What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I know snap hires are not the end all and be all, but why does CU seem to be so slow to pull the trigger on hires when others seem like they always have a plan B n their back pocket? Whittingham I get, he has to hire a new OC every year, but others seem to move like they have a game plan. CU always seems surprised and slow to bust a move.

You will get a lot of spin, but I do not really understand it either. Hopefully we see moves sooner this time around.

I know snap hires are not the end all and be all, but why does CU seem to be so slow to pull the trigger on hires when others seem like they always have a plan B n their back pocket? Whittingham I get, he has to hire a new OC every year, but others seem to move like they have a game plan. CU always seems surprised and slow to bust a move.
Mods - please change Lefty's name to Young LeftC. Thanks!

understand what your saying, but history says we had that plan and are better about keeping it quiet. Then it's Shock and Awe when announced.

At Ole Miss he was only goin to be WR coach, he was offered a better position.
Makes sense.

Don't know that I would want to be associated with Baylor though right now. That is a program that is falling apart and still isn't past the worst of what they face due to their own actions.

Holy **** tOSU just massively upgraded their staff. Garbage can Tim Beck leaves to Texas and they hire Kevin Wilson to be OC and he brings Chip Kelly's protege QB coach Ryan Day. Losing Tim Beck was an upgrade enough but this is just unfair.

Holy **** tOSU just massively upgraded their staff. Garbage can Tim Beck leaves to Texas and they hire Kevin Wilson to be OC and he brings Chip Kelly's protege QB coach Ryan Day. Losing Tim Beck was an upgrade enough but this is just unfair.
See what happens when you move too fast replacing AC's?

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Minny message boards predictably melting down.

UM won 10 games in 1905 and 2003, their next best showing was this year's 9 wins. Wow.

I would hate to be a CFB HC these days. You are apparently one sex assault scandal from being canned, whether you had anything to do with it or not. PC rules the day, and God help you if you say the wrong thing. You will end up like GB with your scalp nailed to the administration's door.

The situation at Minny looks different than Bailer, where significant allegations of staff cover up exist, whereas Claeys , at least to my knowledge, simply went GB and tweeted something the PC folk did not like.

No wonder Gary Pinkel took his dough and walked away early.

EDIT: The entire staff has been let go too. Wow. Maybe there is more to the story we don't know, or the Minny Admin. is going full Bitsy, who knows. I am glad I am not a Minny fan....this will take a while to recover from, if ever.

I was just watching a review of this on Sports Center.

The admin spelled it out in painful clarity with every step detailed.
1) Claeys was brought in and informed of the admin's intentions to suspend the 10 players
2) They understood he was supportive of this decision as he didn't provide any debate/pushback
3) Claeys was an active participant in the meeting(s) where the players were informed they were being suspended
4) There was a follow up meeting with the administration to discuss any follow items, everyone was in sync with no major items, including Claeys
5) Then he tweets "Proud of my players for taking a stand" or whatever it was
6) Admin felt they were stabbed in the back - he was done the moment he did that, but the delay was with the holidays and checking with lawyers, etc.

I mostly get their position as they describe it. However, they just self administered the equivalent of the death penalty to themselves. I'm sure some coach will take that job, but with the pending transfers, etc., they are going to have a very long road ahead of them in recruiting.

Back