What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Whittingham and USC does not seem like the combo. I think USC needs a special guy. Someone that would embrace being the hollywood coach and what not.

SC has to be careful-they need a very solid guy with a head on his shoulders. Keep in mind that Sark's precedessor is Joey Freshwater (that nom de guerre is still hilarious). Pat Fitzgerald makes the most sense. Whittingham may make sense for Miami. He's consistantly gotten talent out of Texas, and they probably can get people out of Florida if need be.

Cowherd speculating after he talked to someone within the USC AD that Chip Kelly is not a good fit with the big time jobs like USC, Texas or Miami because he doesn't like to deal with all the boosters, media etc.. Better for the next tier jobs.

Cowherd speculating after he talked to someone within the USC AD that Chip Kelly is not a good fit with the big time jobs like USC, Texas or Miami because he doesn't like to deal with all the boosters, media etc.. Better for the next tier jobs.
How does he feel about running his offense at altitude where you could run the opposing defense into the ground? I'm asking for a friend.

Cowherd also went on for about 4 days last year that he knew who the new Michigan coach would be and that it wasn't Harbaugh...

Cowherd also went on for about 4 days last year that he knew who the new Michigan coach would be and that it wasn't Harbaugh...

He also went on a rant last Thursday about how good of a coach Sark was. Literally the day of the Washington game. I was just passing along information.

I was talking to a Clemson guy over lunch about Spurrier's resignation from USC-East, his love of golf and propensity for pissing off his alma mater's fans.

We decided he's going to be the next offensive coordinator for Georgia. It really fits the pattern.

Outside of Jim Rome, Colon Cowherd is the most uninformed personality in sports journalism.

Outside of Jim Rome, Colon Cowherd is the most uninformed personality in sports journalism.

True but Cowherd at least sounds intelligent. The Rome show sounds like a meeting of the jr. high school outcast who weren't part of the cool kids so they invented their own version of cool, which wasn't cool, just juvenile..

Seriously,

Has any one coach destroyed four teams in one conference before? The "Dynasty is officially over there" modified poster would get a lot of play too. Or maybe they'd just modify it back to the original form.
No it was not serious - I just wanted to give people a chuckle...I don't think Rick will ever coach again. He did less with more than anyone.

No it was not serious - I just wanted to give people a chuckle...I don't think Rick will ever coach again. He did less with more than anyone.

Put him in a cowboy hat and he might be a candidate for the Texas job when it comes open.

so would CU be considered the 'next tier' ?

Last edited:
Rome is more of an entertainment show with a sports theme. It's full of inside jokes that take at least 2-3 weeks of consistent listening to understand and it has it's own brand of humor that's centered around making fun of bad callers and only occasionally has good sports takes. It's essentially Allbuffs with a national radio tilt.

True but Cowherd at least sounds intelligent. The Rome show sounds like a meeting of the jr. high school outcast who weren't part of the cool kids so they invented their own version of cool, which wasn't cool, just juvenile..
So....allbuffs?

I tried listening to Rome and had no patience for his idiotic prattle and BS code talking with his equally as inane callers.

Have Screamin´ A and Skip Bayless been disqualified? As long as they´re employed by the WWL this is a non-contest, I´m afraid.

Cowherd thinking USC and Texas are anything like the job at Miami is a little strange.

Back