What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Post-Christmas reset

Things look to be pretty set, unless some post Jan.1 movement happens.

Open jobs:

1. UConn- Going to axe Bob Diaco (h/t to mdelpizzo, in the post immediately above).

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.
2. FIU- Butch Davis takes the FIU gig. 5 year deal and all the Banana Boat products he wants. HaLk is the OC, [insert laugh track here], until he took his rodeo back to DII, where he belongs.
3. LSU- Ed Orgeron takes the job when Herman's price was apparently to high. Jimbo stays at FSU.
4. UT- Herman to UT. Strong's firing wasn't even out of the AD's mouth before Herman was emptying HCCS' desk...looks like this was in the works for a while. UT apparently talked to Jimbo, Dabo and John Harbaugh. Todd Orlando to be DC, still awaiting word on Dawn.
5. Indiana- Kevin Wilson out, Tom Allen promoted and hired, pretty much all in one day. (h/t unionbuff on the firing, buffnik on the hire)
6. Purdue- Jeff Brohm from WKU gets the nod.
7. Baylor- Matt Rhule now presides over the baptist dumpster fire.
8. Oregon- Willie Taggart goes from USF to the land of swooshes and cash, lures away Jim Leavitt with promises of eternal youth and a Play Doh fuzzy pumper barber set. Fires CFB's longest tenured AC, RB coach Campbell.
9. Nevada- Jay Norvell, fmr. ASU WR coach now the head of the Wolfpack.
10. UH- Major Applewhite assumes control of Houston High's FB program.
11. San Jose St.- Brent Brennan, fmr. WR coach at Oregon St. takes over.
12. Cincinnati- Tommy Tuberville resigns. Meanwhile, Mike Bohn calls Chuck.....Luke not-so Fickell, former tOSU DC gets the gig, after all he was just up the road.
13. Florida Atl. U- fired Charlie Partridge, and goes full rogue, hiring Lane Kiffin aka Joey Freshwater, with Kendal Briles coming along for for moral support.
14. Western Kentucky- Brohm to Purdue, Mike Sanford takes over.
15. Temple- Rhule leaves, UF DC Geoff Collins jumps off the Sparkles express to take over Temple.
16. USF- Taggart heads North, by Northwest. Charles Strong is the new HC.

Secondary openings:

None that I know of.

Other news: Doeren safe at NCST with the win over UNC.
DII Danny takes the reins at UC-Davis, Cha'pelle Brown (remember him?) goes from No.AZ. to UC-Davis to be Hawk's DB coach. HaLkins twitter remains, irregular.
MikMac staying put, and hanging up on anyone who suggests otherwise..

Bob Diaco fired at UCONN.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-bob-diaco-fired-20161226-story.html

Giving their timing UCONN really put themselves behind in finding a solid replacement.

Diaco would make a solid DC.

I thought that Diaco was the best DC in the country when he was at Notre Dame. The reason they were in the national championship game after the 2012 season. Runs a 3-4 that he learned at Virginia under Groh (who was a Parcells/Belichick disciple). New leader on my DC wish list.

Not trying to be a dick, but 90% of the threads you start in the pub could be avoided with a 30 second Google search. The other 10% probably more appropriate for your therapist.

Not trying to be a dick, but 90% of the threads you start in the pub could be avoided with a 30 second Google search. The other 10% probably more appropriate for your therapist.

Odd. My therapist says 90% of my issues are best dealt with on Allbuffs.

Wow you don't have to work at it then. Just leave it alone.

I might be beating a dead horse here, but Sumlin is 24-15 (11-13 SEC) since he signed his extension and Manziel walked off campus.

Back