staff will be able to do in a tougher conference. The two coaches announced who didn't just move over with him are a former Toledo guy who followed Beckman to Illinois and the current Iowa State RB coach Ayeni who, sadly for CU, was retained.

From their SBNation blog:

That's all too familiar of a concern. Funny to see it play out with someone else's team.
Learn from MM's mistake.... just say no

Brian Schottenheimer (OC) might be available from Georgia. However, he was making 1.9MM. Looks like the dude can recruit at a very high level.

Brian Schottenheimer (OC) might be available from Georgia. However, he was making 1.9MM. Looks like the dude can recruit at a very high level.
There was a year of crossover between him and HCMM in NY with the Jets (2007). If the money is there for him, which I highly doubt it is, it'd be worth a call, IMO.

He was a disaster this year.

Meh. Georgia had a Offensive Efficiency of 55th in the nation. CU was 92nd. Also, Georgia faced the #1,5, 10, 19 and 30 most efficient defenses.
Plus, the guy can recruit. And not just a QB, he actually recruits other positions! He would be a tremendous upgrade. Not gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Meh. Georgia had a Offensive Efficiency of 55th in the nation. CU was 92nd. Also, Georgia faced the #1,5, 10, 19 and 30 most efficient defenses.
Plus, the guy can recruit. And not just a QB, he actually recruits other positions! He would be a tremendous upgrade. Not gonna happen, but it would be nice.

He was at Georgia for less than a year so who knows if he can recruit or not and that place recruits itself anyway.

I only watched a couple of their games this year but they were awful offensively. They didn't have a qb but still.

Was listening to the latest "The Audible" podcast from Feldman and Mandel and they mentioned that Joe Wickline might be out as OL coach at Texas as part of the offense revamp there. He's a well respected OL coach (despite the messy lawsuit over his buyout between Texas and Okie Lite) and has a lot of Texas recruiting ties.

For any of this **** to happen some assistants need to actually be let go. I have this sinking feeling growing that there will be few, if any, AC changes this off season and that scares me.

For any of this **** to happen some assistants need to actually be let go. I have this sinking feeling growing that there will be few, if any, AC changes this off season and that scares me.
You will be wrong.

You don't think Walters could handle it? You don't think he has a good enough football background to make him an effective OC? You would rather lose him and keep Lindgren?

I would rather find a proven OC and hire a WR Coach with recruiting chops.

Walters is highly thought of, but I don't see taking that risk considering the state of the program.

You don't think Walters could handle it? You don't think he has a good enough football background to make him an effective OC? You would rather lose him and keep Lindgren?
Yes. No, but since he has no experience as Oc, there really is no evidence he'd be a good one, especially right away. And yes.

Now, do you like training ocs?

Could they give him a promotion to passing game coordinator and still bring in an OC? He wouldn't be calling plays at UCF anyway with Frost.

Back